Job and conviction

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Dona in Newark, New Jersey

95 months ago

I have a Bank Fraud conviction and i am on probation for another 8 months, I have not been able to get a job for two years now the only places i havn't applied for Sears and Kmart and other Department stores, other than that i was not hired by the smallest or the bigest companies around in NY or NJ area
how do i get a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Haji Catton in Uniondale, New York

94 months ago

Dona in Newark, New Jersey said: how do i get a job?

Don't mention your conviction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tom in Chattanooga, Tennessee

94 months ago

Talk to your p.o about dropping your probation & have a judge bury it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rain in Orlando, Florida

94 months ago

tom in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: Talk to your p.o about dropping your probation & have a judge bury it

Speaking as a former HR Generalist with Sears Holidings I can tell you, DO NOT LIE and DO NOT OMIT. If you look, the application asks if you have been convicted of a crime, not whether its a misdemeanor or felony. The background check company that Sears Holdings uses can see charges as well as convictions. You can say anything you like, but if you lie on that application, you wont be hired. Period. Ever.

Be honest from the application forward and you will have a good chance of getting hired, as long as you are not dealing with money or credit information in the position you are applying for. With that particular conviction that you have, you will not get a register or call center position with Sears Holdings under any circumstances.

By the way, I don't care how much a lawyer or judge 'buries' something, Sears Holdings will find it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mistreated

92 months ago

I have never had so much as a speeding ticket and I am having a hard time finding honest work myself. It may not JUST be your criminal record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BOB M in Canton, Massachusetts

89 months ago

Dona in Newark, New Jersey said: I have a Bank Fraud conviction and i am on probation for another 8 months, I have not been able to get a job for two years now the only places i havn't applied for Sears and Kmart and other Department stores, other than that i was not hired by the smallest or the bigest companies around in NY or NJ area
how do i get a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I LIVE IN CANTON SOUTH OF BOSTON. ANY ONE LOOKING FOR JOB.
TRY DRIVING A VAN OR TAKE THE KIDS OR SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS TO SCHOOL.. ITS CRUMMY PAY 9.50 HOUR BUT YOU CAN TAKE THE VAN HOME WITH YOU, AND SOME COMPANIES GIVE YOU SOME FREE MILEAGE, BUT THEY WANT VAN ON ROAD IN MORNING AND ITS A SPLIT SHIFT......

89 months ago

BOB M in Canton, Massachusetts said: I LIVE IN CANTON SOUTH OF BOSTON. ANY ONE LOOKING FOR JOB.
TRY DRIVING A VAN OR TAKE THE KIDS OR SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS TO SCHOOL.. ITS CRUMMY PAY 9.50 HOUR BUT YOU CAN TAKE THE VAN HOME WITH YOU, AND SOME COMPANIES GIVE YOU SOME FREE MILEAGE, BUT THEY WANT VAN ON ROAD IN MORNING AND ITS A SPLIT SHIFT......

" TRY A SECURITY JOB .... MAY BE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

WENDY said: WHAT CONVICTION........HOW DO YOU KNOW HAJI CATTON?

____________________________________________-
I try and give everyone advice I do not know him

bob

85 months ago

Dona in Newark, New Jersey said: I have a Bank Fraud conviction and i am on probation for another 8 months, I have not been able to get a job for two years now the only places i havn't applied for Sears and Kmart and other Department stores, other than that i was not hired by the smallest or the bigest companies around in NY or NJ area
how do i get a job?

---------------------------
If you are on PAROLE WILL THAT OFFICER HELP YOU.
BOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

THE BEST TO ALL
BOB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dnny1123

75 months ago

ive done some applications for sears and kmart and i think the survey they give you is stupid, some of the questions i think are wrong because theres four possibles answers and the one you pick could be a good answer but if its not thier answer your wrong
And to top it off, the starting pay is nothing to be happy about
Danny

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.