Don't work at sears employees treated unfairly

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Daphne in Sherman, Texas

12 months ago

I'm going to be blunt with this do not work for sears. This company is going down the drain. Management sucks the store manager and leads are all friends they got rid of h r and now if you have a problem you have to go to YEP store manager.they are always sitting down never answer calls so you are stuck with the angry customer overturn rate is ridiculous because no one will work so hard for this stupid pay 7.25 unless you do nothing then seems that's the ones who get paid more.cashiers don't do nothing the hardware people are lazy no one is in their department to work so customers are always complaining cause they can't find anyone to check out with. The few that do work get treat like crap. The MPU lead is on drugs and puts all his work on the hard workers in receiving so he can sit all day talking nasty to female employees. A single employee will have to sale tools tvs clothes run register help customer because no one cares to help them . Again please find another job do not go here unless you need to learn patience . The Appliance lead is stupid and loves taking bout people but smile in your face and the store manager had to have sucked d to get that position!! Sell credit cards to people but don't tell you they'll put a 50$ charge on your bill become a member of syw so you can get flooded with emails ! Don't go there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daphne in Sherman, Texas

12 months ago

Daphne in Sherman, Texas said: I'm going to be blunt with this do not work for sears. This company is going down the drain. Management sucks the store manager and leads are all friends they got rid of h r and now if you have a problem you have to go to YEP store manager.they are always sitting down never answer calls so you are stuck with the angry customer overturn rate is ridiculous because no one will work so hard for this stupid pay 7.25 unless you do nothing then seems that's the ones who get paid more.cashiers don't do nothing the hardware people are lazy no one is in their department to work so customers are always complaining cause they can't find anyone to check out with. The few that do work get treat like crap. The MPU lead is on drugs and puts all his work on the hard workers in receiving so he can sit all day talking nasty to female employees. A single employee will have to sale tools tvs clothes run register help customer because no one cares to help them . Again please find another job do not go here unless you need to learn patience . The Appliance lead is stupid and loves taking bout people but smile in your face and the store manager had to have sucked d to get that position!! Sell credit cards to people but don't tell you they'll put a 50$ charge on your bill become a member of syw so you can get flooded with emails ! Don't go there

And the stale feel of the store is terrible. Glad I found another respected job ! Outdated building Sherman is the lowest poorest looking store

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Biff Bradford in Madison, Wisconsin

12 months ago

I stopped by Sears recently to by a 12 point socket wrench. It was ~$4 so I paid in cash. The guy at the counter had to use both the register and a 'pad' to accept my payment, and it wouldn't take my cash! He had to go to another register to do the cash transaction. Crazy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roselyn in Reseda, California

12 months ago

Wish I had read this before I accepted an interview. I went there for an interview and they didn't even know I was scheduled for an interview. The person I was suppose to interview with didn't interview me. I ended up interviewing with two people which was fine. I think the only thing that bugged me and put me off was when the manager of the department for cashier started talking about the company I currently worked for. Very unprofessional. What makes matters worse was the way she represented Sears is what makes me not want to apply or accept a job offer by them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

. in Mesa, Arizona

12 months ago

Roselyn in Reseda, California said: Wish I had read this before I accepted an interview. I went there for an interview and they didn't even know I was scheduled for an interview. The person I was suppose to interview with didn't interview me. I ended up interviewing with two people which was fine. I think the only thing that bugged me and put me off was when the manager of the department for cashier started talking about the company I currently worked for. Very unprofessional. What makes matters worse was the way she represented Sears is what makes me not want to apply or accept a job offer by them.

I had this same exact thing happen to me. I didn't even get the job I originally applied for due to them posting the age listing wrong, and after going through 4 hours of trying to get someone to talk to at my scheduled interview day and time, I ended up having to come back in for an interview for a job I didn't even want nor apply for! Very unorganized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.