Sears Corporate Experience, Anyone?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

Chicago in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

Not store sales, not auto, not telephone.

Corporate office culture, treatment etc...
Hoffman Estates, IL is a long drive from the city (especially after the corporation abondoned the city altogether!)--is it worth it?

Want to read your stories!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

"John Smith" in Elmhurst, Illinois

89 months ago

I am a former Sears Corporate Headquarters employee at the Manager level. Sears is a VERY bureaucratic organization. Some VPs are very supportive of their staff some are not. The CEO expects absolute loyalty and blind obedience--if he says jump you only ask how high. The Chairman is even more demanding. Sears has had a very rough time finding it's niche--the merger with K-Mart has not made this any easier. All the folks I talk with who still work there think that Sears will go down the tubes in the next 5 to 10 years a viscim of Wal*Mart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, J. C. Penny, etc. My personal experience was that some the best people I have worked with in my 20+ year career were at Sears and some of the worst were also there. Headquarters employees are treated MUCH better than store employees. Everything is about making money for the shareholders so employee benefits lag--and get worse over time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph R. Skelton in Holiday, Florida

87 months ago

I am susposed to have a maintenance service aggrement. I called 3 weeks ago to set an appointment to repaire my TV I was given a time of from 8 am to 12 noon. It was a long wait but I needed my TV fixed. Here it is after 3 pm and still no repairman. They don't give a dam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Monique Brown in Washington, District of Columbia

87 months ago

Attention: Government Sales Representative
Please provide a W-9 for Purchase Order. Fax document to
202-671-2971 w/legible signature & phone number.

Return call on 202-671-3071.

DMH needs to send our customers into a local store to pick out products, using pre-selected approved listing, w/Sears billing against purchase order. Would like to customers to carry merchandise out at time of selection.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Nick Dean in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

Called July 23 for repair, It's August 31 still NO repair om my refrigerator. I had EIGHT scheduled appointments, FIVE were NO SHOWS! I took off work those five times, with no pay and they don't show up OR they call at 5 pm and say I need to call 1-800-My Home and I HAVE TO RESCHEDULE it - myself.
Twice the technician (so they call them) go into their laptops (the ones that show up always have one) and either cancel it reschedule it.
I've talked to Sears in 5 cities about my complaint - Corporate,2 cities in Texas and 3 cities in California. I have called so many times - I am starting to get the same person twice.
TWENTY SEVEN CALLS and EIGHT APPOINTMENTS and still NO REPAIR. I have 3 parts delivered here by Sears for the repair - for 3 weeks - sitting on my kitchen table.
Everytime youc all - you have explain the problem over and over again - DON'T BUY SEARS appliances !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

MB in Baltimore, Maryland

85 months ago

Same as above, If I did not have a flexible job I wold have been fired for sitting at home waiting for Sears. I will never buy another appliance from Sears again. I will wash my clothes on a rock, line dry them, cook my food on an open fire, wash my dishes by had and use a ice chest to keep my babies milk cold. I have had the worst service expericences ever. I should tape record my dialogue and push play because I am so tired of explaining myself over and over again. I can't even curse anymore. Good luck to you if you decide to buy Sears

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Edward in Boston, Massachusetts

85 months ago

Nick Dean in Los Angeles, California said: Called July 23 for repair, It's August 31 still NO repair om my refrigerator. I had EIGHT scheduled appointments, FIVE were NO SHOWS! I took off work those five times, with no pay and they don't show up OR they call at 5 pm and say I need to call 1-800-My Home and I HAVE TO RESCHEDULE it - myself.
Twice the technician (so they call them) go into their laptops (the ones that show up always have one) and either cancel it reschedule it.
I've talked to Sears in 5 cities about my complaint - Corporate,2 cities in Texas and 3 cities in California. I have called so many times - I am starting to get the same person twice.
TWENTY SEVEN CALLS and EIGHT APPOINTMENTS and still NO REPAIR. I have 3 parts delivered here by Sears for the repair - for 3 weeks - sitting on my kitchen table.
Everytime youc all - you have explain the problem over and over again - DON'T BUY SEARS appliances !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sears doesn't care about us, they only care about our money. Ihope the Cooperated jerks who dream up the ways to scam the working man out of him money burns in...the appliance center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jauhar hashmi in Damascus, Maryland

85 months ago

Countless calls to rude operators. Schedule means nothing to them. I have a washer dryer and a dishwasher from them. The amount of money they spemt on manpower, time and parts they could have replaced my unit. It is a matter of time before thay go in the history books.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

kevin bray in Concord, Massachusetts

85 months ago

Service is the worst that I have ever experienced. Scheduled a dryer repair for today 9/19. It was between the hours of 1-5 at 2:45 I had to get my kids at the bus stop I was home at 3:00pm and found a note that they were here at 3pm and left. I called customer service and they said that the technician is on his way back, after an hour I got another call saying he wasn't coming back. I had the same problem with my washer. Horrible service rude operators and each one told me a different story. I was talking to one of them and she started to ask her co-worker if she was going on break. I will never buy another product from sears and will tell everyone I know about my nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

christina saidak in Memphis, Tennessee

84 months ago

I am waiting week number two for a third repair man to come out and tell me that my compressor fan is dusty. Or at least that is what the other two told me. They don't care that I have three little children and no milk or food in the house. It is getting very expensive eating out every meal, not only food, but gas. I will never deal with Sears again and I can not find a number besides the same old customer support to talk to about this. Where is the satisfaction guarantee I've heard so much about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Henderson, Nevada

83 months ago

I didn't know this website existed until I started researching Sears appliance repair today. I just bought an expensice stainless steel refrigerator last week. It was delivered last week-end but the water dispenser never dispensed cold water. What happened when the repair "jerk" came to my house was unbelieveable. He was rude and hostile, telling it that it was my fault that ice dispensed all over the floor and that "I" had not set up the refigerator properly. I told him that I would report his behavior to his supervisor. He told me to go ahead and that nothing would happen to him. He must know this from other complaints. I told him to get out of my house. I have calls into upper management and I will contact the police on Monday because he was "scary". What happened to Sears. Almost every appliance I own, I bought from Sears. This was a horrible experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

marica sanchez in Sanat Fe, New Mexico

83 months ago

Frustration:
My husband and i purchased a refigerator 3 times and all 3 times it was the wrong size that was delivered even though
measurements were given to sales person, purchase was made on 9/24/07 delivered 9/29 2nd. delivery was made 9/29
still the wrong size. for the 5 time trip to the store. 10/23/07 refigerator was upgraded with supossedly the right measurements delivered 10/27 still wrong size and carpenters
has to be called in, since modern times household can't do without a refigerator, cabinets had to be modified to fit the refrigerator. Sears rep. called 10/26 to say 1st. order
was cancelled. First purchase 18060.99 was paid at the time of purchase, 3rd refigerator was 2108.93 by check. Refund
of 1st purchase could not be made according to sales person.
refund would have to be issued. the kicker is refund was made. check was recieved on 11/1 for $1564.17, when i call after going through 1-800-my-home and speaking with 7 employees Rosalind said i had been charged a restocking fee of 15%. ?? Why When it was thier blunder i will never know,
neverming that a was told nothing could be done until the
local sears store mgr. would call me back tomarrow sat., he
was not avialable today. signed Marcia Sanchez

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jcguy in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Don't waste your time! They were idiots to move the HQ out to Hoffman Estates! The place is not near a Metra rail line so the only way out there is via the Blue Line L out to Rosemont. Then a transfer to a suburban Pace Bus. Traffic is usually a bi*ch on I-90 and usually backs up on your way home. Having a car is just as bad, if not worse than taking public transportation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

not a sears customer anymore in Huntsville, Arkansas

81 months ago

Hopefully I can save someone time and money by reporting a warning to beware of Sears.com. I, too, am very surprised at how Sears is treating their customers, history proves that companies don't last long when customer service goes down. There are plenty of other stores to shop from with good deals. Same story as the others except with sears.com. Promised an item for Christmas, it didn't show, canceled the item and told that the credit will be in my account in 7-10 days; after the 10 days an email shows up saying they have credited my account but it isn't in my account. I call sears.com and wait, wait, wait, and they say it will take 3-5 days. Now I call my bank and the money is in there but not the full amount which includes the tax and shipping. I call today and wait forever again and they say the rest will be in my account in 3-5 days. Big Sigh! The waiting on the phone is very frustrating, your waiting time isn't short. I am just shocked that this is sears. A lot has changed and I will not be shopping at sears again no matter what kind of sale they have. They will reap what they are sowing, people will talk and word will get out and people will stop shopping at sears if things don't change quickly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pissed in Oakland, California

81 months ago

not a sears customer anymore in Huntsville, Arkansas said: Hopefully I can save someone time and money by reporting a warning to beware of Sears.com. I, too, am very surprised at how Sears is treating their customers, history proves that companies don't last long when customer service goes down. There are plenty of other stores to shop from with good deals. Same story as the others except with sears.com. Promised an item for Christmas, it didn't show, canceled the item and told that the credit will be in my account in 7-10 days; after the 10 days an email shows up saying they have credited my account but it isn't in my account. I call sears.com and wait, wait, wait, and they say it will take 3-5 days. Now I call my bank and the money is in there but not the full amount which includes the tax and shipping. I call today and wait forever again and they say the rest will be in my account in 3-5 days. Big Sigh! The waiting on the phone is very frustrating, your waiting time isn't short. I am just shocked that this is sears. A lot has changed and I will not be shopping at sears again no matter what kind of sale they have. They will reap what they are sowing, people will talk and word will get out and people will stop shopping at sears if things don't change quickly.

I would love to report Sears to a state department. Any one know who we could report them to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jac in fair lawn

80 months ago

Sears has loss me as a customer and from what I"m reading many many more. scheduled delivery set up sears sales person and confirmed by sears delivery team NEVER SHOWED,or CALLED. I called delivery asking what happen,I WAS TOLD MOST LIKELY WAS WIPE OUT OF THE SYSTEM BY ACCIDDENT AND I WHOULD HAVE TO RESCHEDULED ANOTHER DELIVERY. I NEEDED THIS DRYER SO I MADE A NEW APPOINTMENT. wELL SURE ENOUGH THE THIS DELIVERY WAS A NO SHOW AGAIN.ONCE AGAIN I STAYED HOME FOR NOTHING. NOT EVEN A CALL TO SAY THEY WERE NOT COMING. ONCE AGAIN I HAD TO CALLED THEM. EVERY TIME U CALL THEY WANT THE SAME INFOMATION ALL OVER AGAIN. U HAVE MY INFO NOW WHERE IS MY DRYER? THERE ANWSER WAS THE BEST I CAN SEE IT DID NOT PLACED ON THE DELIVERY TRUCK YOU WILL HAVE TO SCHEDULED A NEW DELIVERY. wHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wells8244 in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

I have had a horrible experience with sears.com. I have shopped there before and never have I had this many problems. I ordered 3 items that were supposed to be Christmas gifts for my kids on black Friday (day after Thanksgiving). One of the items shipped out in about 1 or 2 weeks. The problem with the first item was that they charged me immediately when I placed the order for the item, but then turned around and charged me the same thing again when the item shipped out, so I got double-charged on that. That was an issue of its own. I called customer service numerous times until finally someone told me the credit would be issued in 3-5 days. It eventually was. Now, the other two items are a different issue. I was charged for them immediately, but they never came. I called customer service a few times before Christmas checking the status. They kept assuring me that the order was still processing and would make it before Christmas. I told them that I wanted to go ahead and cancel it because I didn't think it would make it and was told that I could not cancel an order that is already in processing status. So, I played the waiting game. Christmas came and went. I called back about my items... by then, it was the end of December, beginning of January. They told me that the remaining items had been cancelled due to them being out of stock. I asked when I would receive my refund. Of course they said 10 business days... That came and went... I called back, they said 10 business days, now today, they tell me that they need to research some check they are supposed to be issuing... What the heck. That order was made 2 months ago. I don't think I am ever going to get my money back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ExSearsCustomer in Worcester, Massachusetts

80 months ago

After a lifetime of being a devoted Sears customer, I will never do business with Sears again.

Bought a $2000 GE refrigerator w/ 5 yr warranty. Had a problem, called Service. My mistake.

2/5/08
Scheduled svc for 2/6 8:00-12:00. Was told that I would get a call after 8:00 am. Provided my cell and home phone #s.

2/6 Appt #1
Got a msg at 7:45 am from the tech, while in the shower. No call back number. Immediately called Svc 800-469-4663. Told them I would be out until 8:30 taking the kids to school, so to have the tech call my cell. However, he came at 8:20 and called my home phone that he was there. Got home at 8:30, called Svc again, who said they would have the tech return. Nothing. Called 5-6 times each time being told the tech would call w/in 30 mins. Finally, at 1:30 I rescheduled for next morning 8:00-12:00.

2/7 Appt #2 & #3
After 9:00 am called Svc who claimed that my service WASN’T IN THE SYSTEM ! Had to reschedule for 8:00-5:00. Was told the tech would call “sometime” to confirm.

Called Sears 800-549-4505 to complain. While looking at my log, said that MY 8:00-5:00 SERVICE HAD BEEN REJECTED! Funny, nobody called to tell me. Said that I had to reschedule, so I asked for the (MA) District Svc Mgr. After10 mins got a number 978-777-4724.

Appt #4
I called and was told that the Svc Mgr was not in and to call the 800 number. After insistence, a Jim Louder said that my service was rescheduled for 2/8. I told him that 3 days off from work was unacceptable. He said to schedule service for a Saturday, not caring what I had been through. I insisted on service today, but he would not commit or commit to a call back for yes or no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

weezie in Warwick, New York

79 months ago

Hi For all those considering to purchase the exteded warranty/repair agreement. DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT !!! It's a waste of money. They take your money but they don't provide adequate service. A refigerator repair takes a week !!!! Let me ask where do you put your food all that time???????????
A dryer repair takes 2 week's !!! How do dry clothes when a 2 year old is throwing up every 20 mins & clothes are piling up !!!! This is a repair not a maintenance call...but 2 week's???????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lee_mattie terry in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

SEARS HAS LOST A CUSTOMER OF 12 YRS OVER A $84.00 DISPUTE...I'M A GOLD CARD MEMBER WHO DISPUTED A $184.00 IN HOME SVC FOR A RIDING LAWN MOWER TIRE VALVE STEM REPLACEMENT WHICH COST $3.00 ANYWHERE==I CLIMBED THE CORP LADDER TO THE EXC V.P.&GENERAL MGR OF THE HOME REPAIR DIV==I WAS TOLD BY HIS [MARK C. GOOD]SECRETARY THAT THE CHARGES WILL STAND AND THEY WERE SORRY SEARS COULD NOT SATISFY ME,BUT OH WELL!!!SEATS WILL NOT BE IN BUSINESS FOR MUCH LONGER W/CUST SATISFACTION AT THIS LEVEL.I HAVE CUT UP MY SEAR GOLD CARD AND ANYONE I COME IN CONTACT W/WILL GET THE MOST NEGATIVE REPORT I COULD EVER GIVE A COMPANY==BEWARE=ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hawkinsmhall

78 months ago

"John Smith" in Elmhurst, Illinois said: I am a former Sears Corporate Headquarters employee at the Manager level. Sears is a VERY bureaucratic organization. Some VPs are very supportive of their staff some are not. The CEO expects absolute loyalty and blind obedience--if he says jump you only ask how high. The Chairman is even more demanding. Sears has had a very rough time finding it's niche--the merger with K-Mart has not made this any easier. All the folks I talk with who still work there think that Sears will go down the tubes in the next 5 to 10 years a viscim of Wal*Mart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, J. C. Penny, etc. My personal experience was that some the best people I have worked with in my 20+ year career were at Sears and some of the worst were also there. Headquarters employees are treated MUCH better than store employees. Everything is about making money for the shareholders so employee benefits lag--and get worse over time.

I am also a former corporate employee. The reason the company is failing is because of unnecessary spending. I worked for the home improvement department and my boss spent tons of unnecessary money. One the department went into downsinzing I was the first to go. It makes me think, maybe I should have been good at wasting money, maybe I would still have my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lost Me in Phoenix, Arizona

78 months ago

I too, have, as of late experienced bad customer serv. in my dealings w/sears. The way I found this site -- was because I was I had googled for the Sears hdqtrs for a fone no. or an addr. to write a letter of complaint. The comments of the Sears repair "non-service" are reminscent of what I went thru recently. I will never call Sears repair again -- which means that after many yrs of buying my appliances at Sears (20plus)I am not likely to make a major purchase there again. My most recent experience reaffirmed my believe that the classy-well respected Sears of yesteryear is gone forever. I don't know if the merger w/Kmart brought this on or if it was in slow decline already. Last year my family purchased a 2000 dlr plasma tv and a inexpensive dvd/hdmi upconverter. The dvd player stopped working after about 9mos. To make a long story short I still had warranty under mfr. for parts - determined that laser bad - part not avail I was told I was entitled to an comparable exchange. Well, easier said then done w/Sears system! From the rude gal at the repair cntr (which was far from my home) to the really unkind, rude asst mngr at the Mesa store and the rude salesclerk at the Chdlr store to the finally nice asst mngr (apparently the exception) at the Chdlr store who finally helped me makes me want to never buy anything major there again -- shoes, socks??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

weezie in Warwick, New York

78 months ago

weezie in Warwick, New York said: Hi For all those considering to purchase the exteded warranty/repair agreement. DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT !!! It's a waste of money. They take your money but they don't provide adequate service. A refigerator (my friend's) repair takes a week!!!! Let me ask where do you put your food all that time???????????
A dryer repair takes 2 week's !!! How do dry clothes when a 2 year old is throwing up every 20 mins & clothes are piling up !!!! This is a repair not a maintenance call...but 2 week's???
I also forgot to mention how they called to cancel (oops.. reschedule) my appt so I had to wait even longer.
Unfortunately everyone today in the NEW Millenium is only out for themselves.
Can I ask... What ever happened to the CUSTOMER is ALWAY'S right!!!
Can someone answer this????
Didn't anyone ever tell them without customer's you DON'T stay IN business.
I guess WE the people once again have ALLOWED it. Meaning to take advantage & walk all over us. Now we have to go back to demanding better customer service. Meaning THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAY'S RIGHT because without US YOU wouldn't have a JOB!!!!!!!MR MANAGER!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeffrey Smythe in Florida

75 months ago

I contracted for a kitchen remodeling job with Sears Home Improvement, 1024 Florida Central Parkway, Longwood FL 32750 and had cracked and defective cabinets installed. My wife discovered the cracks when she was cleaning them and the putty came out of the cracks of two cabinets. I called and complained to the salesman, but an obvious deception has been perpetrated here by concealing defects with putty. I am financing $13,000, $230 a month payments, and find that defective merchandise was installed! This is Sears - and I feel let down and cheated by this! Sear's contractors are an extension of them. These two cabinets will need to be removed, my microwave reinstalled, and this will require my wife and I to be inconvenienced also. The cabinets are only 7 months old and falling apart and I owe 13 grand! Thank God my wife found the putty! I will email pictures to anyone who is interested in seeing this! JEFFSMYTHE@VERIZON.NET SEARS of all places! Jeff Smythe Jeff Lakeland, Florida
U.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Sears

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hawkinsmhall

75 months ago

"John Smith" in Elmhurst, Illinois said: I am a former Sears Corporate Headquarters employee at the Manager level. Sears is a VERY bureaucratic organization. Some VPs are very supportive of their staff some are not. The CEO expects absolute loyalty and blind obedience--if he says jump you only ask how high. The Chairman is even more demanding. Sears has had a very rough time finding it's niche--the merger with K-Mart has not made this any easier. All the folks I talk with who still work there think that Sears will go down the tubes in the next 5 to 10 years a viscim of Wal*Mart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, J. C. Penny, etc. My personal experience was that some the best people I have worked with in my 20+ year career were at Sears and some of the worst were also there. Headquarters employees are treated MUCH better than store employees. Everything is about making money for the shareholders so employee benefits lag--and get worse over time.

I agree 100%, Headquarters treat their people much better than store associates. I also worked for corporate but was laid off after just 8 months.When I inerviewed and they assured me Sears was stable and my job was safe. You would think 8 months surely they knew this job was not going to last. Sears is such a bad company, I couldn't even get a job in the stores.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

POFF in Woodbridge, Virginia

66 months ago

Pissed in Oakland, California said: I would love to report Sears to a state department. Any one know who we could report them to?

I AM CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH A BATTLE WITH REPAIRS ON MY REFRIGERATOR. I DID NOT PURCHASE THE MASTER PROTECTION PLAN BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PURCHASE IT SO THE ONLY WARRANTY I HAVE IS THE ONE THAT COMES WITH THE REFRIGERATOR. AFTER READING OTHER COMPLAINTS I AM GLAD I DID NOT PURCHASE THE MASTER PROTECTION PLAN. I HAD MY 1ST REPAIR APPOINTMENT ON 22 JANUARY 2009 FROM 8AM TO 12NOON. THE REPAIRMAN WAS VERY PLEASANT. HE ASSESSED THE REPAIRS & CONFIRMED TO ME WHAT I HAD THOUGHT WAS THE PROBLEM. MY COMPRESSOR & STARTER NEEDED REPLACING. HE ORDERED THE PARTS & ALSO SCHEDULED ME AN APPOINTMENT FOR 02 FEBRUARY 2009 FROM 8AM TO 12NOON. THE PARTS ARRIVED WHICH WAS GOOD. ON MY 2ND REPAIR APPOINTMENT ON 02 FEBRUARY 2009, A DIFFERENT REPAIRMAN ARRIVED TO INSTALL THE PARTS. ALL WAS WELL UNTIL 22 FEBRUARY 2009. THE REFRIGERATOR WASN'T COOLING EFFECTIVELY & THE COOLING FAN WAS MAKING A NOISE LIKE IT WAS HITTING AGAINST SOMETHING. I CALLED THE SAME DAY TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT. MY APPOINTMENT WAS ON 25 FEBRUARY 2009 FROM 1PM TO 5PM. I HAD THE SAME REPAIRMAN I HAD THE 2ND TIME. IT WAS GOING ON 415PM & NO REPAIRMAN OR CALL. I CALLED SEARS TO FIND OUT WHERE THE REPAIRMAN WAS. THEY SAID THEY WOULD CONTACT HIM TO HAVE HIM CALL ME. THE REPAIRMAN CALLED & SAID HE WOULD BE HERE SHORTLY THAT HE HAD JUST FINISHED ANOTHER JOB. THE REPAIRMAN COULD HAVE AT LEAST CALLED TO SAY AT LEAST THAT HE WAS RUNNING BEHIND ON A JOB & WOULD BE THERE SHORTLY. FINALLY WHEN THE REPAIRMAN ARRIVED IT WAS 515PM. AFTER ASSESSING THE PROBLEM, HE STATED THERE WAS ICE BUILD UP AROUND THE COOLING FAN & A NEW MOTHERBOARD & TEMPERATURE WIRING WOULD NEED TO BE ORDERED. HE SAID ALSO TO LEAVE THE REFRIGERATOR UNPLUGGED FOR 2 HOURS TO ALLOW THE ICE TO THAW FROM THE FAN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

TO FINISH MY RECENT COMMENT SINCE RUNNING OUT OF SPACE. I ASKED THE REPAIRMAN WHEN IS MY NEXT APPOINTMENT(SINCE IT WAS HIS JOB TO SCHEDULE IT & TELL ME). HE STATED RUDELY, "WHEN YOU RECEIVE BOTH PARTS WHICH WILL BE SHIPPED SEPARATELY, TO CALL & SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT AT THAT TIME". I RECEIVED ONLY 1 PART SO FAR, THE TEMPERATURE WIRING. I CALLED SEARS PARTS ORDER ON 10 MARCH 2009 TO FIND OUT ANY INFORMATION ON WHEN I WOULD BE RECEIVING THE MOTHERBOARD. THEY STATED THEY HAVE THE PART IN THE WAREHOUSE BUT NO PRICE FOR IT YET. I'M THINKING, "WHAT THE #@##$@@#, YOU CAN AT LEAST SEND IT SO MY REFRIGERATOR CAN BE WORKED ON & THE COMPANY DEAL WITH THE PRICE LATER(HELLO WARRANTY IS IN EFFECT!!!!)". I ASKED THEM ABOUT RE-IMBURSEMENT FOR MY LOST GROCERIES. THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE TO CALL THERE FOOD LOSS LINE. THEY SAID THEY SAW IN THE COMPUTER I HAD AN APPOINTMENT FOR REPAIRS ON 11 MARCH 2009. I TOLD THEM I KNEW OF NO SUCH APPOINTMENT. THE REPAIRMAN WHO CAME ON THE LAST APPOINTMENT SAID FOR ME TO CALL & SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT ONCE I RECEIVED BOTH PARTS. THE WOMAN I SPOKE TO SAID THE REPAIRMAN WOULD NOT HAVE SAID THAT. IN OTHER WORDS SHE DID NOT BELIEVE ME. I TOLD SEARS THAT IF THERE WAS AN APPOINTMENT I WOULD HAVE WRITTEN IT DOWN ON MY CALENDER. SEARS SAID NOTHING. I ENDED THE CALL HERE TO TRY & COOL OFF. I CALLED SEARS PARTS ORDER AGAIN ON 20 MARCH 2009 TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE MOTHERBOARD. THE WOMAN I SPOKE TO COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING IN THE SYSTEM ABOUT THE MOTHERBOARD. I TOLD THE WOMAN I WAS GOING TO RETURN THE REFRIGERATOR & TO HAVE SOMEONE CALL THE SEARS OUTLET STORE TO LET THEM KNOW I WAS RETURNING THE REFRIGERATOR & NOT TO CHARGE A 15% RESTOCKING FEE. I TOLD HER IT HAS BEEN TO LONG WAITING ON PARTS & REPAIRS, I LOST ALL OF MY GROCERIES BECAUSE THE TEMPERATURE IS NOT COOLING EFFECTIVELY. THE WOMAN SAID FINE. SHE PATCHED ME THROUGH TO THE FOOD LOSS LINE. THE WOMAN I SPOKE TO THERE SAID THEY CAN'T RE-IMBURSE ME FOR THE FOOD SINCE I DO NOT HAVE THE MASTER PROTECTION PLAN. BS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

SORRY I THOUGHT I WOULD BE FINISHED, THIS IS THE FINAL.
THE WOMAN I SPOKE TO FROM THE FOOD LOSS LINE SAID SHE WOULD SEND IN A REQUEST FOR RE-IMBURSEMENT OF FOOD LOSS. SHE SAID SHE WOULD HAVE A REPLY BACK IN 24 HOURS(1 DAY). I TOLD HER THANK YOU & HUNG UP. I WENT ON 22 MARCH 2009 TO THE SEARS OUTLET STORE TO RETURN THE REFRIGERATOR, SINCE HAVING TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO BORROW A TRUCK & HAVE HELP REMOVING THE REFRIGERATOR. THE WOMAN AT THE REGISTER TOLD ME I COLD NOT RETURN IT BECAUSE OF THE 90 DAY POLICY. I TOLD HER THAT WAS BS & I WAS TOLD OF NO SUCH THING. I TOLD I CALLED SEARS CUSTOMER SERVICE & THAT THEY SAID I COULD RETURN IT WITH NO RESTOCKING FEE APPLIED. THE WOMAN SPOKE TO ANOTHER WOMAN WHO SAID THE SAME THING & SAID SINCE I DO NOT HAVE THE MASTER PROTECTION PLAN I COULD NOT. I TOLD HER I WAS GOING TO SUE THE COMPANY & LEFT VERY PISSED OFF.
I PLAN TO SUE & NOTIFY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OF THIS BS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

hawkinsmhall said: I agree 100%, Headquarters treat their people much better than store associates. I also worked for corporate but was laid off after just 8 months.When I inerviewed and they assured me Sears was stable and my job was safe. You would think 8 months surely they knew this job was not going to last. Sears is such a bad company, I couldn't even get a job in the stores.[/QU

EVERYONE SHOULD SUE & REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

dude44 in Jacksonville, Florida

66 months ago

POFF in Woodbridge, Virginia said: I TOLD HER I WAS GOING TO SUE THE COMPANY & LEFT VERY PISSED OFF.
I PLAN TO SUE & NOTIFY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OF THIS BS.

Not that i endorse Sears in any way (i hate them too) but, sometimes you have to know about the ins and outs of how businesses work. In the future, look at it from the perspective of whatever company you purchased from. Sears is a RETAILER not a MANUFACTURER. They simply purchased your fridge from whatever company built it and then resold it to you. They DO NOT warranty it. They only offer a "return policy" for usually 30-90 days. You have a manufacturer warranty thus, that company is responsible. However, manufacturer warranties are very limited and typically cover DEFECTS ONLY. They certainly dont cover food loss and most dont cover replacement... They will keep fixing it and fixing it until your warranty runs out. This is why retailers offer extended warranties.. because they cover more and you have someone locally to hold responsible.

You could have had your fridge serviced anywhere while its covered by a manufacturer warranty, you chose to call sears service (not surprising because its convenient to call the same company). Again, they simply order the parts from the manufacturer and perform the labor, then submit a request to the manufacturer for reimbursement under the warranty period.

If they go above and beyond and accept a return for something the manufacturer should cover, they lose money. They will send paid workers and a fueled truck to your house to pick it up, then take it to a clearance center to fix it, and finally, reduce the price by 50%+ to try and resell it. This process can cost the company thousands and through no fault of there's. The manufacturer built you a defective product. Sorry life sux. Id say next time call a different repair shop and then try to blame them, they will laugh. Or factor in a premium warranty in your budget to avoid this problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Pissed in Oakland, California said: I would love to report Sears to a state department. Any one know who we could report them to?

CONSUMER LAW ATTORNEY & THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

dude44 in Jacksonville, Florida said: Not that i endorse Sears in any way (i hate them too) but, sometimes you have to know about the ins and outs of how businesses work. In the future, look at it from the perspective of whatever company you purchased from. Sears is a RETAILER not a MANUFACTURER. They simply purchased your fridge from whatever company built it and then resold it to you. They DO NOT warranty it. They only offer a "return policy" for usually 30-90 days. You have a manufacturer warranty thus, that company is responsible. However, manufacturer warranties are very limited and typically cover DEFECTS ONLY. They certainly dont cover food loss and most dont cover replacement... They will keep fixing it and fixing it until your warranty runs out. This is why retailers offer extended warranties.. because they cover more and you have someone locally to hold responsible.

You could have had your fridge serviced anywhere while its covered by a manufacturer warranty, you chose to call sears service (not surprising because its convenient to call the same company). Again, they simply order the parts from the manufacturer and perform the labor, then submit a request to the manufacturer for reimbursement under the warranty period.

If they go above and beyond and accept a return for something the manufacturer should cover, they lose money. They will send paid workers and a fueled truck to your house to pick it up, then take it to a clearance center to fix it, and finally, reduce the price by 50%+ to try and resell it. This process can cost the company thousands and through no fault of there's. The manufacturer built you a defective product. Sorry life sux. Id say next time call a different repair shop and then try to blame them, they will laugh. Or factor in a premium warranty in your budget to avoid this problem.

IF SEAR'S ISN'T GOING TO BACK UP THE PRODUCTS THEY ARE SELLING, THEN MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T SELL THESE TYPES OF PRODUCTS. CONSUMER LAW!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dude44 in Jacksonville, Florida

66 months ago

POFF in Woodbridge, Virginia said: IF SEAR'S ISN'T GOING TO BACK UP THE PRODUCTS THEY ARE SELLING, THEN MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T SELL THESE TYPES OF PRODUCTS. CONSUMER LAW!!

You're missing the point. They will back up the product if you buy a warranty from them. Otherwise, they are just a middle man. Sears PAID warranty covers food loss [i checked]... whirlpool, ge, bosch, and lg's FREE warranty doesnt. It seems you want something for nothing.

Its similiar to you wanting free tires and oil changes for your car from FORD (its just not covered). But, dont go to the dealer and complain, because they'll probably say that they offered you a premium warranty at the point of sale, and you declined.

Your complaint should be towards the manufacturer and what their FREE warranty covers and doesn't cover. Report them to the BBB if you are dissatisfied or just boycott that brand name and dont buy it again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

I HAVE PURCHASED 2 REFRIGERATORS & 1 FREEZER FROM SEARS WITHOUT THE EXTRA WARRANTY'S ON ANY OF THEM & HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM. ALL I WANTED FROM SEARS IN THE 1ST PLACE WAS MY MONEY BACK FOR THE REFRIGERATOR SO I COULD PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE. BUT THEY KEPT GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND. I JUST PURCHASED THE REFRIGERATOR LAST YEAR IN JULY. MANY OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME COMPLAINTS WITH HOW SEARS TREATS THEM. THEY HAVE PISSED ME OFF TO THE POINT WHERE I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR THE GROCERIES ALSO. I DO HAVE A FAMILY TO FEED ON A LIMITED BUDGET. SEARS SHOULD DEAL WITH THE MANUFACTURER, NOT ME!! I DIDN'T PURCHASE IT FROM THE MANUFACTURER. IF I HAD, I WOULD DEALING WITH THEM THEN INSTEAD OF SEARS. I HAVE LOST APPROX. $800.00 IN GROCERIES & THE REFRIGERATOR COST ME A LITTLE OVER $800.00. THE PARTS THEY REPLACED SO FAR ON THE REFRIGERATOR COST APPROX. $500.00. IF YOU WERE IN MY SITUATION YOU WOULD BE UPSET ALSO, ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO EXPENSIVE TO EAT OUT EVERY MEAL(PLUS GAS), WHICH IS SOMETHING I DID NOT EVEN ASK OF THEM TO REPAY ME FOR!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

R.Bersey

25 months ago

Please take the time and understand the customer has trusted the store they shop at, that said, the store should always respect that the customerr has chosen to spend thier hard earnded money in thier store. Sears or or any store should always go to bat for the customer by contacting the factory rep and resolve the issue. I currently am represting a sears customer who ihas an issue with sears not wanting to resolve . It is clearly a defact in the product . Yet they want him to pay for milage used

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

khangharib@gmail,com in Nashville, Tennessee

24 months ago

I don't understand why they ship all the equipment for repaired in Chattanooga, TN
I live in Memphis and I have Mower, edger, weed cuter, chainsaw, Vacuums, dryer, washer and Etc. that I bought from sears and have service maintenance agreement on most of my appliances. For over 15 years I use to take my equipment for repaired on Whiten Road and Broad way in Memphis, TN. for repaired. Service was great and any time I drop or pick up my equipment, I would shop something there as well. This is crazy. Memphis is a big city and need to have a shop for all sears appliances and equipment. Recently, I drop my edger for repaired and they return it to me three times with same problem. This type of service make you wonder if sears going to last and stay in business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.