Sears Pension Plan

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Irishmist in Hampton, New Hampshire

54 months ago

If you have worked for sears like I did for 27 years. And now want to get you pension good luck, my recent experience with them has been terrible. I went to the web site and filled out all the information needed to draw on my pension, and then told to call. I did call and had to wait for 21 messages of "You will be next in line in 93 minutes, then 45 minutes then back up to 67 minutes and this went on for 21 times. Then the young man I reached was quite nice and helpful and we completed our information exchange and was told I would have a check starting on Mar. 1st. Well that came and went and called to see what happened and call back on Thurs or Fri. we are experiencing a high traffic volume. Then in the mail comes paper work for me to fill out and the check would start on April 1st. Then received a packed in the mail and I had filled out a paper incorrectly, yet if you look at the form they are the ones what put it together incorrectly. However, once again I sent it out hoping for May 1st. to receive the check. Well that never happened and to the writing of this comment STILL HAVE NOT TALKED to anyone. I just called again today Monday at 11:30 a.m. EST., and received the same message as each and every day I have tried to call there. I have tried to get the name of the chairman of the pension plant to no avail. I am angry and flustrated to think this could take that long and hope to hear of someone else this has happened to also. Perhaps the pension fund is not being funded what a Horrible thought. Okay now that I have vented my flustrations I feel better, and pehaps there is someone out there that can help with information on how to get around that silly message. Maybe they do not want to pay anything out of the pension. And to top it off I have sent everything over night mail and register receipt because I do not trust them now. Isn't this ashame to feel like this for a Co. you work so long for. Mmmmmm hope it does not happen to anyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

murphy in Lutz, Florida

49 months ago

You should call a labor lawyer for guidance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Irishmist in Hampton, New Hampshire

48 months ago

Dear Murphy in Lutz: Thank you so very much for your help. I have since received my pension after many phone calls and Certified Mail and etc. plus also a written letter to the CEO. I must admit I was angry over the time frame and lack of a human to talk to in reference to the pension. I just hope that something good will come from all of this and that they (Sears - Kmart) will know how to handle this and correct it. Again my sincere Thanks for you help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

RIVASK1 in Washington

9 months ago

Thay said there is no penson for kathy rivas and i went kathy Guerrero i wirked there for 12 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.