You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Frank Bard in Presque Isle, Maine

88 months ago

I wound never work for sears cuzz the managers suck and do not treat people far

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (150) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

Shan in Dayton, Ohio

88 months ago

Maybe they dont treat you fair, because you can't spell? That could be a reason why Frank.

Shannon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (103) Reply - Report abuse

Lorne in Round Lake, Illinois

88 months ago

Shan said: Maybe they dont treat you fair, because you can't spell? That could be a reason why Frank.
Shannon

No, he's right - even if he can't speelllll. Worst interview experience and follow up I have ever encountered from a company.
Like Rainman said, "Kmart Sucks".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Stacy

88 months ago

I applied for this position and I even scheduled my own interview and when I called to confirm the receptionist put her hand over the phone and I could hear her talking to the HR manager. She then came back to the phone to say she was out of the office and the HR manager would call to reschedule. What a bunch of crap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (82) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Zorro in Marinette, Wisconsin

87 months ago

Alright,maybe they do suck; but I've had managers treat me near, and they suck too!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Zorro said: Alright,maybe they do suck; but I've had managers treat me near, and they suck too!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

What I meant to say was:

Alright, maybe they do suck; but I've had managers not treat me near, and they sucked too!!

(Is it still funny?)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Etobicoke, Ontario

87 months ago

As A sears employee for about 3 years now, i do, from experience have the right and the knowledge to say Sears Management sucks!! And i mean these, i have never been talked down too so much in my life, and been treated with such a low level of respect for human beings i have ever witnessed. They treat employees, who have been there for 20+ years as dispensable .its ridiculous, these people devote so much time to sears and get nothing in return. Not only that , but sears emphasis’s this" a good place to shop , grow and invest" may i say....my ass .to shop...yes a little...all u have to do is ask for a manager and u got it, while the employee, who has been standing up for the sears policy for the last 15 min, is left standing, looking like a idiot, cause the manager went against the policy to please. as for grow....lol.....the only way to grow in sears is to know somebody and kiss ass....if u have skills it don’t matter , experience...don’t care...ur dad works in head office!....your hired. Its said. And lastly invest......lol.....need i say more. Over all, those who are defending sears are u insane!!! Please excuse the spelling, I am upset.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (155) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Bunny

87 months ago

I agree!!! I've worked there a few years and nothing changes........we have 1 good manager and the rest treat everyone like crap....they change the policies to suit themselves to look like the good guys while the cashier has to take all of the abuse. They spend all there time writing people up (including each other)and sitting in the office...plus nothing ever gets replaced or fixed in the store...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (108) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MajiK in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

yep, SEARS does suck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

ANNONIMOUS in San Diego, California

86 months ago

I worked for SEARS In home electronics...For 5 years/ THIER IS SO MUCH CORRUPTION @ THE EL CAJON CA. BRANCH ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY....DISTRICT MANAGER [Name Removed] WAS SLEEPING WITH [Name Removed]... THEY ARE TO CHEAP TO GIVE OUT A COMMISSION STATEMENT TO VERIFY THAT U GOT PAID FOR YOUR SALE..THEY ARE IN 5 LAWSUITS FOR NOT PAYING TECHS DRIVE TIME/ WHEN WILL A REPUTABLE LAW FIRM STEP IN AND STOP SUCH LAWLESSNESS?LETS SUE FOR 900 MILLION.. I PRAY TO GOD WE X & CURRENT EMPLOYEES GET JUSTICE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Fritz in Byesville, Ohio

86 months ago

Anonymous said: As A sears employee for about 3 years now, i do, from experience have the right and the knowledge to say Sears Management sucks!! And i mean these, i have never been talked down too so much in my life, and been treated with such a low level of respect for human beings i have ever witnessed. They treat employees, who have been there for 20+ years as dispensable .its ridiculous, these people devote so much time to sears and get nothing in return. Not only that , but sears emphasis’s this" a good place to shop , grow and invest" may i say....my *** .to shop...yes a little...all u have to do is ask for a manager and u got it, while the employee, who has been standing up for the sears policy for the last 15 min, is left standing, looking like a idiot, cause the manager went against the policy to please. as for grow....lol.....the only way to grow in sears is to know somebody and kiss ***....if u have skills it don’t matter , experience...don’t care...ur dad works in head office!....your hired. Its said. And lastly invest......lol.....need i say more. Over all, those who are defending sears are u insane!!! Please excuse the spelling, I am upset.
Life sucks, move away if you dont like it and quit crying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (87) Reply - Report abuse

Eric

86 months ago

I work for Sears, and in today's paycheck they took $200 extra out of my paycheck for two different insurances. They said they need the next 4 days to "research" the issue before paying me the money they owe me.

I would just like to say that I'd rather die homeless and starving than spend another day working such inept people. I honestly hope the entire company goes down, and that the people in charge never find employment again. Sears is nothing but heartless, soulless, incompetent pieces of trash who I wouldn't save from a burning building if I was fireproof.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (92) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Former Sears Employee in Elmhurst, Illinois

86 months ago

I worked at Hoffman Estates (Headquarters) for nearly five years. During that time I experienced both good and bad managers. Bad managers were not made to account for their poor management skills and good managers were not rewarded for the extra effort they put in. Sears has very little loyalty to employees but expects a great deal of loyalty from them. Salaries were o.k but not overly generous and benefits were continually cut back in the name of greater return to the shareholders. There is a great deal of upper management treating those below them poorly and it is worse since the K-Mart take over a couple of years ago. If you want to work for a mediocre company that doesn't give a damn about you this is the place to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ghostfish in Raleigh, North Carolina

86 months ago

I worked for Sears in the automoptive dept. in Raleigh, NC in 1992 when my wife was pregnant for our son. She had a very difficult pregnancy, and there were times I had to be off to be with her at the Dr. Two weeks before my wife went into labor, which was a month early, my wife was put on bedrest, and her Dr. called and asked me to come pick her up at the office. I told my supervisor, and went to get her. The next day, I was fired. I asked the reason why, and this asswipe writes this note saying I had left hubcaps off of a car I had worked on, (which I didn't), and he told me to sign it for my employee file. I told him to stick it up his ass, and went straight to the employment security commission. When the hearing took place, Sears said nothing about hubcaps, but said there were scheduling conflicts with my wife's illness. The commission not only awarded my unemployment, but actually asked me why I had not brought suit against Sears&Roebuck for wrongful termination. So, in short, I suppose I really do have grounds to say that SEARS SUCKS THE BIG DONKEY ****!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Yes,my good friend Spirit Minnow,
Sears does indeed do that!!!

God Bless You,

ZORRO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Michigan in Midland, Michigan

86 months ago

I actually went to an interview here locally (Bay City) a little over 3 months ago. First of all I was told that they didn't know that they were supposed to intervew me, after I had been called by the company. Next I was told that the postition was not full time as advertised but part time. Then I was told that the person who does the interviews was not in the office that day. Finally I was told that the postion was filled. I drove 20 miles for that interview! I will not interview with them again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

matt in Cranston, Rhode Island

86 months ago

i agree with all of your anti-sears sentiments! i have worked at sears for 2 years now and have observed the disturbing management infrastructure (multiple managers, assistant managers and floor supervisors, all with similar responsibilities and all on the sales floor at the same time), questionable "customers are always right" policies, and ever-dwindling commisions on our products(which seem to be faulty or damaged atleast half the time) and the damned protection aggreements which we are coerced into selling by regional management so they can recieve an extra check by the end of the month, which we'll never see a penny of! I'm putting in my 2-weeks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Hoffman in Schaumburg, Illinois

86 months ago

I guess I can address the “Sears sucks” issue because I worked their field and corporate offices for over 25 years when I got the ax after I turned 50. My retirement plans quickly changed, especially when Sears took away the medical benefits for retirees shortly after they sent me packing. Did I mention yet about how they also withdrew my stock options, costing tens of thousands of dollars. If you’re interested in starting there, be aware that benefits seem to change often, and never for the good of the employees. (Their stock option program and pension no longer exist, but they do offer a 401k plan.)

In regards to their poor managers, yes they have some, and so does every company. I believe many of the remaining middle level managers are still decent at heart, but they live in constant fear of losing their jobs, and thus do stupid things. I think the problem began when [names removed] were in charge together and put unreasonable expectations on their management. Since crap flows downward, you know where it ended up.

All I can say is: Sears used to be a great place to work with a friendly atmosphere and decent pay. I'm not saying you shouldn't work at Sears, but be careful about the department you’re applying to and what their expectations are. Who knows, maybe you'll be the person to right that ship and make things better so there are no more "Sears Sucks" comments. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Loss Prevention manager

85 months ago

Sears does not like old people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

child of God in Port Huron, Michigan

85 months ago

Re: d&m in Rhode Island,
Although I have no affiliation with your job at Sears, I would like to express my saddness for your horrible work experience. I was considering a position with their company, however, I have wisely chose otherwise. I have been in supervisory jobs and have been told that people like to work for me because "I know how to treat people". I firmly believe in treating people in a respectful, dignified manner. Too bad Sears can't figure out that happy employees are more productive and have less time off work. Once again, I feel for you and I will pray for you that you don't take their nagativities to heart. Their words are only words not legitimate descriptions of your person. Good luck iin your future. I pray that God blesses you with a different job that you may be treated better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

85 months ago

This topic is now locked. No more comments are allowed. Please help us maintain a professional environment on these forums. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (176) Reply - Report abuse