Sears application, locked out

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Chris in Escondido, California

62 months ago

Hi. I'm trying to apply to Sears and either I applied before I moved five months ago or there is seriously something wrong. When I tried to apply the system told me my zip code was invalid until I put in the one from my old address and then when I put in that one I was told my goals and values didn't meet Sears standards and didn't get a chance to even see the application.

So how do I fix this? Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before I can apply again? Do I need to contact someone about what's going on? Has this happened to anyone else at all? Please let me know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jank in Concord, California

62 months ago

I've applied last friday and they called me for an interview on saturday. When I answered their survey, all my answers were 'highly agree or disagree'. I think that is the secret. My interview is tomorrow morning. I'm not very happy with all the bad reviews my reading here. I hope everything goes ok because I really need a job now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dstetz in Cleveland, Ohio

62 months ago

The secret is to smile. If you really need this job and i dont know what position your applying for be prepared for very little training and very demanding effort. I worked for sears for 15 years. I put everthing i had into the job and was never praised or recognized for my efforts. If this is for money you will not make much for your effort. I know with the economy the way it is we are almost forced to accept anything. GODBLESS YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

madmatt2024 in Dolgeville, New York

61 months ago

Chris, I have the same problem. I applied over 6 months ago to Sears online before I knew what answers they wanted to hear on these stupid personality tests, it locked me out. Now, 8 months later I am still locked out of there application system. I haven't tried to apply at Kiosk in the store yet but I assume it is the same system. I found a corporate contact email and voiced my concerns to them. They gave me a number to their HR department and told me to contact them. I haven't called it yet but you can. It won't let me post a phone number so I had to spell it out. Let me know how it turns out. Its one-eight eight eight-eight eight seven-three two seven seven

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

So I had my interview (with 2 different people) and they offered me the job. I went for the drug test and I'm still waiting for their call. It has been 11 days and I'm a little bit concerned. I would like to know if anyone here had the same experience. How long it take to receive that call to go to orientation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria99 in Evansville, Indiana

60 months ago

Unless your are dating someone in a store or related to someone there - they probably won't call you right now. Management is only hiring relatives because of the economy (or boyfriends or girlfriends). They tend to like very young applicants - who are thin - and whose parents earn alot of money. Your personal credit score is important (or your families) because they want applicants who can spend their paychecks in the store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eyecue in Colorado

59 months ago

My teen son worked at a kmart. (they are the same holding company.) He resigned and when management changed hands some of the employees asked him to come back. He went to the website and tried to reapply and got an automatic response that says they terminated him and he is not eligigible to apply. If you call the phone for HR at Sears, it is in INDIA. That pisses me off. They wont transfer you to the USA because as perhaps it was mistated that they have to if you request it. I called Sears corporate and was told that India has exclusive rights in this area and there is nothing that corporate can or will do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

jank in Concord, California said: So I had my interview (with 2 different people) and they offered me the job. I went for the drug test and I'm still waiting for their call. It has been 11 days and I'm a little bit concerned. I would like to know if anyone here had the same experience. How long it take to receive that call to go to orientation?

I got the job 3 months ago and the seasonal position turned into a permanent job. The hours are not great, but at least give a chance to leave the house and interact with people. I'm still looking for another job though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mandy_Washington in Stockton, California

30 months ago

jank in Concord, California said: I got the job 3 months ago and the seasonal position turned into a permanent job. The hours are not great, but at least give a chance to leave the house and interact with people. I'm still looking for another job though.

I recently got hired at sears they said they will contact me for orientation but its been 12 days. How long did it take them to contact you ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.