Sears doesnt care about their employees

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Rod in Bay Shore, New York

78 months ago

Ive been working at Sears Hardware and Appliances in n.bablyon for about 2 years. when I first started there, everything was fine. after 6 months I was named employee of the month for the entire corporation. After my store manager was replaced by this a-hole, things started to go down hill. my store began to decline in sales and customer service reviews. I was then targeted for discrimination. when my manager of my dept quit, I asked to take his position as manager, i was promised the position and was trained to take over the managers duties. It has been a year now and im doing the managers duties of my dept, with part time pay, on top of that they keep cutting my hours shorter and shorter. there was a new employee who was designated to my dept and his first two weeks he had already made more hours then myself. i knew for a fact they was going to offer him the managers position but because of his background check, he was let go after two weeks of working there, do you think they would give me those hours, not. they cut it more. now im working part time hours but am working like a manager, doing managers duties. everytime i ask for a promotion or for just more hours, i am always turned down, saying "theres no more hours to give". for the past few months, it seems like most of the employess who are getting fired are of ethnic descent. now there is a new assistant manager who is white and she is worst then my store manager. i tried to call the human resources dept, but im always directed to another type of dept. now my entire store is ready to walk out including myself. how do i solve this problem without quitting, although im being treated in this way, i still enjoy working there.. the other employees are good and we all get along like a family. I am tired of being responsible for the store's decline when it is not my nor the other employees fault. how could we make the store look bad when where always understaffed, dont have enough hours to complete tasks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chrisc3528 in metairie, Louisiana

78 months ago

I have also worked for K-Mart as an L.P. for about one year. The managers really do not care for anyone but themself. p.s jay and scott

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I hope you all do your homework. k-mart is not the place to work. Go back to school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

k-mart 4810 is bs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.