Sears is run by....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Tryand Findme in Schumnigity, New York

80 months ago

I haven't been paid in almost 4 weeks due to the fact that, after starting commission pay in electronics, I get a check for 65 training hours instead of 65 commission hours. This cheated me out of about 200 dollars, and the retarded managers have yet to fix it. It's all, "oh, talk to X, he'll be in tomarrow" and then the next day it's "talk to Y, she'll be here on tuesday". The day after tomarrow will be a new payday, and I still haven't got paid for the one two weeks ago, which has in turn caused me to nearly reach my credit card limit ><

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jade Albert in Lafayette, Louisiana

80 months ago

Sears is ran by persons who is concern that their hedge fund is going to make an extra .25 on the stock market. That is why they do not release monthly sales numbers because they are in the negative each and every month. They do not care about their employees. Lafayette, Louisiana #1347 stay away. No work ethics and the store manager just sits it his office awaiting retirement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Candy in Chattanooga, Tennessee

79 months ago

Do a good job and they will cut your pay ... this is true ... I have had my pay cut twice in a year ... I am now making $4 an hour ... sound impossible? ... They have found a way around the minimum pay law ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PissedIndefinitely

79 months ago

similar thing for stockroomies. they don't cut our pay, but they sure don't pay us as much as they should be (starting is $7/hr at sears while other places here pay at least $9 - i've checked around).

anyway some guy who started back in '05 (who by the way doesn't do anything other than hang around our lead and follow him around) got a 21 cent raise when his 1-year came round. when mine came in '07, i got only 14 cents for my troubles as well as everyone else that got a year under their belt. and busted my tail for them that whole year too.

7 cent difference maybe but it's the principle of the thing. when i asked HR why, she had me ask our lead, who would tell me to talk to HR again. screw it.

moral of the issue? make friends with the lead. when that doesn't work, do what i do and start slacking off more. no sense doing a good job and getting paid less than the brown-noser does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pissed in Oakland, California

79 months ago

I have been waiting 4 hours for a tech to service my dishwasher. My scheduled appointment was between 8 am and 12 noon, at 12:20 the tech calls and says he will be late and will arrive around 2pm. I called the excutive manager who didn't care at all and asked" what do you want to accomplish from this call"? My reply was "I want a tech here as promised". Her reply was a tech will arrive at 2pm.
Any body know who to report this bad behavior to. I would also like to remind Sears that without customers they have no business.

I agree with the comments I've read on this forum stating Sears does not care about their employees. The "excutive manager" made that very clear by the way she spoke to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

crystal torres in Midland, Texas

79 months ago

who can i contact in getting my W-2 from kmart

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nikki B in Ohio

79 months ago

I would call the ethics hotline and try to see what they can accomplish. After that, I'd report this to your state's department of wages and labor.

Integrity, Ethics and Compliance contact info:

compliance@searshc.com

1-800-8ASSIST

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flores in El Paso, Texas

75 months ago

IT'S SO SAD THAT THEIR IS ALOT OF INCOMPEDENT MANAGERS THAT DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEIR COMING OR GOING!!!!! SEARS IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK. WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IS TO GET REED OF THE OLD AND START WITH A NEW!!! STRADEGY IS NUMBER ONE. HONESTY IS NUMBER TWO. CARE VALUE IS NUMBER THREE!!!! BECAUSE U CAN FEEL THE HOSTILE ENVIROMENT!!!!
LP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

fenixxishot in Austin, Texas

75 months ago

well to the above have you seen sears new strategy lately. I work at 1357 in Austin and were are a model store not by choice believe me we were chosen to do this new complete remodel of the store not single crack gets left out. I just finished up 10 days of 12 hours shifts and not a single thank you. Every associate was pretty much instructed to say FU mister customer I am busy cleaning. I don't even want to look at how much money we lost these last two weeks. OH ask your manager what operation spring cleaning is if you haven't started yet you will shortly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

F-Bomb in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

fenixxishot in Austin, Texas said: well to the above have you seen sears new strategy lately. I work at 1357 in Austin and were are a model store not by choice believe me we were chosen to do this new complete remodel of the store not single crack gets left out. I just finished up 10 days of 12 hours shifts and not a single thank you. Every associate was pretty much instructed to say FU mister customer I am busy cleaning. I don't even want to look at how much money we lost these last two weeks. OH ask your manager what operation spring cleaning is if you haven't started yet you will shortly.

Why don't you quit if you are so unhappy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shadyness187 in Erie, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

This operation spring cleaning is bulls*it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

shadyness187 in Erie, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Basically they want up tp scrubb the whole store down with a tooth brush. They had a model store in our district, i had to travel to ohio 5 times and work 12 hr shifts, they did pay MITT. But now corporate said that commission associates are not allowed to be paid MITT. If they think im cleaning my damn store for $6/hr they are sadly mistaking. I'm not loosing out on money from sales because i have to clean. Everyone at our store and some of the other associates in our district think they are gonna end up selling off. I've never heard of any other dept store cleaning the way Sears is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

F-Bomb in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

Wow, that is really bad. It sounds like they are really taking advantage of you all. Most resepctable businesses would hire a cleaning crew to come in and do that kind of work.

You should definitley start looking for other opportunities . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Johnny Doe in Cary, North Carolina

73 months ago

"Bright and Clean Stores" is a corporate initiative to get (eventually) ALL Sears units on the same baseline of having stores properly and well merchandised, and yes, clean. As in, bathrooms that don't scare you. Ceiling tiles that aren't busted. Paint that isn't chipping. Carpet that isn't molding. Shelving that isn't covered in tape residue. Fixtures that are easy to shop. You get the idea.

A lot of stores are in malls that are 30+ years old now, plus a lot of stores have had incompetent staff at one point that probably threw them off the baseline of what a productive store should look like.

I for one think that the initiative is an excellent idea. Its the same idea as, oh, I don't know, keeping your desk clean and organized. Simple, but if not done, can be a mess. Likewise, a messy store with unorganized stock, inconsistent pricing, and facilities in shambles does not make one want to shop.

And to the original poster, since this got off topic, contact your HR Rep. or 88 Sears immediately and your problem will no longer be a problem.

fenixxishot in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

To F-Bomb I am leaving. To Rob Roberts, most of the associates that Sears is trying to force work 12 hour shifts are commission associates who get paid little if anything hourly and would probably make more money at family dollar. So maybe if sears wants commission associates who only make money by selling their merchandise to clean maybe sears should pay the commission associates hourly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

marie0127 in Muenster, Texas

23 months ago

I don't understand how Sears manages to stay in business! What a bunch of incompetent morons! I applied for a position and was called for an interview. When I arrived I was told the position had been filled. HOW INCONSIDERATE and UNETHICAL The HR manager, ALLISON BREWER, who set up my interview, hired someone BEFORE even completing the interviews and then didn't even bother to call me to cancel the appointment! I complained to the store manager, Sheila, she didn't seem to care. I sent an email complaint to Sears and Corey G. replied and gave me the WRONG NUMBER to call HR (it was DIET.COM). I found the right number and called. I talked to a lady in INDIA who didn't understand English. I finally got her to switch me to someone else and he gave me a phone number for Corey G. I called that number and it was for customer support for orders, they didn't know Corey G. So I then called the local Sear and asked for SHeila's district manager, turns out she is the district manager so they transferred me to corporate offices. They then transferred me back to HR in India but again it went to DIET.COM, so I called corporate again and this time I was given the number for ethics, only it was also the wrong number - it was the number for IT. I found the Ethics number online and called and filedS my complaint. I have no ide what they will do about Allison's unethical behavior, I seriously doubt that anything will come of it because they don't seem to care, they can't even give out correct phone numbers. What a bunch of incompetent morons!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.