Watch what you say

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

LPS in Moreno Valley, California

98 months ago

Recently two friends of mine found themselves in trouble (one was fired) for what they posted on a website (not this one) its clear Sears adn other companies have so much money they can pay persons to troll websites. Use caution when posting try not to give too much person info that they can figure who you are. Lastly trust NO ONE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

98 months ago

This website in particular comes up at the top of search results. This is why we ask that personal info not be posted or exchanged in the forums. What you post here is very easily found! Take care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

LPS in Moreno Valley, California

98 months ago

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas said: This website in particular comes up at the top of search results. This is why we ask that personal info not be posted or exchanged in the forums. What you post here is very easily found!
Take care!

In the cese(s) mentione dit was not this site but a Loss Prevention site who actually contacted the retailer and gave the personal info. then the "higher ups" went to site and used what they saw againist these two (two different companies)Its sad tha tone cannot express their opinions without it consting them their job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Camera Shy in Tampa, Florida

98 months ago

All forum can get you into major trouble. I once posted what I knew to be true about a company and many others also commented on the same thing. All of us received a certified letter from an attorney for that company stating that if we ever say anything negative about that company either or the web or in person to others, they will sue us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee

96 months ago

If you are a Sears Holdings associate (from the cashiers to the big boys and girls at Hoffman) you signed a "Non-Disclosure Agreement" with the company.... violating that is all that is required for termination. And if you truly MUST b!tch about the place that you have every right to NOT work at, then for crying out loud people .... don't use your real names and locations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jim in Hopkinsville, Kentucky

96 months ago

LPS in Moreno Valley, California said: Recently two friends of mine found themselves in trouble (one was fired) for what they posted on a website (not this one) its clear Sears adn other companies have so much money they can pay persons to troll websites. Use caution when posting try not to give too much person info that they can figure who you are. Lastly trust NO ONE!

sears, at least the one in clarksville tn, is a bad company and the managers are not honest. they do not like older people and get rid on them as soon as the seasonal rush is over. they forced me to quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jim in Hopkinsville, Kentucky

96 months ago

Anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee said: If you are a Sears Holdings associate (from the cashiers to the big boys and girls at Hoffman) you signed a "Non-Disclosure Agreement" with the company.... violating that is all that is required for termination. And if you truly MUST b!tch about the place that you have every right to NOT work at, then for crying out loud people .... don't use your real names and locations.

what are you talking about please? sears is an awful company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mistreated

95 months ago

I don't think Sears actively "pays people" to troll websites looking for negative publicity. I think someone stumbled upon it, found out it was them, and reported it. I have no idea what was said but if it was over the top about how much they hate Sears and or gave specific information that was confidential, I can see how and why a termination would warrant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carpathia in Huntsville, Alabama

94 months ago

Sears is a horrible company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nunia Bidness in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

86 months ago

i absolutely hate working for sears. the managers are kind to me and everything but its just the fact that you work so hard for crap pay and crap hours. we are told that if you get more credit applications... you get more hours. thats not right. the people who get NO appls get 40 hours a week while i had A TON of apps and i get less then 20?! im a full time associate!! also, they schedule you WAY outside of your hours of availability. Mine are from 1-11 during the week and i get scheduled at 945 or 1030 am!! im a student!!! i cant work those hours!!! like i said. the managers are kind and i love my coworkers. but very unprofessional about actually following through with promises and hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

tlmelvin in Miamisburg/Dayton, Ohio

79 months ago

I start orientation tomorrow.

You all have made me so...scared...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ex of a Sears Scammer in Washington, Michigan

79 months ago

Some people deserve to get busted such as those scamming hours and scamming company property.(how do you work 40 hours a week working from 9:30am to 2:00pm with most Fridays off? ) Is it really possible to buy several $800 to $2000 tv's for $50 to $100 each? Or to buy any tool or video camera you want for personal reasons and charge it to Sears? There are checks and balances and those who are doing wrong will be caught if not by their own admissions but by those that are sick of watching them scam and get away with it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

murphy in Lutz, Florida

56 months ago

Nunia Bidness in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: i absolutely hate working for sears. the managers are kind to me and everything but its just the fact that you work so hard for crap pay and crap hours. we are told that if you get more credit applications... you get more hours. thats not right. the people who get NO appls get 40 hours a week while i had A TON of apps and i get less then 20?! im a full time associate!! also, they schedule you WAY outside of your hours of availability. Mine are from 1-11 during the week and i get scheduled at 945 or 1030 am!! im a student!!! i cant work those hours!!! like i said. the managers are kind and i love my coworkers. but very unprofessional about actually following through with promises and hours.

If you're full time advantage you should be entitled to at least 32 hrs. per week. if F/T regular you get 40 hrs. maybe a lawyer can get you the difference they owe you. Call a labor lawyer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sexyface in Gretna, Louisiana

55 months ago

jim in Hopkinsville, Kentucky said: sears, at least the one in clarksville tn, is a bad company and the managers are not honest. they do not like older people and get rid on them as soon as the seasonal rush is over. they forced me to quit.

I have a interview with them monday and I need some help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.