What do MCA's do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

kel123 in Garden Grove, California

23 months ago

Got the position and waiting for call for orientation. I understand the main job is to restock the shelves, change marketing plans, markdowns, and assisting customers.

Do MCA also work the register?
Try to push credit apps and reward programs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Physcinacians in Kansas City, Kansas

23 months ago

kel123 in Garden Grove, California said: Got the position and waiting for call for orientation. I understand the main job is to restock the shelves, change marketing plans, markdowns, and assisting customers.

Do MCA also work the register?
Try to push credit apps and reward programs?

MCA's work register, they fold clothes, stock items,cover for other employees in certain departments, and yes they occasionally unload the trucks when necessary. You will also cover breaks and get prices, products, etc. for cashiers. I don't know if they had a quota for credit apps, and last time i heard they had a quota of store 2 home and reward member sign ups.

Store 2 home is basically ordering an item for your customer in store. you get a commission on products that sears carries and sells not for the third party items. A helpful tip is when your out of stock for a particular item and you look in the back and it isn't there you offer a "store 2 home" before calling stores. If they bring up "can you call another store" thats when you call (if you want extra money).

This position is a "jack of all trades" position and you will be tired after a long day of work. Typically they work full 8 hour days (part time) you may average around 25-32 or even 40 hours. They typically get the most hours out of everyone.
You'll also have times when you have to work graveyard its actually pretty neat working at the store when its closed

hope that helps!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.