I hate sears

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 242 of 242)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

Mike in Cleveland, Ohio

33 months ago

Just an FYI, Sears uses a social media website called peeble, roughly 5 months ago it was revealed that the CEO literally created a fake screen name on the site and would argue with workers on the site that had issues with Sears. I wish this was a joke, look it up on google as there's quite a few stories about the ordeal. Long story short, I got the feeling Tams is probably a higher up Sears employee that's just trolling people on this site, as most normal people would likely not devote the amount of time he/she has into defending Sears when most employees agree it's a horrible work environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TrysomeJustice in Sunbury, Ohio

33 months ago

If you google "Sears closing" you will see that just in the last few days (since the new year)- there are at least 10 news articles listed in different towns where different Sears are closing (it was just announced to the employees). Sears is slowly and quietly closing their doors. They are trying to do it without a huge amount of media attention.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tams104 in Hixson, Tennessee

33 months ago

I do not work for the company anymore, and ya'll are really paranoid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Done with Sears in Delaware

33 months ago

tams104 in Hixson, Tennessee said: I do not work for the company anymore, and ya'll are really paranoid.

I thought you weren't going to waste any more of your time on here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

tams104 in Hixson, Tennessee said: I do not work for the company anymore, and ya'll are really paranoid.

You no longer work for the company? Only a month ago you were still proclaiming that you were a sales associate and cashier and LOVED working there. What happened? Did you finally see the light or did those in power decide you weren't as effective in fooling people as they wished and "cut your hours" so much that you quit? Or did you get fired outright? Did you call the Sears number like you told everyone else to do? And did you find that effective? Or did you call and find that's what cost you your job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

tams104 in Hixson, Tennessee

33 months ago

No matter what happened, it won't change the out come. It is what it is. Everything happens for a reason and this job was a stepping stone to much better things!!! I still liked my bosses even though I didn't agree with their decisions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

dontworryaboutit in San Jose, California

32 months ago

i worked in the lands end department of sears... what a NIGHTMARE. black friday, i was the only one in my department. there are two registers, and it was just me. i had to run back and forth from one part to the next trying to manage everything on my own. they wouldn't let me attend my FINAL for school because it conflicted with black friday weekend. they paid me minimum wage, which is to be expected, but i was constantly working with at least three people at once, i was constantly throwing up from the stress, and when i called in sick because of it i was threatened to not have a job. i couldn't even get up off of my bed, let alone go to work and deal with three people every second. they push the credit cards and thats why i never stayed on after the holidays, i'm not going to sign people up for a credit card that they don't need, and will rape them for all of their money. the managers are always riding your ass, and you cant ever do anything right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

dontworryaboutit in San Jose, California

32 months ago

dontworryaboutit in San Jose, California said: i worked in the lands end department of sears... what a NIGHTMARE. black friday, i was the only one in my department. there are two registers, and it was just me. i had to run back and forth from one part to the next trying to manage everything on my own. they wouldn't let me attend my FINAL for school because it conflicted with black friday weekend. they paid me minimum wage, which is to be expected, but i was constantly working with at least three people at once, i was constantly throwing up from the stress, and when i called in sick because of it i was threatened to not have a job. i couldn't even get up off of my bed, let alone go to work and deal with three people every second. they push the credit cards and thats why i never stayed on after the holidays, i'm not going to sign people up for a credit card that they don't need, and will rape them for all of their money. the managers are always riding your ass, and you cant ever do anything right.

almost forgot, my last day? new years eve, they told me i didn't have a job the last 5 minutes of my shift, but they made sure to tell me to reapply within the next 6 months!...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Berea, Ohio

32 months ago

Tams is likely a shill, I know he/she will respond with "lol y'all are paranoid" but even after they get let go, they hop on this forum to defend the company?

Sears deserves every bit of negative publicity they get. Most of the long time employees I know have all but given up because they know it's only a matter of time before they get laid off, no matter how loyal or hardworking they've been over the years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

dontworryaboutit in San Jose, California said: almost forgot, my last day? new years eve, they told me i didn't have a job the last 5 minutes of my shift, but they made sure to tell me to reapply within the next 6 months!...

Naturally, you will be smart enough to NOT reapply. I'm sure they have you listed as "not re-hirable". As if YOU are the problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

axelrod.nancydawn@*****.*** in York, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

I worked at Kmart for a year.I'm on disability they were told this when I was hired.The hr manger never listened to myself nor my doctor.They kept scheduling me too many hours.I gave them a doctors note every month.Nothing changes I even tried to talk to the store manger the hr manager and her would blame each other.I finally called corporate and the district manager.The store manager got mad at me and said I should trust her.yea right!! Nothing still changed.I called a lawyer that told me to remind them of the ADA American Disability Acct.Shortly after that I was called into the lp office.They stated I did a fraudulent return.Mind you this day I asked to leave early due to server pain.The manager on duty said I could leave but when I went to the door and a man named Adam stopped me.I explained I was in pain.Adam said just write a statement and I could go.I left only to be called by police two days later One I did not do a fraudulent return.I wrote the statement so I could get my pain meds.Adam trapped me literally in the corner.This should be illegal!!I feel they took advantage of me.I lost 3 months of my disability money because they didn't follow my doctors orders.Oh I forgot to mention all my doctor notes were not in my file! How strange is that.when I asked where they were.The manager said lets just start over.When I said I would bring in another doctors note hr said they are not accepting anymore drs notes from me.Well they did not seem to care since no notes where kept anyway.WARNING DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IT WILL BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

lloyd63

32 months ago

thats sears for ya. underhanded , corrupt and just downright ignorant !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

axelrod.nancydawn@*****.*** in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

lloyd63 said: thats sears for ya. underhanded , corrupt and just downright ignorant !

I even called the store due to them owing me transportation money.From there ultimate cashier in New Jersey.mind you I won district.The manager Korynn stated she would take care of it.I guess it's just like how she took care of things in the past.NOT!! THEY ARE USELESS! I'M TOLD THAT THIS MANAGER SLEPT HER WAY TO THE TOP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

A. Marie in Lansing, Michigan

32 months ago

Glad to be working in Kokomo, Indiana said: What a bunch of whiners. Before you complain about being called dumb (which should never happen), some of the posters here should get a refresher on English and grammar. There is a difference between passed and past, there and their, etc. some posts are pretty embarrassing and then they wonder why they are getting minimum wage. After being out of work I am happy to take out the trash if that is what it takes. I am not entitled.

its not about entitlement, its about respect. i can care less if some employees have a 5th grade education, at the end of the day everyone deserve to receive respect and to be acknowledged for their hard work. its sad when you are the lowest paid retail worker but you work the hardest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nelly Rodas in Long Beach, California

31 months ago

After a little over 7 months of working at Sears, I have finally put in my two weeks. As I look back I remember my manager telling me to get credit cards and sign up customers to the rewards program but as time went by the pressure and demands got worse. Not only do we ask customers for credit cards at the register, we have the managers calling every 5 minutes to check how many credits we have, the managers put up 3 bright signs at every register reading, "Ask the cashier how you can save $15 on your purchase today," and they have one cashier walking around the store asking customers to sign up for a Sears credit card WHILE THEY'RE SHOPPING! Can't tell you how annoying it is to have the managers call asking how many credits you have because no matter how good you're doing it's NEVER ENOUGH. Sign up for a credit card with a 25-27% interest rate, the $15 savings you get when you sign up ends up not being worth it. And WTF you cannot shop in peace anymore, Sears shoppers better watch out for the cashier on the floor that will interrupt your shopping to try and bully you into getting a Sears credit card. When I found out that the interest rate was that high I began to feel guilty but getting Credit cards is the most important thing for Sears. It's the reason why they're still in business.The biggest problem with Sears that I haven't heard anyone in this forum mention is old customers. Sears biggest customers are aging. Sears was the place to go back in 1970 but not today. The new generation is shopping online and even though Sears is starting to use iPads & trying to use more technology, they haven't done much to make the new generation WANT to shop at SEARS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Igfksbso in Souderton, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

I worked in LP. A cashier told me in confidence that she would occasionally look for senile or elderly shoppers and ask for their social security number to verify the purchase. Then she would sign them up for Sears credit apps. I told my LP manager and he did not investigate in the least bit. This company sucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

lizilicious in Mullica Hill, New Jersey

27 months ago

I was verbally assaulted by a customer at my store and received no help from my coworkers any of the three times when I called for assistance. I was called a racist, an a**hole, told that I had an attitude problem, and told that I did not know how to do my job. The customer brought me to a point of frustration and I had an outburst where I cursed outloud. I did not curse at the customer or say anything inappropriate to them. I talked to my manager after the altercation with the customer and he said that he was going to let the issue slide. The customer called corporate and had me fired two weeks later. I have no idea what the customer said or if corporate even saw the statement I wrote after the incident. All of this because she wanted 5 dollars off of a cell phone and I needed a manager's approval to do that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

justanotherperson in Montclair, California

27 months ago

My first job ever was Sears, and let me tell you it was horrible. I was hired within the beginning of November, and I had an interview with the lead cashier and manager on a friday. I was hired on the spot, but the HR was too busy talking to some other associate about christmas shopping and she told me, "Oh I'll do this later on, you can go now you'll receive an email within monday" so there I waited for my email that I never received! And I tried calling HR but no one would answer at all. Until finally 2 weeks later my aunt took me to sears and they tell me, "OH! we were wondering what happened to you!" I told her about never receiving an email and she said, "Oh yeah! we've been having an issue with that, I guess that explains the other interviewers who never came in." So I finally go the email, and did the whole drug test and what not. Then a week later she called me in for an orientation that was only going to last 3 hours, and so I went in on a friday and sat down as she signed some papers. Suddenly one of the managers came in and said how much of a mess the floor was and he needed someone out there. So he forced her to put me on the floors, ON MY FIRST DAY. I didn't have any training, no name tag, NOTHING. I was just standing around "fixing" the things and the cashier leader walked by and asked, "Oh! Shopping?" He didn't even know I was working! and I just shook my head and he walked away. then like 2 hours later, they announced my name on the speaker to call HR. Hr told me to go back to her office. SO I did, and there was the cashier leader, shaking his head and told me I was going to stay until 10pm. I was put with a lady with OCD and it was just a horrible experience. I only worked there for a month, because I didn't meet expectations for those credit cards I was told I was doing bad customer service, even though I got 3 100% feedbacks. And they kept telling me the only there because I was hired Late. Worst job ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

G in Springfield, Missouri

26 months ago

i am a cashier for sears have been for a few months and i couldn't say more that it is the worse job i have ever had. I show up for work and forced into giving people positive feedback in the morning meeting even though none of them deserve it. Within 10 minutes of being open my lead comes by and begins to harass me about why i got 0 credit cards and it doesn't matter that i might have 0 sales she will sit there and belittle you till you feel as if you did something wrong. When i need a manager override they will make me wait 5 minutes to almost 10 minutes and when you don't explain the survey they yell at you even if you know that person will give a 0 for having to wait on management, and forbid if you ever get a low score you get pulled into the store managers office to be screamed and yelled at being told your worthless and how they don't know why they keep you on.

You must do the bullying thing on credit cards or they get on to you for that you are required to ask three times with a script and they say customize your script to make it sound like you came up with it and when you do this you get in trouble for not following the script. also if you have to call for assistance make sure you need it if a MCA goes over there and you don't need help or the line vanished they say don't be the cashier we have for calling us when not needed. My credit numbers are terrible and i own this and i am accountable of my short coming but to be babysit every day by a manager and after each transaction they tell you how you messed up and with customers are still there they will belittle you in front of someone and it's sucks. when you do good you never get a good job when you stay late you never get a thank you but if you ask for your break you are the worse person in the world if you don't stay late management wont answer your calls for overrides or they make your life hell. don't work at sears save yourself the pain

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

anna-nicole in Greenfield, Wisconsin

26 months ago

I worked at Sears for a month. After a week, I realized that this wasn't for me. I was hired as an MCA. I am a very hard, dedicated worker. However, I don't like being talk to as if I am a child. I may look younger than my age, but I am over 30 and would like to be treated and talked to as an adult and with respect. Just because you are a lead or manager doesn't give you the right to treat people like kids-when you don't even have any. Then it's too much for one person to run an entire department alone on the weekends and during sales events, then you want to get mad when the department isn't properly recovered. Well either you do it or try hiring more people. To make this worse, the department manager doesn't complain about my work performance and she understand and shows empathy (at least to me) and I am getting at least 35 hours weekly. It's bad and difficult enough for us getting paid 7.25 with all the work responsibilities we have-we do get a thank you for your hardwork at the end of the night. I am tired of closing every night when there are 2-3 of us I that department. Why not split the nights.Hello. I do have kids that I want to spend time with. Most of the workers their are nice, but I am aware of the backstabbers.Glad I don't talk alot, but this the worst job I ever had.
Most of the MCA's complains because of all the work responsibilities and low pay;the cashiers seem content. Good for them! When I took this job,I was honestly looking forward to hardwork that pays off, but I am not working 2 years or more just to be a manager. The work doesn't take 2 years to learn and to add the pay not that much more. Trust me, I have heard of companies with negative work experiences and Sears top number 1 on my list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Solberg in Reno, Nevada

23 months ago

Sears is what you make of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mario in Van Nuys, California

23 months ago

I just started working at sears as mpu.. It isn't that bad of a job I have cool co workers although.. Management is horrible. Apparently they need me from what I was told when hired .. Now they expect mpu to do what other postions do as stocking and processing that does not have anything to do with mpu.My hours are horrible ranging from a miserable 7 hours to 24. I asked for my hours but was told I would be on call. I received my hours only before I asked them for my hours. Long story short. Sears isn't a bad place to work for your first job although you can expect horrible management on pretty much anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chillinlikeavillian in Springfield, Ohio

23 months ago

You wouldn't happen to have worked in Springfield Ohio would ya lol

Mario in Texas

23 months ago

No lol its in california

mt in Quincy, Massachusetts

22 months ago

redihatesears in somewhere, California said: Everything that I am reading about Sears is true! I was a General Manager for Sears, I had a bad car accident and went on a sick leave. After the 12 weeks FMLA was used, they terminated me and cut off my sick pay! I did win the war over the sick leave pay, I am currently getting long term Disability. I talked to a labor lawyer about the temination. They said that they could go to court and "shame" Sears into rehiring me, but they asked why would I want to work for a company like that? They are right, I do not want to work for a company as bad as Sears!! Eddie Lampert wake up!!!

S

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

boxnose in Ann Arbor, Michigan

22 months ago

After reading all these posts....I felt like it was therapy! I could have written many of those myself. bWorse place I have ever worked at...period. The Ann Arbor store is absolutely a mess management wise. They are arrogant, rude, talk down to and berate you. Take all the credit for employee accomplishments and always tell you what you are do wrong, instead of what you do right. My direct manager was constantly late. Calling me to tell me they were having breakfast, lunch or something else....then turn around and tell the general manager something different....I was to get the story straight incase anyone asked, hense the phone call to me first. She would leave for meetings and somehow never came back on time or not at all. Low pay, no raises, no breaks or lunches some weeks (My requests were mostly ignored and if not, was made to feel less than human to even want one), and forget asking to use the restroom! , no compensation for training or overtime...."oh I forgot" was always the response and that was the end of that. When I was hired 3 years ago, I was hopeful this place would be different. Now, after resigning, I have added them to the list of places I have worked at that have left me disappointed, disllusioned, and sad to find out once again, my hard work, honesty, and integrity had absolutely no value to those I worked under. I feel duped again. Just had to vent here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

darnell890 in Detroit, Michigan

18 months ago

The customers and environment are great. I loved working with some of the employees at the Roseville store at Macomb mall. The problem is the managers treat the employees like they are servants, they yell at the employees, who allow it, they are rude, condesending, confrontational, and they will fire you if you do not get enough customers to apply for credit cards. Although, more than 75% of the customers already have credit cards. Finding a job is stressful enough, working and giving it your all should not be rewarded with more stress. They are selective with who they treat with dignity and respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

tequilarose1245 in Old Forge, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

i agree sear logistics sucks they are nothing but liers and back stabbers!!!!!! i was fired to day because i was 20 minutes late due to the fact i drove from new york stat to pa from hospital where my mother is for cancer!!!!!YOU ARE NOT A PERSON TO THEM YOU ARE A NUMBER...WE HAD 20 PEOPLE QUIT IN LAST 2 MONTHS BECAUSE OF NEW GM,,,,LONG STORY SHORT DO NOT TAKE EMPLOYMENT AT SEARS LOGISTICS IN GOULDSBORE PA ANY WHAY THET CAN SCREW YOU THEY WILL

tequilarose1245 in Old Forge, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Marvin in Sheridan, Indiana said: Would someone in the television media - please do a serious investigation of this company? We are not a bunch of whiners - we are telling the truth about the corruption in this company![/QUOT
Its not just the store employees getting treated like crap its also the employees for DDC ,,in gouldsbore pa,,I was fired yesterday because I was 20 minutes late due to driving 2 hours to get to work from nys,because my mom is in hospital with cancer,,I offered to stay late but they denied me,,instead they fired me,,I have not missed a day or been late ,,they don't care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

HollyC in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

14 months ago

We've had some tough financial times and so when money was low I applied at yhe closest job... And that was Sears. I used to walk the tools section w my dad as a kid and ALL my appliances are from Sears now. Really. Not kidding. Our store manager makes the rounds many days to see how and what we are doing. Our store is diverse- customers and staff all seem to have intensly but different backgrounds. I love that. One employee who had been there a million years has taught me a lot and I even enjoy his "this is how we do (this whatever it is) at Sears." I'm leaving Sears because the retail market is impossible right now. If anyone is listening and after my online searches for Sears: 1. The "store within a store" idea is brilliant. Using that idea, each store is a many destinations draw within a single brick and mortar store. Did you research your customer so you cater to similar folks? I'd hate to see Sears suffer yet more problems due to association. Kmart never did address the attacks against it for being cheap instead of inexpensive. 2. Use technology better to make shopping easier and more personal. And btw, no one sees email these days. Your app and use of texting could use work. And where do shoppers spend their time in tge store? And why? 3. Don't forget that human interaction can be an integral part of the shopping experience. It's not just about knowing a proper shirt fit involves being able to place two fingers between the throat and the collar and finding a slim v classic fir shirt. It's also about listening and caring.
Thanks.

HollyC in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

14 months ago

HollyC in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: We've had some tough financial times and so when money was low I applied at the closest job... And that was Sears. I used to walk the tools section w my dad and ALL my appliances are from Sears now. Really. Not kidding. Our store manager makes the rounds many days to see how and what we are doing. Our store is diverse- customers and staff all seem to have intensly but different backgrounds. I love that. One employee who has been there a million years taught me a lot and I now even enjoy his "this is how we do (this whatever it is) at Sears." I'm leaving Sears because the retail market is impossible now. If anyone is listening and after my online searches for Sears: 1. The "Store within a store" idea is brilliant. Using that idea each store is a many destination draw within a single brick and mortar store. Did you research your customer so you cater to similar folks? I'd hate to see Sears suffer yet more problems due to an association. Kmart never did address the attacks against it for being cheap instead of inexpensive. Sears brands are known for veing the opposite. 2. Use technology better to make shopping easier and more personal. And btw, no one sees email these days. Your app and use of texting could use more effort. And, reasearch. Where do shoppers spend their time in the store? And why? Maximize the use of space. 3. Don't forget that human interaction can be an integral part of the shopping experience. Knowing a proper shirt fit involves being able to place two fingers between the throat and the collar and finding the slim fit shirt is only part of what makes service important. It's also about listening and caring.
Thanks.[/QUOTE
--Fixed for autocorrect and other errors.

xboxer in Cactus, Arizona

14 months ago

Worked for Sears in the 1970s and can see it has not changed.
They probably aren't doing very well.
Their big thing was tools, appliances...but they wanted to focus more on clothes and rival Penney's. Penney's wasn't much better later on, either. Both started out good, then it became cutthroat and you can see the cheap stuff they sell.

14 months ago

Nelly Rodas in Long Beach, California said: After a little over 7 months of working at Sears, I have finally put in my two weeks. As I look back I remember my manager telling me to get credit cards and sign up customers to the rewards program but as time went by the pressure and demands got worse. Not only do we ask customers for credit cards at the register, we have the managers calling every 5 minutes to check how many credits we have, the managers put up 3 bright signs at every register reading, "Ask the cashier how you can save $15 on your purchase today," and they have one cashier walking around the store asking customers to sign up for a Sears credit card WHILE THEY'RE SHOPPING! Can't tell you how annoying it is to have the managers call asking how many credits you have because no matter how good you're doing it's NEVER ENOUGH. Sign up for a credit card with a 25-27% interest rate, the $15 savings you get when you sign up ends up not being worth it. And WTF you cannot shop in peace anymore, Sears shoppers better watch out for the cashier onto getting a Sears credit card. When I found out that the interest rate was that high I began to feel guilty but getting Credit cards is the most important thing for Sears. It's the reason why they're still in business .The biggest problem with Sears that I haven't heard anyone in this forum mention is old customers. Sears biggest customers are aging. Sears was the place to go back in 1970 but not today. The new generation is shopping online and even though Sears is starting to use iPads & trying to use more technology, they haven't done much to make the new generation WANT to shop at SEARS.

Yep, those "bright managers" who come up with this stuff, don't seem to be bright enough to see they lose customers by harassing them.

I won't shop in those stores. I hate any store that forces employees to come up and say hello and act like they are my

14 months ago

xboxer in Cactus, Arizona said: Yep, those "bright managers" who come up with this stuff, don't seem to be bright enough to see they lose customers by harassing them.

I won't shop in those stores. I hate any store that forces employees to come up and say hello and act like they are my

Continued:

friend and bother me. It's annoying and distracting. I realize it's not the employees' faults.

It's these genius big shots who come up with this stuff and then force the employees to do it. It's this way in every field, with harassing customers.

So I buy online and Amazon.

Your store harasses me, I don't go in it.

I think the worst is Bed, Bath, and Beyond, with someone coming up to you, scaring the pants off you in an aisle, asking how your day is going, etc. OMG

Where the hell is my money in Irving, Texas

13 months ago

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT work for Sears under any circumstances! I have a lot to say about this store, and I only worked there for 3 days. That's saying a lot.

The orientation felt like propaganda, we were only allowed to go through certain doors before/after our shift, even though we were off the clock. Want to go through the mall after your shift? Nope! You gotta leave out the door they tell you and drive around.

I started actually working about a week after my orientation, and they told me it would take me 2 days to get my employee ID number/badge so I could easily clock in and out and start my computer training program. Of course, they didn't have my number, even a week later. I had to fill out a time clock sheet, which I'm pretty sure they lost.

They pressured us to sign customers up for credit applications, even if the customers looked like they could barely afford what they were buying. They sugar coat the process with promised savings of $15 and whatnot, but it's basically just preying on poor customers.

But here's what really took the cake. After my third day of working there, I was offered another job immediately, so I took it. I let management know that another job closer to home hired me, and that I would start working there instead. The last day I worked there was payday for everyone. I was new, so I didn't expect to get paid that day.

This day was two weeks ago today, and still no paycheck for me. I filled out my direct deposit information, so the money should be sitting in my bank right now. Even with the new-hire payday delay, I should have my money now. Yesterday I called my manager and asked him when I would get paid, and he had the audacity to tell me "You didn't work here that many days though. So why are you asking me this?"

mario in California

13 months ago

Samething happened to me, just that i could never get a hold of management. He either Left earlier or came late...

Where the hell is my money in Irving, Texas

13 months ago

Last time I checked, even if an employee works for you for ONE day, you should still pay them for their time. It's illegal not to pay someone for their work. I'm pretty sure Sears "lost" or altered my time clock sheet so I would either not get paid altogether or I would have less hours than I worked.

If they keep this up and try to keep my check from me, I'm going to pursue legal action. There's only a certain amount of crap I'm willing to take from a company, but this crosses the line.

mario in Arizona

13 months ago

That didn't happen to me but i was paid for the wrong amount of hours worked. I called my sears talked with numerous people and... I got the money but my hours got even less so i just never came to work.. It got to the point of working 3 hours a week on a full time position. Pathetic

Nottohappy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

13 months ago

I started working for Kmart, was there go do it boy and I decided I had had enough I signed up for cashier and I ended up doing everything else but cashiering a couple of people told me sears was better so I transferred over. I ended up actually cashiering but I was low on credit apps so they asked me to work as a sales guy since I was already selling hardware as a cashier all I need to learn was lawn and garden and fitness so I took it figured anything is better then 7.25 an hour got everything learned and I ended up having to learn how to do managerial duties ontop of stocking the shelves and selling be wise our manager can't do anything and not could our asm I got it figured out though I learned how to do everything I got great at credit cards (would have 30 in a month atleast) protection agreements I was up over 1600 bucks in the end and was always in top ten for district sales people for the department (the store was a mid volume store and I'm even counting low volume) I was young and thought the job was fun I was making close to 21 an hour in the end and still fixing everyone's problems..... I had been using coupons for the last 3 months of my almost 2 year employment and had told both my ASM and store manager about them and both had told me do what you have to do...... Well I did and 1 months after I get called in the back for an interrogation that lasted an hour or so and said I lost the company about a grand with the coupons......but the funny thing is they actually made more then that from me...... Cause I did the math and the credit apps alone made the store 1160 bucks and I was always atleast 10000 above the other associates in sales and with margin being about 10% made them another 3000 for those months and the last month I made them 1500 just in protection agreement but after the interrogation they terminated me after 2 years with the company and after my managers had told me "do what you have to do" best part was on none of the (read next post)

Nottohappy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

13 months ago

Training had never once said coupons were counted as theft in the internal theft part and they could see on the cameras I was over charging and pocketing money..... But they terminated me and I went back and found out everyone was using coupons and others who had used them like me had gotten a written warning I didn't even get a verbal watning...... I'm tempted to sue but with pa being a right to work state I feel that would be egg on my face....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

So glad I don't work there anymore! in Naperville, Illinois

12 months ago

I worked for Sears as a dispatcher for their appl repair department. Horrible pay, no raises, truly awful management all the way around. They made a point of making me sit in a meeting every month where they read their vision and mission statement to us every time. Too bad they don’t follow their own words. Here is a perfect example. If you walk into a Sears store and buy an appliance with a protection agreement, you just became the last person they care about on the planet if that appliance breaks down. They already have your money!! They are blocking out time for repairs for people that will pay cash. They will tell you have to wait weeks for your repair, but the truth is they could fit you in the next day. They are looking to suck every dollar that they can right now because they know they will not be around in 5 years. Even when I worked there, I refused to ever shop at a Sears storeeven with the employee discount. I don’t trust them enough to ever buy a single item from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Black sheep in Ventura, California

1 month ago

I have worked for different Sears stores across the country and the conclusion I have come to is that the associate experience is determinate on the in-store management, and communication from the top down.

My management team in one my my former stores was down to 1 ASM and a shoe department lead. We had no SM, no HI ASM and a DM/MM that only cared about the store from a metrics standpoint. Between those two in store leaders the store was able to succeed and pull a profit! I was more than excited to work for that store and the management team. I was even rewarded for my hard work with a promotion.

Fast forward to a different store, the leadership and management was/is apathetic, lazy and hipocritical. The morning meetings are full of the leaders talking up attendance and how there is a 12 minute leeway time, (6 minutes before and after your scheduled clock in time) and yet when it came to open the store in the morning these e leaders (the store manager being one of them) would constantly and habitually be late in letting the associates in, making everyone at least 10 minutes late to start the shift. One of the cultural beliefs of Sears is to "embrace feedback..." And yet when feedback is given it is ignored and associates are made to feel stupid and inferior.

I had to walk out after being in a lead position and because I did not suck up to my managers, my opinion on anything was "not of importance". What put the icing on the cake was when my seemingly "not important" opinions were ignored and a few short weeks later that very issue cropped up costing the store a few thousand dollars in cancelations along with feedback metrics, then it was my fault that I never brought the issue to management attention.

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.