How is your stores recieving/MPU dept

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Kfavard in Brooklyn, New York

93 months ago

i work MPU at my sears (1143) in brooklyn and i dont know if this is every sears stores or just mine but we have this five min policy to get the merchandise, now this is damn near impossible 50% of the time so we have ways we get it out the system before we even have the item :p i just wanna know do you guys do the same thing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PissedIndefinitely in Missouri

92 months ago

hellz yea we do that. thats how i was able to keep my within 5 mins. percentage in the 90s last year. though it doesnt seem to matter how good one is since the pay is crap ($7) and the raises are worse (2% which gives me a whopping $7.14/hr).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristin Stewart

91 months ago

Where exactly in Brooklyn is that Sears?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael08 in Rome, New York

91 months ago

You guys getting pushed over too, huh? Found out today, the shoe department makes more than us at our store (2603), New Hartford, NY. We make $7.40/hr and shoes are making $7.50/hr starting pay. This is an outrage. We have the 3rd hardest job in the store (excluding LP), and we are paid the 2nd from the worse in the store. Apparently signing is making about $7.20/hr AND MOST OF THEM ARE 16 AND 17! Our job has the highest potential for accidents, health hazards, etc. and we're only compensated for it by getting the worse pay in the store? This is crap.
NOT to mention, our manager said we were making more money then what should for what we do. How is that possible? Do they not realize that the store could lose alot of money if it wasn't for us? What if one day we didn't take any merchandise out? Would the customer have to do it? Would the sale associate do it (HA! That's a joke)? Without us, the store wouldn't be able to sell the larger appliances, TV, etc. I wanna find out how we can get a larger starting pay. This is starting to annoy me. I love my job with a passion, but damn, the pay needs to be better.
Afterall, they say, the lasting impression on the customer is us, MPU. We make them either A) like the store or B) hate the store.

We need to be recognized more for all the work and BS we have to go through for JUST $7-something/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

PissedIndefinitely

90 months ago

Michael08 in Rome, New York said: You guys getting pushed over too, huh? Found out today, the shoe department makes more than us at our store (2603), New Hartford, NY. We make $7.40/hr and shoes are making $7.50/hr starting pay. This is an outrage. We have the 3rd hardest job in the store (excluding LP), and we are paid the 2nd from the worse in the store. Apparently signing is making about $7.20/hr AND MOST OF THEM ARE 16 AND 17! Our job has the highest potential for accidents, health hazards, etc. and we're only compensated for it by getting the worse pay in the store? This is crap.
NOT to mention, our manager said we were making more money then what should for what we do. How is that possible? Do they not realize that the store could lose alot of money if it wasn't for us? What if one day we didn't take any merchandise out? Would the customer have to do it? Would the sale associate do it (HA! That's a joke)? Without us, the store wouldn't be able to sell the larger appliances, TV, etc. I wanna find out how we can get a larger starting pay. This is starting to annoy me. I love my job with a passion, but damn, the pay needs to be better.
Afterall, they say, the lasting impression on the customer is us, MPU. We make them either A) like the store or B) hate the store.

We need to be recognized more for all the work and BS we have to go through for JUST $7-something/hr.

damn straight. our starting pay in mpu is $7/hour. after a year i went up by a whopping 14 cents and we do more work in a week than any of the other departments associates do in their lifetime. not to mention the fact that we have to do other peoples jobs on top of our own like scanning and putting away the cameras and gps systems for the lp guys. one guy almost got fired because he complained to the lp manager about that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Flyerz91 in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

Kfavard in Brooklyn, New York said: i work MPU at my sears (1143) in brooklyn and i dont know if this is every sears stores or just mine but we have this five min policy to get the merchandise, now this is damn near impossible 50% of the time so we have ways we get it out the system before we even have the item :p i just wanna know do you guys do the same thing?

I work at sears mpu in PA and yes your right it is (at least at my sears) at least the 2 nd most difficult and the #1 most physically demanding dept in the store. I wont go into detail but we are exposed to numerious amounts of saftey, health, chemical, and fire hazards on a daily basis. However we remain the best in our area for at least the past 2 years and we have managed to keep our 5 min percentages in the upwards of 99-100% the entire time. our beginers pay rate is 7.25$/hr here, we dont get any benifits here at all and are eligebul for an 8 cent raise after one yr of employment with an average passing score of 3 for every question on your 6 month review. Here are a few helpfull tips i have learned while working in mpu to keep your precentages up 1- if you are working a pickup and you are about to go over you can simply check the little box next to the item then change the quantity to 0 then hit ok untill you return to the mpu screen. This will stop the time and change. the order back to an uncompleted status. Just remember to complete the order by ringing the sales check num through the hub register or through local systems. 2- if it gets to busy during pickup you can unplug the kiosk and take peoples recipts as they come (first come first serve) then you can detach the stock or floor to stage ticket and hold onto them to be rung out later (what we do on black friday). 3- pretty simple if worst comes to worst and you do go over 5 mins just remember to unplug the kisok for the night and the times will not record. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dudeman in Rantoul, Illinois

39 months ago

At the store I work at I'm the only guy in MPU that has experience besides the the PMT/RTV guy and the receiving lead. I totally agree we don't get paid nearly enough for what we have to do. When something gets rung up wrong, it's our job to get it figured out and have it to the customer within 5 minutes. Our kiosk is always down and the salesman get upset with us cause the customers have to find them to page us. Does receiving do fill floor at all the stores? I dont see why the MCAs cant do that crap!

Michael08 in Rome, New York said: You guys getting pushed over too, huh? Found out today, the shoe department makes more than us at our store (2603), New Hartford, NY. We make $7.40/ hr and shoes are making $7.50/hr starting pay. This is an outrage. We have the 3rd hardest job in the store (excluding LP), and we are paid the 2nd from the worse in the store. Apparently signing is making about $7.20/hr AND MOST OF THEM ARE 16 AND 17! Our job has the highest potential for accidents, health hazards, etc. and we're only compensated for it by getting the worse pay in the store? This is crap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.