What's the company culture at Sears?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Sears?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Sears?

Reply - Report abuse

Larry D. in Albany, New York

93 months ago

Typical day of an employee at sears while I work in the loss prevention dept my day is sitting and watching camera's and apprhending criminals. Sears dress code is black shirt with khaki's (Lands End) a more casual look. Sears reminds me a lot like Ames Dept Store a low end retail store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Gray in West Babylon, New York

93 months ago

Outstanding!
Thanks in advance,

C in Lake Jackson, Texas

93 months ago

Black or Tan Slacks white or black shirts I like a polo shirt. Black shoes

Zorro in Marinette, Wisconsin

93 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Sears?
Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Zorro in Marinette, Wisconsin

93 months ago

...Been here about 2 weeks now...the cultures are magnificent.......last week they produced a powerful bit of strept.......................................................................................................................................................................................over................................................and.....................................................out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Getting ready to quit in Ohio City, Ohio

93 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Sears?

Getting ready to quit in Ohio City, Ohio

93 months ago

The home office in Hoffman estates has "casual day" where you can wear jeans on friday. However, the current idiot in charge has cut benifits for hourly associates and basically the moral SUCKS! I will be quitting VERY SOON!

Mike in Frankfort, Kentucky

93 months ago

Our Sears simply has people wear Polo shirts, khakis, just anything nice. All they ask "No shirt with logos/advertisements" and no jeans.

Ng. in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

93 months ago

What kind of shoes do they prefer?Im going to be working in appliances.

Samantha in Leavenworth, Kansas

93 months ago

I worked at Sears for 2 and half years. White/black shirt and khaki/black pants. The dresscode doesn't say anything about the color of the shoes you can wear (and since I love shoes), I'd wear lots of flats--pink and red, patterns. You just can't wear tennis shoes (unless you have a doctor's note) and you can't wear open-toed shoes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ng. in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

93 months ago

Thanks Samantha,I found that out today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Catawissa, Missouri

92 months ago

clawl8 in Chesterfield, Virginia

64 months ago

I tried to wear a smile working for sears/AE factory but after getting treated like sub-human just quit/we can't fix our problems we'll replace you attitude, you grin and bear it and look for another job like most other techs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.