sears pension plans not being paid !!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

merjr in Ocean Gate, New Jersey

72 months ago

I am in the same situation. I received a letter dated July 28, 2008 stating that I would be receiving a lump sum payment within 30 days. Have yet to receive or hear anything from them so I called today. The Pension Plan automated machine is a joke and at no time allows you to speak to a live person. Even selecting the option to speak with a representative gets you nowhere. I called two other HR numbers and explained the situation to no avail. They could not assist with Pension related inquiries and suggested that I call the pension department, which of course is only an automated machine. When I mentioned there being no representatives on that line, all they told me was that they were sorry and could do nothing about it. Totally inapproriate. Just my two cents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Donnie Saad in Avondale, Arizona

71 months ago

Robert Schaub in Delmar, Delaware said: I left sears automotive in june of '08. I was notified by mail in July that I had a pension that would be available as of Aug 01, 2008. I returned all notarized paperwork by usps mail with delivery confirmation requested on Aug 04, 2008. I received my confirmation on Aug 06, 2008. I still have not received as much as a phone call or anything via the usps mail. They sent me this pin number that I was told would allow me to view my account and status online. Well, the website is a joke !!!! And when you call the 888 **** number, you are not allowed to speak to anyone in the pension dept. You are sent to the 401k dept and the tell you there is nothing they can do for you !!!! They say you have to contact then via usps mail. I have done this 2 times with no response !!! This is bs and I'm in the process of contacting a lawyer !!!!! Please if anyone else is experiencing this or something close to, please respond as I will let my lawyer see this and maybe it will help everyone is this situation. Sears does not realize that I have had my landlord on hold for this money for my rent !!!! Well as patient as she has been, I'm due to receive a eviction notice tomorrow !!! This is not fair. I worked for Sears for over 16 years and I feel they are abusing there ex employees. !!!!!!!! Please Sears if you read this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE satisfy your obligations to me and anyone else in this situation !!!! However if I receive no response to this or the letters I have sent I will not be the next person you talk to !!! It will be lawyer and this is not a threat it is a promise !!! I never thought that a company such as Sears would treat their long term employees this way !!! It just shows that the good guys always finish last !!! WELL THIS TIME IT WILL FINISH DIFFERENT !!! SEARS WILL PAY !!!

I left Sears April 1st 08. I have mailed in all paper work twice. Been told they received all of my forms in August.I still have NO check!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Donnie Saad in Avondale, Arizona

71 months ago

I left Sears April 1st 08. I have mailed in all paper work twice. Been told they received all of my forms in August.I still have NO check! I have mailed 14 letters pleading with someone to call me and tell me whats going on. On the web site they even show me the tax form they send to the IRS to report what funds I got. Well there is an amount but I never got it. I told them it is illegal to report money to the IRS that you never gave to someone. I guess they don't care because I have not gotten a response by phone or by mail. I have been begging them to just tell me where my check is for going on 7 months. All I am is ANGRY an further in debt. It is my money an I want it and don't understand why there is NOOOO number to really get ahold of a real person. For the guy that said he finally got to talk to a real person and got things worked out. Well I would love exact details on that but also 3 months was way to long too. I need help I need my money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael N Matheson in Oakland, California

70 months ago

I worked at Sears Automotive in santa rosa , ca. for over 18 years . I left there after 18 years . Due to abusive and harrasement from management. I have a back injury that I accuired whike working at Sears Automotive , that got worse thru out the years. Manage ment would refer to me as the "old man" . I also injurd my knee whike working there. I quit after the manager calle me an "Old Man" while I was doing work that he ordered me to due , yet was flaring my back injury, there were several customers that heard his remarks . When I spoke with the regional manager and the store manager , they sided with the assitant manager . Now they are cutting my pension plan ! Sears has definately changed. What happen to the good store that once was on top? what about customer satisfaction ? that has dramacticly changed also! what about he emploees that built sears , thru dedication and dreams? what is wrong with sears now???? the end is near...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.