Securitas Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Securitas?

What do you like best about working at Securitas? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

CBats in Alton, Illinois

18 months ago

Security Officer: On average in IL expect minimum wage to $10 an hour. Work assignments can be "full-time" (which is considered 32hr a week there), part-time, and flex (which is pretty much on-call work).

Security Officers are required to use their own means of transportation, unless going to a group event, where the company car may be used (very rare). Transportation expenses are up to you unless specified by client contract. I only worked at one site where I needed to use my personal vehicle. An average rate was set for the number of miles I'd have to drive and the type of vehicle driven, also based on current average price of gasoline.

There is a monthly bonus program: it's more like a raffle. I never use this system because there are very low winning odds. Another system lets you accumulate points for use on Securitas branded equipment. It is much like Discover/other credit card point reward systems and very ineffective.

Insurance and company matched 401K is available.

I liked the independence; but mostly working as a Security Officer is an entry-level position with low chances for performance improvement or advancement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.