How to get a job at Securitas.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Securitas? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

anonymous12334 in Arnolds Park, Iowa

18 months ago

I found out about the job through a current employee, which I hear is about the only way to get your foot through the door. Got the interview by filing online application. Advice for anybody trying to get in would be this:
1-Make sure you have a heartbeat.
2-Make sure you don't have a life outside of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Neesha in Brossard, Quebec

13 months ago

Hello
I have some question concerning the job at securitas. So one week before i applied at securitas for the job of pre board screening officer for the airport of pierre elliot trudeau in montreal.after one week i did not get any answer from them and was able to apply again .I would like to know if they focus on the questions that are online when you fill out the application as some of the questions are very tricky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

olver555@hotmail.com in Old Lyme, Connecticut

9 months ago

I need a job prefer armed position

Tom in El Paso, Texas

7 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Securitas? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

First of all don't consider Securitas at all. My interview with Securitas was denigrating and something out of the inquisition. I have years of experience as a security officer. B.A. in Spanish, worked as driver/guard in Ciudad Juarez and yet they wanted to pay me $7.25 and drive over 20 miles to a job site. I really believe no job existed and it was only a test. Securitas in El Paso are a bunch of pendejos.

Tom in El Paso, Texas

7 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Securitas? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

The application takes over an hour to fill out and it is extensive and after my interview abusive. The security guard companies in El Paso, TX really abuse the job seeker knowing full well the lack of jobs here. First is the application which is more intensive than other jobs at twice the pay. Securitas is one of the worse, the person I had my interview with knew I needed a job and she really kicked me and played games with me, tried to make me jump through all kinds of hoops. All for $7.25 per hour.
Securitas is the worst of a bad lot.

CBats in Alton, Illinois

2 months ago

I worked for Securitas in the past. Some of the rumors are true ... you really need to know someone from the company to get an interview, or they really need positions filled. I would recommend knowing all about what to do in emergency situations, especially bomb threats.
If you are looking at an unarmed position, expect minimum wage pay, and about a dollar over minimum wage if you select to work as a flex officer.
Also, if you are really serious about Securitas, don't get excited in the hype that you will be doing something awesome. Most days are spent alone doing nothing but waiting for action anyone would crave after 12hrs of drinking coffee. Another tip, and I am unaware how it is in your state, but, Securitas has a very high turn-over rate for management positions.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.