What's the company culture at Sentara Health?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Sentara Health?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Sentara Health?

Reply - Report abuse

saraah in Virginia Beach, Virginia

48 months ago

Lets see, depending on what department you work will depend on what you wear. I worked patient care so I had to wear an ugly color of scrubs (every department wears a certain color). In my department (radiology) there were no friendly get together because we all hated each other. Typical day is no break, no lunch, work harder and more with less help, get screamed at by doctors and patients all day. I don't know why patients in Norfolk are so grouchy. I have worked 3 other places in 3 different states and I have never encountered so many rude and unappreciative patients in my life. You must work to fit the needs of the department. If that means second and third shifts, no call, weekends and holidays etc..and carry pager with lots of call. If you don't mind not having a life and getting screamed at all day and talked nasty to and not have any breaks or lunches and be on camera all the time so management can watch you and write you up when they are bored...then this place is for you!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.