How to get a job at Sheetz.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Do you work at Sheetz? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

hhmmmm in Boonsboro, Maryland

94 months ago

what the he** , I have seen this job on and off , off and on for over a year. Either they eat the people they pick or they are like us cellular and never really hire to begin with. beware, something stinks here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Briers in Ravenna, Ohio

78 months ago

I am a Shift Supervisor at Sheetz in Kent, OH. From my experiences, Sheetz is the best job I've come across. I've worked in construction, retail at Lowes, and I've even tried my hand at factory work. So far, Sheetz has been the only company I've worked for that's made me feel like I matter.
I posted my app. and was able to get my foot in the door through a friend that worked there. My interview was more like a BS session. It was very informal and, from everything that I've seen, as long as you're good with people you'll fit in well with the company.
Being part of the management staff has provided me the opportunity to see the direction that this company is headed. And I like what I see. In our industry, the turn-over rate is around 200%. Sheetz as a company is looking at a turn-over rate of around 50%. The benefits are great, and if you're looking to get into college or are in college we offer a tuition reimbursement program. The starting pay of even a salesperson is equal to or higher than most retailers.
Of all the jobs I've worked, Sheetz is only the 2nd company I would reccomend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ebnerwill in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Sheetz? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

dont

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Brian in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: You definitely do not want to work at Sheetz.
Trust me.

Go work at some place that matters.
Or go wipe old people after they go to the bathroom.

It'd be better than working at Sheetz.

your crazy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

how much drama do you deal with? let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Mike Briers in Ravenna, Ohio said: I am a Shift Supervisor at Sheetz in Kent, OH. From my experiences, Sheetz is the best job I've come across. I've worked in construction, retail at Lowes, and I've even tried my hand at factory work. So far, Sheetz has been the only company I've worked for that's made me feel like I matter.
I posted my app. and was able to get my foot in the door through a friend that worked there. My interview was more like a BS session. It was very informal and, from everything that I've seen, as long as you're good with people you'll fit in well with the company.
Being part of the management staff has provided me the opportunity to see the direction that this company is headed. And I like what I see. In our industry, the turn-over rate is around 200%. Sheetz as a company is looking at a turn-over rate of around 50%. The benefits are great, and if you're looking to get into college or are in college we offer a tuition reimbursement program. The starting pay of even a salesperson is equal to or higher than most retailers.

what is your first choice in work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

ebnerwill in Williamsport, Pennsylvania said: what is your first choice in work?

let me rephrase, what is your 1st company u would rec.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Realty Dude in Wake Forest, North Carolina

76 months ago

Sheetz posted on www.careerbuilder.com for Associate Manager and Store Manager in Training. Locally when I was called and asked to come in for an interview it was all Associate Manager, Store Manager or District Manager over the phone. When I got there it was we don't actually start anyone as an Associate Manager and I can't hire (Store Manager saying this now) an Associate Manager. I can start you at $8.75 as a clerk. This was after the posting advertised says, salary $33K to $51K as Associate Manager or Store Manager In Training. The local District Manager wants everyone to work their way up. I can't recommend Sheetz as a place of employment and if you can't recommend them to work
for how can you recommend them for any business.

Oh, the Store Manager was walking around the store with his zipper completely down. How's that for professionalism - none of the employees were telling him - I said something to one about it and they laughed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

chuckles1 in Richmond, Virginia

65 months ago

Mike Briers in Ravenna, Ohio said: I am a Shift Supervisor at Sheetz in Kent, OH. From my experiences, Sheetz is the best job I've come across. I've worked in construction, retail at Lowes, and I've even tried my hand at factory work. So far, Sheetz has been the only company I've worked for that's made me feel like I matter.

I've been a sales person for 2 1/2 years in Ricmond. The past 3+ months have been horrible do to a new store manager. She keeps cutting my hours back because of various reasons. Mostly it's because I don't have training in MTO. "Orders" from Corporate in Altoona mandate that I get training. She has refused to train me, claims she has no training hours for me. She has even told a coworker she wishes I would just quit. I have practically begged for training to get hours. I have given her no reason to treat me like this. I have shown up on time over the past 2 1/2 years. Never called out sick. I have lost all kinds of hours, from 21/week to being removed from the schedule all together. No benefits at all now while everyone else 20-30+.They have even hired new people who get those kinds of hours. My conclusion is she wants me to qui

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kati olson in Martinsburg, West Virginia

17 months ago

Mike Briers in Ravenna, Ohio said: I am a Shift Supervisor at Sheetz in Kent, OH. From my experiences, Sheetz is the best job I've come across. I've worked in construction , retail at Lowes, and I've even tried my hand at factory work. So far, Sheetz has been the only company I've worked for that's made me feel like I matter.

I have gone through 3 interviews which I think went pretty well, they're waiting for the store manager to get back from vacation before they can give me an answer, what do you think my chances are?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kati olson in Martinsburg, West Virginia

17 months ago

I have gone through three interviews, each with a different manager. I personally think the interviews went pretty well but they said they're waiting for the store manager to get back from his/her vacation before they can give me an answer, the waiting is torturing me so i'd like to see what you think my chances are. Your response would be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.