How to get a job at Shell.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at Shell? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

ambitious_grl in Vancouver, British Columbia

68 months ago

They posted the job at my business career website. I applied through the online application system. I really didn't put much effort into it. My descriptions were two liners. However,I do have a solid resume that includes technical, scientitifc, and accounting skills. So, it seems to me, if they find you to be a right fit and you have the credentials they want, you'll get the interview. It's not necessarily dependent on how much effort you put on presenting those skills.

So, advice for someone trying to get in...I can only speak for campus candidates. Make sure you have solid grades for starters. Secondly, you really do have to be a well-rounded candidate. You have to have demonstrated leadership skills and agility in learning. You can acquire these through co-op terms and volunteering. Have exposure to working with engineers.

The long and the short of it is, you have to prepare yourself from day one. Can't slack. There's no last minute short-cut for making up for deficit in grades or experience. ALOT of people assess you... (15+) so, you really do need to be a solid candidate (alot of the bias in interviewing i.e. gender, age, racial is eliminated when so many people are interviewing you, so you don't need to worry abt that).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

The shell game in Dallas, Texas

22 months ago

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Right now? You'd have to be overqualified to get in, or you know someone who knows the lead interviewer. For example, even for "entry-level" in the job description, when you click "Apply online" you'll get 5-7 eliminating or filtering questions. For a few "entry-level" jobs I tried to apply, even for Admin. Asst., all of them had "Do you have at least 5 years of experience?" Huh?

One entry-level Admin Asst. job requirements such as "...ability to troubleshoot IT network and maintain database"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

f.hamad@afpc.net.sy in Syrian Arab Republic

1 month ago

I work now at Al Furat Petroleum Company the national part of SHELL petroleum company / Damascus, Syria..

From my experience working with SHEEL as national part in management level , this company is respect every thing starting from employee , nature , etc .

So I am wish looking from my CV to work at SHELL company in any plase in this planet related to great SHELL company .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.