Shopko News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you think - will Shopko grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Shopko stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Jed Simons in Stevens Point, Wisconsin

4 months ago

Shopko grew fast, a little too fast and made a huge budget shortfall. The company is saving every penny to a point where all employees will get no merit (yearly review) raises. Only if your promoted, which won't be good for moral. The pay could be alot better since a part time person at lowes gets $10.00 (People start at $7.50 here) Hours have been cut that it is nearly impossible to complete daily tasks. The normal truck, from my point of view have doubled, even tripled in size with out room in the budget to add more people/hours to the freight team. Shopko sound like it is growing, but is still dying in my opinion and I will predict several Hometown Shopko and Shopko stores will be closing with in a few years time. They are at a point where they should be investing money, like updating stores that need it (the one I work at is still an orange theme inside). They should offer more services like ship to store, revamp there Distribution Center system so that stores can order product themselves to keep product filled at there stores since they know what product is most popular. Make trucks more manageable, like on pallets in the least so employees don't have bumps or bruises after unloading. I love the people I work with and Hate to leave for a better paying, understanding employer for these reasons. Honestly, the company just needs a whole revamp of everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.