What's the company culture at Shopko?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Shopko?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Shopko?

Reply - Report abuse

Heygirlhey in Crete, Nebraska

62 months ago

Office enviroment: Sucks, dark dirty, boring.

You can dress in black/tan pants, tenis shoes.
You can wear shopko shirt or you can where a white button up.

NOOOO they do not get together for friday happy hours and get togethers, everyone sucks and is rude.

Typical day, you come to work and you get picked at by managers, and you get told what your doing wrong. never any postive. And sometimes they just leave people out of certian things star cards, sliegh contest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Kellbelle76 in Winona, Minnesota

60 months ago

Wow- so negative. Perhaps your coworkers didn't appreciate your attitude or lack of communication skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Draw Munkie in Green Bay, Wisconsin

58 months ago

The actual corporate office in Green Bay is pretty nice. It's smaller than a typical corporate office so everyone is pretty friendly and it's very easy to get to know people in other departments. I've been here for a few years and everyone I've met has been pretty friendly. I moved here from out of state and I think it's a Wisconsin thing, but it is very easy to get a group together for happy hour any day of the week.

Dress is business casual, Fridays you can wear jeans for a $1 donation to the United Way. It's not a very creative atmosphere, but not too up-tight/corporate compared to other places I've been.

With it being as small as it is, there are lots of opportunities to work on projects you would never get to work on at a bigger company like Target, so a typical day is never the same. That might depend on which department and position you hold. You also get to see the results of your work fairly quickly as opposed to other places.

Overall, I think Shopko is a great place to work and would recommend it to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jed Simons in Stevens Point, Wisconsin

6 months ago

The overall look physically of Shopko is low budget and basically they want to save every penny, to a point that it is wise to pay to make money. The people are nice people to work with, sometime you get a questionable person but you always have that anywhere. If you are a normal person you where the basic uniform, Green Polo or white button up shirt(Brown Sweater during winter) and plain khakis. Any belt and shoe you want. If your a supervisor/manager you have the option to wear dress clothes that look neat and clean. I currently work here and like it,its a job with nice people to work with, but the pay could be much better, especially since no one will be getting a raise in the company, which is the worst thing for moral.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former shopko employee and shopper in Green Bay, Wisconsin

28 days ago

"Hey lets cram about 12-16 hours of work into a 8-10 hour day! Ok sounds good, who wants a life right!?!?
-Senior management

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.