Relocation Package

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

aj in Chandler, Arizona

87 months ago

Well, If you are getting a job there soon, why would you not have asked this question during the interview process?? Have you even discussed a relocation package?? If not, I would suggest you take a crash course on Negotiation skills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

marcus in Duluth, Georgia

87 months ago

I would be interested in knowing the answer to that question as well. Does there relocation package include selling of a home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Phoenix, Arizona

87 months ago

Marcus,
Someone from another posting answered this question and wrote "Anna, The only cases I know of Siemens purchasing homes in the '00's have involved nepotism & wheeling & dealing.....push hard for good relo cash".

DM - I do appreciate the info you shared.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chucky in High Point, North Carolina

87 months ago

maybe you should rent a canoe and move to the ocean...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Nun Ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

Anna in Phoenix, Arizona said: How rude can you be ..my goodness!!! The key word I used is "might". I did not say "I will be getting".

How do you even know that I have gone for the interview? Too presumptuous!!! Unbelievable!!!

I don't need any of your suggestion about any course. Thank you.

The only way to gauge whether or not the person is being rude is to hear the tone. Since you cannot do that you cannot tell this for sure. Nevertheless, focus on his answer and his/her answer makes a lot of sense. Now, lets drop the rude-identification and focus on jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Nun Ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

Anna in Phoenix, Arizona said: How rude can you be ..my goodness!!! The key word I used is "might". I did not say "I will be getting".

How do you even know that I have gone for the interview? Too presumptuous!!! Unbelievable!!!

I don't need any of your suggestion about any course. Thank you.

How did you get a job with Siemens? I have tried several times never got a response despite being qualified and submitting well formated resumes and cover letters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Phoenix, Arizona

86 months ago

Hello Nun,

Hearing a person's tone is absolutely not the ONLY way to determine if he/she is rude. A person's manners may not be important to you, but it is sure important to me.

I submitted my resume through their website and few days later, got an email from HR for a phone interview.

One clue I can give you is to try and use the same words found in their job description and incorporate them into your resume. The reason I said that is - I found out that HR uses their "specialized" search engine and will shortlist candidates based on the number of matched key words.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nan in Auburndale, Florida

86 months ago

Anna, at Siemens the phone interview means zero. It is the in person interviews wit hthe manager that lets you know you are being considered for the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nun Ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

Anna in Phoenix, Arizona said: Hello Nun,

Hearing a person's tone is absolutely not the ONLY way to determine if he/she is rude. A person's manners may not be important to you, but it is sure important to me.

I submitted my resume through their website and few days later, got an email from HR for a phone interview.

One clue I can give you is to try and use the same words found in their job description and incorporate them into your resume. The reason I said that is - I found out that HR uses their "specialized" search engine and will shortlist candidates based on the number of matched key words.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Oh, good point about tone. Yeah, manners are not important to me because the message is the main thing I care about (and very little about the messenger). I respect the fact that you feel different and I must agree it makes a lot of sense to care about manners and expect it.

Thanks very much for the "specialized tip" That slipped my mind and make lots of sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nun Ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

Nan in Auburndale, Florida said: Anna, at Siemens the phone interview means zero. It is the in person interviews wit hthe manager that lets you know you are being considered for the job.

Phone interviews means a lot. When you apply to a 100 positions at Siemens and get no response (like many have done on here); then you try something new and get phone interviews that is a great upgrade. After you get the phone interview then you can aim for the face-to-face interview and sealing the deal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fed in Mountain View, California

85 months ago

fddsfsdfdsfsasnerskmgfxhtykㅛ겨ㅛㅓㄱ니ㅏ ㅛㅕytu,l,ㅗ샤.ywsyuiy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Hi Potential Siemens employees!
I like to offer if you get hired and relocate to East Orlando Siemens...I have a wonderful family golf home for sale about 10 minutes from Siemens, Its a 4/3 with opt 5th or office swim tennis and on the fairway/16th hole. Gated with tons of amenities in Eastwood Preserves. I have reduce to $339k for a quick sale. Mls # 04789540. Super "A" rated schools (can walk too) Family Park in neighborhood. 24 security guards at gate entry. Call 407-579-6155 Kathy Hanson/Remax for listing details!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

The relocation should be negotiated up front and not as an after thought. Siemens does have relocation and as I do not know all the particulars of the arrangements it most likely depends on job level/title. If you are non manager or not in a position of mission critical. Then I would suggest you are not getting relocation.

Regarding employment at Siemens, many start as CDI contractors. Otherwise need to have inside contact. People do not just leave a company like Siemens as pay & benefits is good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

gp2008 in New York City, New York

76 months ago

Hi I have a telephonic interview with Siemens Orlando. Does anybody has an idea what its going to be like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MARTINEZ1 in somewhere

61 months ago

gp2008 in New York City, New York said: Hi I have a telephonic interview with Siemens Orlando. Does anybody has an idea what its going to be like?

What was the outcome? I am courious. Also what siemens division were you applying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mmbronkar@bellsouth.net in Fayetteville, Georgia

39 months ago

If you go to Orlando please checkout Pine Hills area, you would fit right in!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dmom in West Warwick, Rhode Island

30 months ago

Nun Ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois said: How did you get a job with Siemens? I have tried several times never got a response despite being qualified and submitting well formated resumes and cover letters.

The best way to get a job at Siemens is to be referred by someone who already works there. If you know anyone who works for any Siemens division, let them know your interested in a job and which types of positions your looking into. If they refer you, you are more likely to get a response with the hiring manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.