Siemens doesn't call.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Will from El paso. in El Paso, Texas

90 months ago

Siemens doesn't really call you. They just post this position it's been posted for about 2 months. And it's not because they are no qualified candidates either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Wilkesville, Ohio

90 months ago

I had a Phone interview 3 or 4 months ago and was told I am being sent on to the next step the hiring manager at the plant was suppose to call even giving a phone number to call if no word in two weeks called number was told everything ok you will receive call still waiting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Mount Pleasant, Iowa

90 months ago

Funny - I was called, and they followed up with another phone and an email. Unfortunatly I had to withdraw. Perhaps some are not as qualified as they want to believe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

RJ in Cincinnati, Ohio

90 months ago

Larry in Mount Pleasant, Iowa said: Funny - I was called, and they followed up with another phone and an email. Unfortunatly I had to withdraw. Perhaps some are not as qualified as they want to believe.

And maybe some are not as qualified as they say they are and have to withdraw before the truth comes out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Casey in Bellville, Texas

90 months ago

Will from El paso. in El Paso, Texas said: Siemens doesn't really call you. They just post this position it's been posted for about 2 months. And it's not because they are no qualified candidates either.

Absolutely ,,,,,,,, I have applied twice to this same company, same position and did the required follow - up such as e-mails , phone calls , etc. etc. The response that I got was nothing , nada , zip . I know from years of experience that I'm very qualified so I can assume that Siemens needs to take a long hard look at their H.R. people . Maybe it's time for a complete shake up . Hell, this company even has a voice mail menu that leads you to nowhere and nobody.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JB in Michigan

90 months ago

HR seems to have a primary function of stonewalling. The few times I circumnavigated HR (impossible in Big Business), I've landed jobs in small to medium companies !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Siemens has a staffing contract with CDI. CDI can provide staffing on a temp or perm basis. The posting of a position is required. In some case the position is already set for a candidate internal or they will fill it with a temp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Bellevue, Washington

90 months ago

This is a relatively new role with Siemens that is being relocated from Germany to Redmond. They are in fact actively recruiting. I was called by a recruiter, interviewed with HR and have an interview set up for next week with the SVP of Strategy for the US next week. They are just looking for some very specific skills (i.e. direct experience working with or for MSFT, experience working in Europe and Asia, executive level business development experience, and strategic marketing experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

FormerSiemensEmployee in Malvern, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Don't waste your time. It's a very harsh and cold culture. Very.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

FormerSiemensEmployee in Malvern, Penn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Will from El paso. in El Paso, Texas said: Siemens doesn't really call you. They just post this position it's been posted for about 2 months. And it's not because they are no qualified candidates either.

No, that is not the issue (no qualified candidates). Siemens wants level 1 and 2 candidates to work for low wages. Eventually they will fill the position with Indian workers\H1B. I don't think it is a question of qualified workers they don't want to pay the wages. It is a fact (not rumor) that Siemens lay off people that have been there a long time (level 5 and 6) and then hire people back at a lower wage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.