How to get a job at skorsky?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

mittie pettway in Bridgeport, Connecticut

90 months ago

I have apply online serval time, but never got an interview,I have worked over twenty years in industrial manufacturin, lots of jobs experience, Is my age a problem? I am 54 years old I worked for General Electric for fifteen years. Company move, havent beeen able to find employment sin 2004. can you help me. I still have needs and responbility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

mittie pettway in Bridgeport, Connecticut

90 months ago

abuse was not helpful, I want to know ho to get ajob.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Middlefield, Connecticut

89 months ago

mittie pettway in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: I have apply online serval time, but never got an interview,I have worked over twenty years in industrial manufacturin, lots of jobs experience, Is my age a problem? I am 54 years old I worked for General Electric for fifteen years. Company move, havent beeen able to find employment sin 2004. can you help me. I still have needs and responbility.

Keep knocking!!Also,be sure to check for spelling errors on yor resume

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

USA in Middlefield, Connecticut

89 months ago

mittie pettway in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: I have apply online serval time, but never got an interview,I have worked over twenty years in industrial manufacturin, lots of jobs experience, Is my age a problem? I am 54 years old I worked for General Electric for fifteen years. Company move, havent beeen able to find employment sin 2004. can you help me. I still have needs and responbility.

Keep knocking! Maybe you should think about redoing your resume. Wishing you the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

USA in Middlefield, Connecticut

89 months ago

jessica in Middlefield, Connecticut said: Keep knocking!!Also,be sure to check for spelling errors on yor resume

your*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

klyllah deljohn in Bridgeport, Connecticut

88 months ago

mittie pettway in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: abuse was not helpful, I want to know ho to get ajob.

wowo try an dtyr again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

USA in New Haven, Connecticut

88 months ago

Manufacturing is over payed.
I wouldn't be so excited to build a oversized ride on mower . Get a real job in aerospace and work for Boeing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in Troy, Alabama

82 months ago

johnathan addams in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: the reason you cant get a job is that you dont know how to spell and old people usually have had this problem you should justquit and neva try again you old geezer

It's a shame that you have so much free time and the only thing you apparently feel the need to do is bash someone who is looking for a job. Obviously, with your bad personality, you will not have to worry about ever getting old. And to the gentleman seeking employment with Sikorsky: they are a tough company to get into and it is crucial that you have good grammar skills in order to be considered for a position with them. If you have a One-Stop Career Center in your town, go visit them, take the preliminary tests required by Sikorsky, and speak to a career counselor about improving your spelling. Otherwise, maybe you should consider moving on and concentrating your efforts on other employers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Stafford, Virginia

77 months ago

I totally agree about the comment about Boeing. I retired from them and I can say they are the very best company to work for. In fact, I am trying to get back in. Try Boeing and get a real job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HeyHey in Milford, Connecticut

66 months ago

Bottom line, you have to know someone who already works there, who has a good reputation. Or at least it helps a great deal. You obviously also need the credentials for whatever position you are looking to get. That's how you even get your foot in the door for an interview. Then you have to wow them at the interview. Look and act professional, be polite and well-spoken. Show them you are an educated and motivated individual. It's important to remember that Sikorsky is a very competitive environment, so it will not be an easy task. You may have to try several times. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne Berrier in New Holland, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

I have apply on line never a interview,built fire trucks for 5 years stainless steel work on fire tks.Did alot of manufacturing at AmericanLaFrance,29 years at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals work in warehouse done it all in warehouse,forklifts repair,mauufacturing.Then if you try to apply again they say you are in the system. Still no job. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven Vinas in BETHANY, Connecticut

48 months ago

Good luck! I've applied for several years to Sikorsky without a single human responce or interview.

Steven Vinas in BETHANY, Connecticut

48 months ago

May I also add that I am not giving up on such a great company, I just wish I would hear from them soon!!

David Hu in Wilton, Connecticut

47 months ago

You can get in despite grammar and language issues, there were a ton of people who had sub par English abilities, you need an in unfortunately.......I had an in and they still couldn't find my resume in the system......i had to finally email the manager directly......dont read into the lack of response too much......they are sloppy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

HRD in Washington, District of Columbia

35 months ago

HeyHey in Milford, Connecticut said: Bottom line, you have to know someone who already works there, who has a good reputation. Or at least it helps a great deal. You obviously also need the credentials for whatever position you are looking to get. That's how you even get your foot in the door for an interview. Then you have to wow them at the interview. Look and act professional, be polite and well-spoken. Show them you are an educated and motivated individual. It's important to remember that Sikorsky is a very competitive environment, so it will not be an easy task. You may have to try several times. Good Luck.

Hi...that's not true! If you have a relative who is high up they will find a way to get you in...I've seen it several times! Ex. Two guys came into Engineering at the same time one had. BA degree and a brother in law who was pretty high up! The other BA, MS,MBA and transferred from Pratt with 5 years under his belt. They met a year and some later and the guy with the connection was moved to a sr mgr/director position in QA. The other was like how did you do that! They other chuckles and says ...I have an in. long story he didn't do so well. So they moved him to another position same level and increased pay. Now that is the nom. Even the president hires his friends...
Horatio R. D.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.