What's the company culture at Sitel?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Sitel?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Sitel?

Reply - Report abuse

hk4us in memphis, Tennessee

58 months ago

You are so right!! Every business has it's on style and SitelMemphis ranges from "ghetto-FAB", disco QUEENS, wannabe MODELS, happy homemaker's, trailer trash and COUNTRY bumpkin with a few (and I do mean FEW) business casuals. People here may come as if they got straight out of bed or just left the prom. You never know wht yu will see from one day to the next. The hair colors can fill a rainbow(some of these styles and colors make you wonder if they own mirrors.) I am ashamed to tell anyone where I work because Sitel Memphis has no dress code standard at all. They will actually send home (or make them change) people that are dressed in business casual with the exception of a pair of hose they do not deem appropriate rather than send home someone in jeans two size too small with tops that are three sizes too small (and tattoos showing on their backs whenever they bend over, stand up, sit down...whatever.) Never in my life have I seen such a display of skin other than at a meat packageing company. Such a sad reflection on what Sitel could be if they had better managemant/capable management. Right now it appears to have little or no management. When an operations manager can go out to a club, get drunk and dance all "up on" one of his employees (who he doesn't recognize) and come back to work and acts like he did nothing or doesn't remember, oh well, what more can I say. P-I-T-I-F-U-L and full of "cliques".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

antonjan1184 in Mandaluyong, Philippines

58 months ago

What about SITEL in Philippines?

How do they do managing employee increase? Do they come up with a certain increase percentage based on the employee performance?
Are there any times that there are no increase?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

demarnello in Albuquerque, New Mexico

13 months ago

hk4us in memphis, Tennessee said: You are so right!! Every business has it's on style and SitelMemphis ranges from "ghetto-FAB", disco QUEENS, wannabe MODELS, happy homemaker's, trailer trash and COUNTRY bumpkin with a few (and I do mean FEW) business casuals. People here may come as if they got straight out of bed or just left the prom. You never know wht yu will see from one day to the next. The hair colors can fill a rainbow(some of these styles and colors make you wonder if they own mirrors.) I am ashamed to tell anyone where I work because Sitel Memphis has no dress code standard at all. They will actually send home (or make them change) people that are dressed in business casual with the exception of a pair of hose they do not deem appropriate rather than send home someone in jeans two size too small with tops that are three sizes too small (and tattoos showing on their backs whenever they bend over, stand up, sit down...whatever.) Never in my life have I seen such a display of skin other than at a meat packageing company. Such a sad reflection on what Sitel could be if they had better managemant/capable management. Right now it appears to have little or no management. When an operations manager can go out to a club, get drunk and dance all "up on" one of his employees (who he doesn't recognize) and come back to work and acts like he did nothing or doesn't remember, oh well, what more can I say. P-I-T-I-F-U-L and full of "cliques".

you are so right, this company is the bottom of the heap. I was in their management team. I hated it and couldn't take it and left.! I have never worked for such an unprofessional group of people that care less about their employees!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.