How to get a job at Southern Company.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you work at Southern Company? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

sk8tr676 in Jasper, Alabama

21 months ago

If you have family already in their system you are in ... if not I would suggest you look else ware...Do a little personnel investigating it will save you from being disappointed early in this ind ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anthonydenozo44 in Fayette, Alabama

3 months ago

I applied for a position with southern company IE (Alabama Power) and was rejected. That in its self might not be unusual but I know several people who work for AP in the same position I applied for that do not have half the experience or education that I do. I have a B.A in criminal justice from a well known college and it didn't help one bit. I have 17 years experience in the field I applied for ten of which were as a supervisor. I guess that I was over qulified or they just really are picky I don't know which. My rejection letter just said ," You are no longer under consideration for this position". To be truthful it kind of pisses me off. I think they are very biased to people who don't kiss ass or know someone who works for them. My advice is don't waste your time their pay isn't that great anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.