Confused, excited, and just trying to figure out what it all means?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Tellem in Seattle, Washington

39 months ago

I've posted on here before but I'll give a quick review for people who didnt read it.

Apr 24, 2011 - Applied Online for SWA Ramp position

May 04, 2011 - Received phone call conducted hasty interview, offered a F2F interview the following Monday. May 09, 2011

May 09, 2011 - Conducted interview lasting around 30 to 40 minutes.

the interviewer then told me they are trying to speed of the process with this hiring process as the needs of the airport. Told me I should hear back either way by later in the week or early the following week if I got the job or not. Training to start mid june.

May 13, 2011 - No phone call received, email checked hourly nothing...

May 18, 2011 - No phone call received, email checked hourly, nothing...

May 20, 2011 - All hope is lost. At this point I've accepted I did not receive the job and they some how forgot to send the "thanks but no thanks" letter. So I moved on...

June 7, 2011 - received a email from a background check company requesting information on behalf of a background check for Southwest airlines.

I was out of town on business, made contact with the person conducting the background check. Told them I'll be able to send information they requested monday due to out of town for company business. They agreed.

June 13, 2011 finished giving all the required information to the Background check rep.

June 14, 2011 Background rep called me stating "I've recieved all the required information from you, I will not be needing anything else thank you for your time bye"

Present day: Now I sit here wondering what happens now? I have done a check over these forums and board, nobody has a story similar to one I just presented.

What do you all think? Comments? Suggestions? Opinions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

Everyone has a story similar to the one you just presented.. It takes a long time.

39 months ago

yea Im just excited i guess. I'm thinking maybe HR is backed up or something.

Alberto in Pasadena, Texas

39 months ago

I'm in the same boat. I was told i'd be in a june 26th class but haven't heard anything since my DT on the 1st...

39 months ago

Hmm well, I feel a little better knowing there is somebody else in the process as I am.

I dont know, it just seem like other people process was a Straight line sorta A-B-C, some you could even set a watch to. Mine is sorta. A----C---E---D lol.

Just have to keep my head up!

j in Renton, Washington

39 months ago

I'm in the same position, i've been waiting for four weeks now since the f2f. I talked to the contact I had at the interview though and she said since i'm cleared, there just waiting for a start date for training for us I guess.

39 months ago

j in Renton, Washington said: I'm in the same position, i've been waiting for four weeks now since the f2f. I talked to the contact I had at the interview though and she said since i'm cleared, there just waiting for a start date for training for us I guess.

That's interesting. Thanks for the info. can you keep me informed if you hear anything else? I'll do the same.

j in Renton, Washington

39 months ago

will do

j in Renton, Washington

39 months ago

Tellem in Seattle, Washington said: That's interesting. Thanks for the info. can you keep me informed if you hear anything else? I'll do the same.

Apparently everything is on hold until next week. Have you heard anything?

39 months ago

Yea, did you call them or did they call you?

I actually called them for the first time since talking with the recruiter at the F2f interview.

Apparently, there was some sort of miscommunication going on. I was told I should hear back from them next week also.

What was told to you?

39 months ago

Tellem in Seattle, Washington said: Yea, did you call them or did they call you?

I actually called them for the first time since talking with the recruiter at the F2f interview.

Apparently, there was some sort of miscommunication going on. I was told I should hear back from them next week also.

What was told to you?

Internal miscommunication on their part about hiring.

j in Renton, Washington

39 months ago

Tellem in Seattle, Washington said: Internal miscommunication on their part about hiring.

I called them, i've been talking to them and first advantage the last two weeks trying to finish up the background check. From what she told me, we are pretty much in, just waiting on a start date. Is that what you understood from it as well?

39 months ago

j in Renton, Washington said: I called them, i've been talking to them and first advantage the last two weeks trying to finish up the background check. From what she told me, we are pretty much in, just waiting on a start date. Is that what you understood from it as well?

Well from what i was told there was miscommunication about how many people they want to hire.

She then told me she would let me know about the next step in the process next week.

I think both of our stories are going down the same path.

did she say there was a problem with the training dates or was it something with hiring?

j in Renton, Washington

39 months ago

Did you talk to Star? I didn't hear anything about any miscommunication.

The first time I asked two weeks ago, they said they were waiting for everyones background checks to get done, then last week, she told me that I was in, just waiting on a start date, and today she told me that hiring was on hold, and they are still waiting on a start date from the directors but that I should hear back from them next week on the start date.

Someone posted on the other board that they needed to hire 15 people (which they told me at the interview as well) but that only 4 had made it through the entire process, not sure how he heard that . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

j in Renton, Washington said: Did you talk to Star? I didn't hear anything about any miscommunication.

The first time I asked two weeks ago, they said they were waiting for everyones background checks to get done, then last week, she told me that I was in, just waiting on a start date, and today she told me that hiring was on hold, and they are still waiting on a start date from the directors but that I should hear back from them next week on the start date.

Someone posted on the other board that they needed to hire 15 people (which they told me at the interview as well) but that only 4 had made it through the entire process, not sure how he heard that . . .

Yes i spoke with Star.

that is interesting and sorta makes sense if I put both of our stories together.

What was the other board you heard this information from

j in Renton, Washington

39 months ago

Tellem in Seattle, Washington said: Yes i spoke with Star.

that is interesting and sorta makes sense if I put both of our stories together.

What was the other board you heard this information from

The 'southwest airline hiring process?' thread, pg 53, bachataj1 in Seattle, Washington

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

ok I found it. If thats the case every one of the "4" would be on this forum or atleast posted something on it.

I'll be looking forward to a call back next week. As soon as a get one I'll let you know

j in Renton, Washington

39 months ago

Tellem in Seattle, Washington said: ok I found it. If thats the case every one of the "4" would be on this forum or atleast posted something on it.

I'll be looking forward to a call back next week. As soon as a get one I'll let you know

sounds good, likewise.

39 months ago

I just got the thanks but no thanks email.

This will be my last post. Sorry we couldn't meet and shake hands. I hope all is well for you.

Good luck

j in Renton, Washington

39 months ago

Tellem in Seattle, Washington said: I just got the thanks but no thanks email.

This will be my last post. Sorry we couldn't meet and shake hands. I hope all is well for you.

Good luck

Sorry to hear that, thanks. Good luck to you as well, i've heard a lot of people don't make it there first time applying though, keep trying for sure.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.