Customer Service Rep with Southwest

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

56 months ago

I applied about 3 weeks ago for both part time and full time customer service positions in the airport. I was called last week except the recruiter called my cell phone (which does not get service in the house.) I called him back two minutes after he called me and he didn't answer so I left a msg for him to call me back at my HOME phone, explained why and told him my home number. The next morning he calls again on my cell phone and of course I have no service and then he doesn't even leave a msg this time. I must have called the guy 50 times in 3 days and he never answered his phone. So today I decided to try and call another person in the company, not knowing any other phone numbers I just changed the last digit in his number to a 3 and got a woman who was very nice and also a recruiter but it just so happened it was HIS SUPERVISOR! I told her the entire situation and she got very upset telling me that is not their business practice and that he was very wrong, she apologized to me about 5 times and told me she would call me right back. Five minutes later I get a call back from her telling me he WILL be calling either within the next hour today or between 12-4pm tomorrow at my home number and if he didn't to call her again and she'd be doing the phone interview. I just hope he doesn't retaliate against me and not pass me for causing him to get into trouble for not doing his job!

I really want this position with Southwest airlines!! I am now waiting for his call back, 45 min left for today and then I'll wait again tomorrow.

Does anyone know what the next step will be after the phone interview? I am going to be moving if I get hired here so hopefully it moves quickly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

55 months ago

I applied for a p/t CSR position in nyc @ lga, Im just waiting for a positive response soon..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

54 months ago

i received this response frm SW.

Based upon your response to the questions attached to the opening, we regret to inform you that you are not a competitive candidate for the position at this time. Please continue to check the career section on www.southwest.com for future openings that may match your interest and skills.

Most of the questions tht wre askd i answrd yes as i remerd, this is
such BS, oh well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JettingtoMars in hartford, Connecticut

45 months ago

Well you could have answered yes but have nothing to show for on the resume/application. Have to make sure if you're checking off yes to the questions which are customer service related, you have something to show for. I applied for a CSR position in another state (though not sure if they are only interviewing local candidates there), and a position here in windsor locks ct. Havent heard anything from SW. I feel I will be very qualified for this position as I am currently in a public-related position where I work. In which, I am all about the customer, and service service service!

I want in! This is my dream career, just saying =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy

45 months ago

I missed my call from a recruiter on Wed. regarding a CSR position in FLL. She left a number for me to call back, which I did. I called twice that day and twice the following day (Thursday). I had to leave messages both days and have not heard anything back. I hope I didn't miss my chance with SWA just because I wasn't available the FIRST time they called!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy

45 months ago

I was able to talk to the Recruiter yesterday. She went through my application, asked questions like "Why do you want to work for Southwest?" , "What do you know about the Customer Service Representative position?" and my previous employment. She told me that there were many applicants (not a surprise!) and that I would hear back in about 3 weeks. Waiting isn't easy! But I've done it plenty of times in the past, so here I go! Wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

strait in East Windsor, Connecticut

44 months ago

Does anyone know if Southwest hires part time customer service agents? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

strait in East Windsor, Connecticut said: Does anyone know if Southwest hires part time customer service agents? Thanks!

I would think they would state in the ad. If it doesn't mention it, assume it's full time.

44 months ago

strait in East Windsor, Connecticut said: Does anyone know if Southwest hires part time customer service agents? Thanks!

but good luck trying to get in, at bradley, the guy does the interviewing, Goro, is tough to get by to get a face to face interview, ha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

SandFlysBy said: I was able to talk to the Recruiter yesterday. She went through my application, asked questions like "Why do you want to work for Southwest?" , "What do you know about the Customer Service Representative position?" and my previous employment. She told me that there were many applicants (not a surprise!) and that I would hear back in about 3 weeks. Waiting isn't easy! But I've done it plenty of times in the past, so here I go! Wish me luck!

That's the norm during a phone interview. At a face to face interview, they go through your 10 year history and if you get to that point, better have all 10 years covered. If you have a lot of jobs, better be ready to explain why so many jobs and why southwest will be your last stop in your career search

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Thanks JettingtoMars for your responses. I never see any openings at Bradley anyway.

44 months ago

there was one a month ago, I applied for that and philly. Got the call for philly, then the interview, then rejected. Few days later after the rejection from the f2f interview for philly, got an email from goro rejected for bradley without even a phone interview. He interviewed me the first time over the phone for ramp at bradley and didnt seem interested because I have no work history of physical work, the physical nature that ramp agent requires. So as soon as CSA came available, applied, and NOTHING! Unreal that dude..Probably wouldnt find a part time position tho at bradley because its a small airport with limited positions. Might have better luck at other airports and relocating if you're up for that, moving..

44 months ago

JettingtoMars in hartford, Connecticut said: there was one a month ago, I applied for that and philly. Got the call for philly, then the interview, then rejected. Few days later after the rejection from the f2f interview for philly, got an email from goro rejected for bradley without even a phone interview. He interviewed me the first time over the phone for ramp at bradley and didnt seem interested because I have no work history of physical work, the physical nature that ramp agent requires. So as soon as CSA came available, applied, and NOTHING! Unreal that dude..Probably wouldnt find a part time position tho at bradley because its a small airport with limited positions. Might have better luck at other airports and relocating if you're up for that, moving..

Try JetBlue. I think they are getting more flights this summer.

44 months ago

strait in East Windsor, Connecticut said: Try JetBlue. I think they are getting more flights this summer.

Yea it will be something to keep an eye out for, but it's still bradley which is why im looking to relocate to a bigger airport, plus I love the philly-baltimore area

mrnice79 in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

SandFlysBy said: I was able to talk to the Recruiter yesterday. She went through my application, asked questions like "Why do you want to work for Southwest?" , "What do you know about the Customer Service Representative position?" and my previous employment. She told me that there were many applicants (not a surprise!) and that I would hear back in about 3 weeks. Waiting isn't easy! But I've done it plenty of times in the past, so here I go! Wish me luck!

Did you get the job with SW?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tanarvis06 in Hollywood, Florida

8 months ago

I know this is very very old but did you ever get the job??? I work for Alamo and I'm trying to get over there now. If you get this can you email me at tanarvistennant@gmail.com. thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.