Getting hired at any position in BNA!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Brendon in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

32 months ago

Hello all folks of this GREAT resource. I have been reading things here for a couple of weeks now and I have got a better idea on how to get through the interview process. Got some questions though but first a little background of me!! I am 18 years old and live in Dearborn Heights, MI. I will be moving to Nashville, TN (BNA) in July (the sooner the better). I am a senior in High School and have Dual enrolled in college since my junior year. Upon graduation of High School I will have a FAA powerplant license and a little college credits. My dream is to be a pilot for Southwest and so I want to start to get my foot in the door as early as possible. When I move to Nashville I will be looking at the site daily to see if there are any opening in BNA, but for now I have some questions:

1) Does Southwest hire often in BNA, maybe the July time?
2) What kind of things should I put on my resume? My "Objective" currently reads:
To obtain an entry level position within Southwest airlines to show my fun-LUVIng attitude and use my training in aviation to further my career and well as the progression of Southwest airlines.
Does this seem like a common thing to put on a resume for Southwest? Is there any keywords that I could be using??
3) Is there any good reads about the interview process? I have had previous jobs but my first job at McDonald's I got in from my sister and I never really ever had a "real" interview. I had just bought the book "Nuts" I heard that helps alot.
4) Should I be talking to gate agents in BNA to try to make friendly contacts with them. I mean I am friendly and nice to anyone, but should I go the extra mile and really try to talk to them and get to know them. I also don't want to be taking any of there time if they are busy doing their job. LOL
5) What would the phone interview consist of? I know people say just basic info like explaining you resume, but what do they ask about the resume.

Any help is appreciated!!!

THANKS!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ramper in Orlando, Florida

32 months ago

BNA? Small station. You would have a better chance of getting in the company by getting hired at a big station and then transferring to open position in BNA. Monitor the careers page on the website everyday because postings dont stay up for long, maybe an hour at most. As of right now, theres an open position for ramp supervisor BNA, apply apply apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

ramper in Orlando, Florida said: BNA? Small station. You would have a better chance of getting in the company by getting hired at a big station and then transferring to open position in BNA. Monitor the careers page on the website everyday because postings dont stay up for long, maybe an hour at most. As of right now, theres an open position for ramp supervisor BNA, apply apply apply.

Ok!! I will definitely check out the big stations instead...but I am just wondering on most of the desciptions of the jobs it says that they are interviewing local candidates only. So could I apply and if I got the job move there or do I have to move there then apply?

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

32 months ago

And I dont think I can apply yet because I am still in high school and dont have my diploma yet!! I dont get it till June :(........

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.