Hello all folks of this GREAT resource. I have been reading things here for a couple of weeks now and I have got a better idea on how to get through the interview process. Got some questions though but first a little background of me!! I am 18 years old and live in Dearborn Heights, MI. I will be moving to Nashville, TN (BNA) in July (the sooner the better). I am a senior in High School and have Dual enrolled in college since my junior year. Upon graduation of High School I will have a FAA powerplant license and a little college credits. My dream is to be a pilot for Southwest and so I want to start to get my foot in the door as early as possible. When I move to Nashville I will be looking at the site daily to see if there are any opening in BNA, but for now I have some questions:
1) Does Southwest hire often in BNA, maybe the July time?
2) What kind of things should I put on my resume? My "Objective" currently reads:
To obtain an entry level position within Southwest airlines to show my fun-LUVIng attitude and use my training in aviation to further my career and well as the progression of Southwest airlines.
Does this seem like a common thing to put on a resume for Southwest? Is there any keywords that I could be using??
3) Is there any good reads about the interview process? I have had previous jobs but my first job at McDonald's I got in from my sister and I never really ever had a "real" interview. I had just bought the book "Nuts" I heard that helps alot.
4) Should I be talking to gate agents in BNA to try to make friendly contacts with them. I mean I am friendly and nice to anyone, but should I go the extra mile and really try to talk to them and get to know them. I also don't want to be taking any of there time if they are busy doing their job. LOL
5) What would the phone interview consist of? I know people say just basic info like explaining you resume, but what do they ask about the resume.
Any help is appreciated!!!