New Hire!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

airline brat in Olmsted Falls, Ohio

20 months ago

Hi everybody! I had my f2f interview this past Wednesday and was sent an email with a contingent offer the very next day. I received and email from the backround check lady asking for paystubs I sent those over and I called to make sure she received them. She said she had and my application was complete and sent to Southwest. I am so excited I am going to have quite a commute at first but in the long run I think it will be worth it for my family to be able to travel for free! I hope after so long I can put a transfer in to be closer to home. The job is for a Customer Service Agent at the airport. What will happen next? How long will it be before Southwest gets back to me about the drug screening and fingerprinting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brendon in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

18 months ago

Awesome!! Congrats on the job with Southwest.

Where did you get hired in at?

How do you like it so far?

I am trying to get in at Nashville as a operations agent!

Again congrats on the job and hope all is doing well for ya!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

maoriver in West Palm Beach, Florida

13 months ago

Brendon in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: Awesome!! Congrats on the job with Southwest.

Where did you get hired in at?

How do you like it so far?

I am trying to get in at Nashville as a operations agent!

Again congrats on the job and hope all is doing well for ya!

did u apply in nashville?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brendon M in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

13 months ago

I did back in June when they had a ramp agent and ops agent posting but I didn't apply for this current ops agent one that closed a few days ago, but I made it to the interview and everything on the one in June but I unfortunately had to deny the job because they are not exactly school friendly. They told me as a part-timer you get thrown from morning and evening and they can't guarantee that I will stay on 1 shift. So I can't do that with school. But once I graduate college here in about 3 years I will start to apply again everywhere just to get in I don't care where I live lol. I was massively bummed out because I really want in with Southwest and I am in school to become a Pilot and I want to be a Pilot for Southwest and trying to get my foot in the door. Plus I love ramp work and I want to be a ops agent!!

13 months ago

did u know somebody that apply there? I am in the waiting process.. I did everything but i dont know what to do now

13 months ago

maoriver in West Palm Beach, Florida said: did u know somebody that apply there? I am in the waiting process.. I did everything but i dont know what to do now

What have you done so far? Interview? Background check?? Where are you at in the process?

13 months ago

waiting for my BG answer..my contingent letter was July 10 and i did DT, fingerprints, ..I called the BG company and he said that he sent everything to SW .. and called him and he said that he has a lot of work so just wait. But he didnt say if and clear of my BG thing.

13 months ago

maoriver in West Palm Beach, Florida said: waiting for my BG answer..my contingent letter was July 10 and i did DT, fingerprints, ..I called the BG company and he said that he sent everything to SW .. and called him and he said that he has a lot of work so just wait. But he didnt say if and clear of my BG thing.

Well if the background check company sent everything to Southwest than all you can do now is wait. The people department are usually always extremely busy, just hang in there waiting is the hardest thing to do especially at a place like Southwest. Have you gone up to the airport police on Doneleson Pike and gotten your fingerprints for your Sida?

13 months ago

P.S. when your working and if you see the FedEx planes on the other side of the airport being loaded, that's me :) lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

They sent me to MCO (Orlando) to do the fingerprints, but I was close in fortlauderdale, fl and I did ir there. I need somebody that is waiting for this too. I remember in my interview day I saw only one guy there. Idk how many peolple they are hiring there

13 months ago

I asked they said they were hiring around 10 in nashville

13 months ago

So did you have your interview at Nashville?

13 months ago

yes

13 months ago

let me know if u know somebody

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flight Attendant in Odessa, Florida

13 months ago

Good Morning,

Does anyone know if southwest is going to hire trainee flight attendants English speaking only anytime in the near future. I would love the opportunity to apply :-))

Sam Lewis in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

Flight Attendant in Odessa, Florida said: Good Morning,

Does anyone know if southwest is going to hire trainee flight attendants English speaking only anytime in the near future. I would love the opportunity to apply :-))

You and the other 40 million. It's not that simple. Welcome to the pool.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SWA Flight Attendant in Gilbert, Arizona

9 months ago

Sam Lewis in Chicago, Illinois said: You and the other 40 million. It's not that simple. Welcome to the pool.

Southwest will be hiring 750 new Flight Attendants for 2014. They will be posting the position on Wednesday 18, 2013! You can apply only on that day when the posting becomes available at www.southwest.com/careers. Good luck to everyone! Thats all the info. I have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John312 in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

Why did you just post that publicly? We got the tip so that we could give the heads up to family and friends...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

2nd career in Los Angeles, California

9 months ago

SWA Attendant has lotsa friends here. A pilot told me in flight would be open next year, guess the people department want to get an early start.

Yannah in Nashville, Tennessee

9 months ago

Has the Flight Attendant position been posted yet?

Leah in Hialeah, Florida

9 months ago

John312 in Chicago, Illinois said: Why did you just post that publicly? We got the tip so that we could give the heads up to family and friends...

Hi John, I know that the posting closed the same day, but would you happen to know if they'll put up another one sometime next year? Just curious…It's my dream to work for Southwest. Thanks

JDO0224 in Baltimore, Maryland

8 months ago

Leah in Hialeah, Florida said: Hi John, I know that the posting closed the same day, but would you happen to know if they'll put up another one sometime next year? Just curious…It's my dream to work for Southwest. Thanks

Hi Leah- if you are looking to go inflight, I would advise working for the company first. Become an employee at the station of your choice, then after your time you can apply inflight. I haven't heard when it till go external again. They mainly hire internal before external, especially pertaining to inflight. Let me know if I can help! Josh

Leah in Hialeah, Florida

8 months ago

JDO0224 in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hi Leah- if you are looking to go inflight, I would advise working for the company first. Become an employee at the station of your choice, then after your time you can apply inflight. I haven't heard when it till go external again. They mainly hire internal before external, especially pertaining to inflight. Let me know if I can help! Josh

Thank you Josh! That sounds like the best thing to do at this point.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.