How To Pass the Phone Interview with SWA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

nagnot in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

HELP!

I've done a few phone interviews with different airlines, including Southwest. I can never pass the phone interviews. Any suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated. I heard there's a certain way to answer the questions and to even lie to pass the phone interview???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JDO0224 in Baltimore, Maryland

8 months ago

nagnot in Los Angeles, California said: HELP!

I've done a few phone interviews with different airlines, including Southwest. I can never pass the phone interviews. Any suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated. I heard there's a certain way to answer the questions and to even lie to pass the phone interview???

Hi Nagnot,

What position did you apply for?

Depending on what position you applied for is going to determine what the recruiter asks you. If you applied for Ramp, it will be questions such as Can you work outside, Why Southwest?, What do you believe are the duties of a ramp agent? What do you believe should be done in a _____ scenario. Also, a friend of mine applied for CSA, and the recruiter read through her whole resume while on the phone.

No, do not lie on an interview. Everything will come back around in some way or the other. And if you make it past the phone interview, everything you put on your resume and application WILL be checked and verified. School, Jobs, Background, Drug test.

Just be yourself! - Bring some history into the conversation. Research the airline, know the future plans, know what is currently happening.

Lastly, keep your phone on you at all times. I've heard some recruiters ask for a good call time, other emails just say "within 2 weeks".

Best luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nagnot in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.