Southwest Airline Hiring Process and Placement with Company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Christy in Pikesville, Maryland

34 months ago

HI! I recently applied to a Southwest Airline Customer Service Agent Position. Just yesterday I received an email with opportunity to schedule a phone interview. I am very excited for this opportunity, however have some questions about the process. My first question is if I am hired for the position, what will my career path in terms of promotions likely become? Is a customer service agent able transfer into the operations department with with ease? I read that a departmental transition results in loss of beniffits and seniorty. Is this true?

I am concerend that the pay is $11.52 an hour. I'd like to know what the increases look like and the max payscale for the company in this position?

Finally, I'm well prepaired to work plenty of overtime, as I need to and enjoy working. I do however have a curiosity as to what the average hourly work week for a customer service agent is? How much overtime is normally required in the Baltimore area and if people generally receieve their two days a week off?

I am exstatic with thoughts of working for Southwest. I just feel that it is important to know that I am making the best decision for myself and the company prior to moving forward! Please help me out with these answers if u can

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.