Southwest Airlines Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 118)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina

63 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: The hiring scenario is pretty much the same with all the carriers, it seems. When there is a job opening, they're deluged with applications. I have heard some airlines don't respond at all if you're not selected. Some airlines have the ability for you to check online if you've applied online at their careers site. It all depends upon their electronic sophistication and HR staffing.

By being a manager and overseeing a staff and volunteers I still treat all my people the same I would never make them feel bad or intimidate them in any way. The airlines I know is very competitive but still they should be courteous to the applicants that are called or interviewed. They owe each person at least a callback to say You are hired! right. Keep me posted on when you get into the class :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

63 months ago

Yes the recruiter was a very sad excuse for a recruiter from Oakland, CA. I found out he doesn't even work for SW Airlines, none of the recruiters do. He never ever returned a call, didn't listen to his messages and I just happened to get his supervisor when randomly calling a number. He disqualified me for the full time position because he refused to call me back within the time frame on my home number, instead he called on my cell which he was told numerous times didn't have service in my house. I just had a HORRIBLE time with this airline. I passed Delta's phone interview with flying colors and I am just waiting for an appointment at my airport. I even sent a full email explaining what happened in the form of a complaint to the recruiter's supervisor and her supervisor and he said he wanted to research and call me, which he never did. I also sent a complaint to SW airlines too. Just sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon said: Yes the recruiter was a very sad excuse for a recruiter from Oakland, CA. I found out he doesn't even work for SW Airlines, none of the recruiters do. He never ever returned a call, didn't listen to his messages and I just happened to get his supervisor when randomly calling a number. He disqualified me for the full time position because he refused to call me back within the time frame on my home number, instead he called on my cell which he was told numerous times didn't have service in my house. I just had a HORRIBLE time with this airline. I passed Delta's phone interview with flying colors and I am just waiting for an appointment at my airport. I even sent a full email explaining what happened in the form of a complaint to the recruiter's supervisor and her supervisor and he said he wanted to research and call me, which he never did. I also sent a complaint to SW airlines too. Just sad.

WOW! you did a lot. I do not blame you one bit. Well my person was from Maryland and the number displayed was a cell phone. I made attempts to call her back and left messages and NOTHING Yes it is very sad. Delta is a good airline to work for United is good too. I had a opportunity to go with them as a manager but would have to move to San Fran.. That was just to darn far to go. I still have 2 twin 16yr old daughters and 1 24yr old so although I would have loved to have taken it I will wait for another chance closer on the East Coast... Delta will pay for training etc. so you dont have to worry about that. I heard Frontier you have to pay for your training. I hope not Have a great weekend!! Gastonia has temps at 95 Yites!!

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

63 months ago

Hi there, so far Frontier does pay for training.

63 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: Hi there, so far Frontier does pay for training.

Oh ok that is great!!! well again I hope they call you very very very soon Like next week hahahhaaha

63 months ago

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Oh ok that is great!!! well again I hope they call you very very very soon Like next week hahahhaaha

IF ONLY!! :-)

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

63 months ago

Yes I did a lot because they need to stop the slacking. Its not even southwest airlines, its the outsourced company who employs these recruiters. Every single recruiter I talked to had an attitude and was plain out rude. I just really wanted this job and to get thrown out like that for absolutely no reason is crap.

63 months ago

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon said: Yes I did a lot because they need to stop the slacking. Its not even southwest airlines, its the outsourced company who employs these recruiters. Every single recruiter I talked to had an attitude and was plain out rude. I just really wanted this job and to get thrown out like that for absolutely no reason is crap.

I am with you.. I was wondering why the lady never introduced herself and at the end she said "you can call me with any questions" never revealing her name or number HECK if i did not have caller id I would have been up a creek.. Then the number displayed was a cell phone YEP I am with you and GOT ur back they are a mess Southwest should be ashamed of themselves...

MyTwoCents in Edmond, Oklahoma

62 months ago

Hey all -

Just adding my two cents! I got a phone call today from a very wonderful recruiter at Southwest. She asked me what I thought the job was about, I told her, she said "spot on". Talked with me about lots of overtime being given out (THANK GOD, I NEED THE $$$$). She was pretty much an awesome lady all around. After we finished talking she told me that I did pass the phone interview and was selected for a face to face interview (HOORAY!). It's in 10 days, so I need to know what kind of questions I should prepare myself for. This is definitely a dream job! The position is Customer Service Representative in OKC! Let me know! THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York

62 months ago

I recieved the phone interview and then was invited to the one on one in Orlando NOW WHAT?? They said they would call back in about 2 weeks. I was fingerprinted etc.. and I think the interview went well but how long do I have to wait now...

62 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: I recieved the phone interview and then was invited to the one on one in Orlando NOW WHAT?? They said they would call back in about 2 weeks. I was fingerprinted etc.. and I think the interview went well but how long do I have to wait now...

Typically, the wait period is as long as they tell you it is. If two weeks passes with no word, try contacting the recruiter. Did you get their contact info?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SunnyDayz in Flower Mound, Texas

62 months ago

MyTwoCents in Edmond, Oklahoma said: Hey all -

Just adding my two cents! I got a phone call today from a very wonderful recruiter at Southwest. She asked me what I thought the job was about, I told her, she said "spot on". Talked with me about lots of overtime being given out (THANK GOD, I NEED THE $$$$). She was pretty much an awesome lady all around. After we finished talking she told me that I did pass the phone interview and was selected for a face to face interview (HOORAY!). It's in 10 days, so I need to know what kind of questions I should prepare myself for. This is definitely a dream job! The position is Customer Service Representative in OKC! Let me know! THANKS[/QUOTE

Hi and CONGRATS !!

I got and missed the " call me back by such and such if youre still interested " call yesterday !! ( Diffrent state and position ) but Im very happy ! .. I called him back , (he called my home and not cell), and left VM that YES Im still wanting to interview .... So my question to you is you said she told you whatever you said was " spot on" to what they wanted... could you please paraphrase what you said so I can adjust and perhaps to as well as you ? Id really appreciate it , and sure alot of us on here would too !!

Again congrats ..!! What does the Customer Service Position do ? Is it ticket counter ?

62 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: Typically, the wait period is as long as they tell you it is. If two weeks passes with no word, try contacting the recruiter. Did you get their contact info?

Yes I got the info.. I will email and call..

SoonerFan in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

62 months ago

MyTwoCents in Edmond, Oklahoma said: Hey all -

Just adding my two cents! I got a phone call today from a very wonderful recruiter at Southwest. She asked me what I thought the job was about, I told her, she said "spot on". Talked with me about lots of overtime being given out (THANK GOD, I NEED THE $$$$). She was pretty much an awesome lady all around. After we finished talking she told me that I did pass the phone interview and was selected for a face to face interview (HOORAY!). It's in 10 days, so I need to know what kind of questions I should prepare myself for. This is definitely a dream job! The position is Customer Service Representative in OKC! Let me know! THANKS

Will see you at the face to face !.. Im Wednesday !! :)

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

62 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: I recieved the phone interview and then was invited to the one on one in Orlando NOW WHAT?? They said they would call back in about 2 weeks. I was fingerprinted etc.. and I think the interview went well but how long do I have to wait now...

did you get the job?

62 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: did you get the job?

Dont know yet.. they said 2 weeks and Tuesday was the 2nd week have not got a rejection letter this may be or may not be good.

62 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: Dont know yet.. they said 2 weeks and Tuesday was the 2nd week have not got a rejection letter this may be or may not be good.

How nerve wrecking. I feel the same way, and it has been 3 days, not including the weekend. I guess it is whatever God has intended. There really is nothing we can do, but hope for the best!

62 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: How nerve wrecking. I feel the same way, and it has been 3 days, not including the weekend. I guess it is whatever God has intended. There really is nothing we can do, but hope for the best!

Yep it is I am still waiting but I know that it seems if I did not get it they would be quick to send a REJECT letter or email I mean why would they be holding it................ We will see I am not hyped up anymore I just wait to see

62 months ago

Exactly! And please, anyone who has had a F2F in the last week or so, share your hiring process, so we can all rest!!!!!

SunnyDayz in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

62 months ago

.. AMEN.. !!!!! :)

62 months ago

Actually Im gonna email the person who phone interviewed me, this Friday.. I say this, because I have the feeling Im not gonna hear anything one way or another, by then !!

62 months ago

SunnyDayz in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Actually Im gonna email the person who phone interviewed me, this Friday.. I say this, because I have the feeling Im not gonna hear anything one way or another, by then !!

Yes, it is beyond frustrating. My F2F was on July 14th, and they said i would hear from them in 2 weeks. I emailed the recruiter who initially called, and she said they had their last round of interviews on Tuesday the 20th and should have a decision made by today, Friday the 23rd, and would contact me early next week. We will see. I will let all of you know!

62 months ago

I totally spaced out that today was Friday and didnt email the original phone recruiter... Im really beginning to think Im not selected tho.... Mildred, I hear ya... I was SUPER hyped and now not even thinking about it.. obviously because I forgot to email...... Well yall, I hope we ALL hear one way or another very soon and get this waiting game over !!

62 months ago

SunnyDayz in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I totally spaced out that today was Friday and didnt email the original phone recruiter... Im really beginning to think Im not selected tho.... Mildred, I hear ya... I was SUPER hyped and now not even thinking about it.. obviously because I forgot to email...... Well yall, I hope we ALL hear one way or another very soon and get this waiting game over !!

It is hard to think positive at this point. As time passes, i wonder if hey even remember me?!

jazzpianist in Dallas, Texas

61 months ago

Has anyone applied for the Network Analyst job that was posted August 5th? Any responses?

jazzpianist in Dallas, Texas

61 months ago

Well, I have found the People Department/HR number in Dallas:

two one four- seven nine two- four two one three

korporatenupe in Phoenix, Arizona

61 months ago

I applied for the Network Analyst position. Havn't heard anything yet. Do you know when they might close it.

61 months ago

Just got a email saying thanks but NO thanks!! Now I know I did good and everything seemed to be on point these people really are crazy ITS THERE LOSS!! I am a prime canidate

61 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: Just got a email saying thanks but NO thanks!! Now I know I did good and everything seemed to be on point these people really are crazy ITS THERE LOSS!! I am a prime canidate

Same thing here, and yes, it is their loss!

61 months ago

Is that not the saddest thing.. I know if you are like me we waited way past the deadline they gave us?? I am not sure what it was other than I was too qualified for the position. I thought it was 1 position but when I interviewed it was not as I expected so I wont give up I just do not want to go to the City that I interviewed in... Do you know if they will ever be hiring for Orlando area??? I wanna go there

VEGAS-ROB in North Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

I have an interview in FT LAUDERDALE FL this tuesday fora ramp agent position. i was wondering what kind of questions are asked and how many other people will be attending this same interview. It wasnt specified if this was a 1 on 1 or group session either i was told i made it to the next level of the process. any info is helpfull and ill let you guys know how it went when i get back. thanks

Judithann3 in Glendale, Arizona

61 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Southwest Airlines ?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Can you tell me where you find out about flight attendant jobs?
They never seem to be listed on their website in job openings, or am I just missing them. Any information would be appreciated. How did you find out they were hiring for flight attendants

61 months ago

Judithann3 in Glendale, Arizona said: Can you tell me where you find out about flight attendant jobs?
They never seem to be listed on their website in job openings, or am I just missing them. Any information would be appreciated. How did you find out they were hiring for flight attendants

FA jobs are few and far between. Do a search for flight attendant on their careers page. You can fill out a job search agent on SWA's careers site so you'll be notified when a job opening you're searching for comes up.

chris in Altoona, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: Just got a email saying thanks but NO thanks!! Now I know I did good and everything seemed to be on point these people really are crazy ITS THERE LOSS!! I am a prime canidate

Keep in mind that they not only hire based on qualifications but also on how they assessed your personality. I realize that you are frustrated but if you came across in the interview as you do here then that may have been a reason why you were not selected.

61 months ago

chris in Altoona, Pennsylvania said: Keep in mind that they not only hire based on qualifications but also on how they assessed your personality. I realize that you are frustrated but if you came across in the interview as you do here then that may have been a reason why you were not selected.

Chris, i do not know if you have ever worked for an airline, but it is based on experience AND personality. I was hired @ United Airlines , one of the largest carriers, and I had no experience, but it was that they saw i had potential, not a super personality. Unless you have experienced F2f Interviews, or any airline mumbo jumbo, please do not be so quick to attack.

chris in Houtzdale, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

I'm not trying to attack anybody. I have no doubt that Miltred is more than qualified based on what I've been reading, but was simply suggesting that taking a more humble route may make the road to success a bit easier.

61 months ago

chris in Houtzdale, Pennsylvania said: I'm not trying to attack anybody. I have no doubt that Miltred is more than qualified based on what I've been reading, but was simply suggesting that taking a more humble route may make the road to success a bit easier.

I have worked for an airline as well. These days, with the unemployment so high, and benefits offered by large companies, airlines are swamped with applications from highly qualified people. I have found the best thing is to engage in some reflection on what could have been different, make some adjustments if need be, and then move on. The worst thing you can do is to publicly take the "sour grapes" route.

chris in Houtzdale, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: I have worked for an airline as well. These days, with the unemployment so high, and benefits offered by large companies, airlines are swamped with applications from highly qualified people. I have found the best thing is to engage in some reflection on what could have been different, make some adjustments if need be, and then move on. The worst thing you can do is to publicly take the "sour grapes" route.

Exactly my point.

61 months ago

chris in Altoona, Pennsylvania said: Keep in mind that they not only hire based on qualifications but also on how they assessed your personality. I realize that you are frustrated but if you came across in the interview as you do here then that may have been a reason why you were not selected.

Just to let you know I have 13yrs as a F/A.. I came across just fine thank you and again I AM HUMBLE I simply said it was there loss. Maybe you need to read the answer again seems like you know everything.. but you dont I was fine thank you!! AGAIN I HAD more than enough experience it has nothing to do with experience always I think the economy is very bad and for 1 job they may have 50-100 people applying for it. I do not live in the City they were hiring in and maybe they found someone with the same qualifications but they live closer.. Quit being so stupid and find out facts before you speak.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Tyrone, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: Just to let you know I have 13yrs as a F/A.. I came across just fine thank you and again I AM HUMBLE I simply said it was there loss. Maybe you need to read the answer again seems like you know everything.. but you dont I was fine thank you!! AGAIN I HAD more than enough experience it has nothing to do with experience always I think the economy is very bad and for 1 job they may have 50-100 people applying for it. I do not live in the City they were hiring in and maybe they found someone with the same qualifications but they live closer.. Quit being so stupid and find out facts before you speak.

No need to get so defensive. I was simply making a comment based on the way I interpreted the statements I read. Dsigner and I made our point in a friendly manner with no intentions of offending or judging you and there is no need to take this any further.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

chris in Tyrone, Pennsylvania said: No need to get so defensive. I was simply making a comment based on the way I interpreted the statements I read. Dsigner and I made our point in a friendly manner with no intentions of offending or judging you and there is no need to take this any further.

You are so right Chris. When you signed up on the forum you have to know what you are talking about before you throw judgement. My personality is very good might I say! and I have a pleasant attitude and demeanor. Again I also have worked for a major airline for a very long time. I do not think that I would have gotten as far as I have with a bad attitude. All I am saying to you is this! If you do not have experience or have worked for a major airline and interviewed for a job then what you might do is listen to what others are saying and ask questions instead of commenting on things that you have NO experience in. It is just like if you are a women and have not had a baby you can not tell another mom what she needs to do to have one.. This conversation is over but for the future you will be eaten alive on the forum if you keep giving advice with something you do not know about...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: You are so right Chris. When you signed up on the forum you have to know what you are talking about before you throw judgement. My personality is very good might I say! and I have a pleasant attitude and demeanor. Again I also have worked for a major airline for a very long time. I do not think that I would have gotten as far as I have with a bad attitude. All I am saying to you is this! If you do not have experience or have worked for a major airline and interviewed for a job then what you might do is listen to what others are saying and ask questions instead of commenting on things that you have NO experience in. It is just like if you are a women and have not had a baby you can not tell another mom what she needs to do to have one.. This conversation is over but for the future you will be eaten alive on the forum if you keep giving advice with something you do not know about...

Amen Mildred.

61 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: Amen Mildred.

WE KNOW RIGHT!! :) smile..

61 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: WE KNOW RIGHT!! :) smile..

All too well. I am now awaiting a F2F with Delta in DFW for Ramp Agent. We shall see! Gotta try them all!

61 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: WE KNOW RIGHT!! :) smile..

You two are making assumptions that just because someone offers constructive advice that they don't or haven't had the same experience you have.

For the record, in addition to saying "that's their loss", Mildred also said "these people really are crazy". This forum is supposed to be for support and information, not name calling and making suppositions about people you don't know.

That's the best way to avoid any personal growth.

There are many of us on this site with significant airline experience and customer service experience and training, among other qualifications.

We've also suffered the rejections that come along with a job search. Nobody has a monopoly on the feelings that come with it. The best we can do is move along with a bit of dignity and try not to strip it from others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: You two are making assumptions that just because someone offers constructive advice that they don't or haven't had the same experience you have.

For the record, in addition to saying "that's their loss", Mildred also said "these people really are crazy". This forum is supposed to be for support and information, not name calling and making suppositions about people you don't know.

There are many of us on this site with significant airline experience and customer service experience and training, among other qualifications.

We've also suffered the rejections that come along with a job search. Nobody has a monopoly on the feelings that come with it. The best we can do is move along with a bit of dignity and try not to strip it from others.

When you say us two, i must reply, and my reply is, what Mildred said must not apply to you.

61 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: All too well. I am now awaiting a F2F with Delta in DFW for Ramp Agent. We shall see! Gotta try them all!

GOOD LUCK TO U!!

61 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: You two are making assumptions that just because someone offers constructive advice that they don't or haven't had the same experience you have.

Denver, do you have any idea what constructive criticism is? well to let you know a person giving constructive criticism to another person is trying to help them see what they did wrong BUT that person has first hand knowledge of what the other person did in order to talk to them and guide them on the right path... CHRIS was not giving me constructive criticm but was assumming that I had a bad attitude etc. I am sorry that you do not feel the same way that others feel when it comes to helping people on the forum VS assuming. I can assume by what you have said that you dont understand my comment but instead I rather explain more to you so that you can understand. That is how the forum is suppose to be. Listeining and understanding. We all need help in getting a job so why not try and help each other the right way....

61 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: Denver, do you have any idea what constructive criticism is?

I think Chris was trying to tell you that your post sounded like sour grapes, instead of trying to process what happened and move on. Public posts are fine for asking for help and offering resources and advice.

None of us on these forums knows much about the other except by what we post.

In one way or another we vent about the pain of not being hired, especially after a long process. A public forum is not the place to do that.

Yes, I know what the term "constructive criticism" is. It's a formerly used term for constructive feedback. For years I taught customer service and hospitality to small and large businesses and volunteer groups.

About moving on? Here's an example. I had filled out an application to an airline, a couple of months later received an on-line assessment, then a phone interview a few weeks later. A week after that, I was called and given two days to fly out to my F2F on my own dime. It cost me $500.00 just for my plane ticket. There were 20 of us interviewed in a day-long process.

I received a form letter rejection e-mail. Was I disappointed? I was devastated. I thought after all that, hiring was a formality. Believe me, there was venting, self-pity, and grief.

But I was not about to go online with it. There is nothing to be gained. What it will do is perhaps give people the wrong impression about you. So you get over it and move on. And perhaps accept constructive feedback.

61 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: GOOD LUCK TO U!!

Thank You!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.