Southwest Airlines Reservation Call Center in Phoenix

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

bobnphx in tempe, Arizona

60 months ago

Hi All,

I interviewed at SW for the position of a reservtaion agent. I was called and offered the job after background check/drug test cleared. Training starts in December and I am super excited............EXCEPT..I got a new hire email today talking about training. We travel to Dallas (to headquarters) for 3 days for orientation. While in Dallas, we will have roomates at the hotel. Is it just me or is that just creepy? I mean, I know it's a tough economy, but come on......bunking w/ a complete stranger?

I could never feel like I could truly relax with someone else in the room, unless the person was already a friend. There are those moments when you want to have a personal conversation with a spouse, or you want to watch what you want to watch on the tv, or you just want to go to the restroom without being concerned about what the other person might hear or smell. EWWWW!!!
The idea of also having to share my sleeping, showering, dressing, and relaxing time with a coworker, let alone a stranger ,just makes me shudder.

The company is sending me away from home, so I should be able to have some free time after done training for the day. Hell, it is hard enough for me to sleep in a strange bed/room/town. I certainly wouldn't be able to sleep with a strange person in the room.

People are vulnerable when they sleep. They may talk in their sleep, they may walk in their sleep, they may drool or do other unpleasant things that they don't want co-workers to know about. Shared sleeping space (with someone other than an intimate) increases the normal vulnerability associated with sleep-time.

I checked w/ the hotel and there was no separate rate set up for those who wish to get their own room. The rate is pretty high...it is a 4 star hotel. I mean, if I pay for it myself, that's a week's salary. What do you guys think? I have not addressed HR at this point because I do not want to make waves (as a newbie) HELP!!!!
Bob in PHX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

minniemary1 in Buffalo, New York

59 months ago

bobnphx in tempe, Arizona said: Hi All,

I interviewed at SW for the position of a reservtaion agent. I was called and offered the job after background check/drug test cleared. Training starts in December and I am super excited............EXCEPT..I got a new hire email today talking about training. We travel to Dallas (to headquarters) for 3 days for orientation. While in Dallas, we will have roomates at the hotel. Is it just me or is that just creepy? I mean, I know it's a tough economy, but come on......bunking w/ a complete stranger?

I could never feel like I could truly relax with someone else in the room, unless the person was already a friend. There are those moments when you want to have a personal conversation with a spouse, or you want to watch what you want to watch on the tv, or you just want to go to the restroom without being concerned about what the other person might hear or smell. EWWWW!!!
The idea of also having to share my sleeping, showering, dressing, and relaxing time with a coworker, let alone a stranger ,just makes me shudder.

The company is sending me away from home, so I should be able to have some free time after done training for the day. Hell, it is hard enough for me to sleep in a strange bed/room/town. I certainly wouldn't be able to sleep with a strange person in the room.

People are vulnerable when they sleep. They may talk in their sleep, they may walk in their sleep, they may drool or do other unpleasant things that they don't want co-workers to know about. Shared sleeping space (with someone other than an intimate) increases the normal vulnerability associated with sleep-time.

I checked w/ the hotel and there was no separate rate set up for those who wish to get their own room. The rate is pretty high...it is a 4 star hotel. I mean, if I pay for it myself, that's a week's salary. What do you guys think? I have not addressed HR at this point because I do not want to make waves (as a newbie) HELP!!!!
Bob in P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

minniemary1 in Buffalo, New York

59 months ago

minniemary1 in Buffalo, New York said:

As A former employeee of SWA, that is what they do when you go to Dallas. No, you really dont know the person you are rooming with, but you will, and it isn't too bad. I had to be there for a Customer Service position for I think it was 2 weeks and then I went for inflight training for 4 weeks!!! I no longer work for them as I got injured and had back surgery, so there went the job:( I must say though, it was the best company to work for and they really appreciate the employees. Pay is really good after a couple years. They also match 401k at 7.3% Also good vacation time. I never needed their healthcare, so I got reimbursed. I really wish I could still be there, so dont worry about rooming with someone. Get to know them and remember, they don't know you either... Good luck and enjoy your new job...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

hashley in San Marcos, Texas

59 months ago

I was wondering if you could give me some insights on the interview process. I have an interview on Thursday in Albuquerque and from what I gather it consist of situational interview questions. Can you give me anymore information?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris M L in Texas

59 months ago

hashley in San Marcos, Texas said: I was wondering if you could give me some insights on the interview process. I have an interview on Thursday in Albuquerque and from what I gather it consist of situational interview questions. Can you give me anymore information?

Ashley,
How did it go in Albuquerque. I'm happy for you that you got thru to the interview process. I applied for the same position but unfortunately, didn't get called. I don't know if my resume just didn't cut it but I believe I was/am very qualified. Things happen for a reason so no biggy, maybe my calling is for another position. But please let me know how it went and what the interviewing process was like. Best of luck for the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hashley in San Marcos, Texas

59 months ago

It went very well. I was extremely surprised at the interview process and how it was not imtimidating at all. Everyone was just so friendly and the interview didn't seem like an interview at all. The first part the recruiter went over my work history. And from there she basicly described what they were looking for and asked me some questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris M L in Texas

59 months ago

Great, good to hear it was not intimidating. If at all possible, when you have time, would you please email me @ chris@elpasoproperty.net. I'm still curious, have a few questions and would like some details. I'm confident that eventually, I'll get an interview opportunity. Thanks so much, in advance. Good luck with the call back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sunshine3200 in San Diego, California

46 months ago

bobinphx how was training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Loren in Albuquerque, New Mexico

43 months ago

hashley in San Marcos, Texas said: I was wondering if you could give me some insights on the interview process. I have an interview on Thursday in Albuquerque and from what I gather it consist of situational interview questions. Can you give me anymore information?

Hi,
I've been dying to apply at the SWA center here in Albuquerque for a few years but I can't seem to find where I need to apply. Would you be able to help me with that?? Thanks in advance!

wanna travel in San Antonio, Texas

40 months ago

Loren in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Hi,
I've been dying to apply at the SWA center here in Albuquerque for a few years but I can't seem to find where I need to apply. Would you be able to help me with that?? Thanks in advance!

You have to check on the SWA website in the careers section everyday. Sometimes the posts are only up for a couple of hours...best of luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Faith_chicago in Chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

How is it working in the call center? Is the money good?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

KP in San Antonio, Texas

33 months ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew where to apply for the call center here in San Antonio?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nyzlilangel in San Antonio, Texas

31 months ago

KP in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi I was wondering if anyone knew where to apply for the call center here in San Antonio?

i dont think they started to hire in san antonio yet i live near the location they are going to use and it looks like there still fixing the place up...

joyce joyce in DALLAS, Texas

9 months ago

Does anyone know the salary or hourly rates for most customer service/call center positions at southwest?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.