Training in Dallas (Ramp Agent)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

SMKevin22 in Folsom, California

14 months ago

I'm going to be heading to Dallas, TX for a week of training later this month. I'm a part time ramp agent. What should I expect heading out there? Anything I should be prepared for? What's the hours like and are the classes tough? What are rules I need to know about?

Has anybody been through the training out in Dallas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nigel1995 in New Orleans, Louisiana

14 months ago

Hey we might be in Training together, I'm asking myself these same questions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

In4am0spun in Mountain View, California

14 months ago

Class is fun, with the right trainer. Your up @530 if your going to eat breakfast and class is typically from 730-4

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AA in Orlando, Florida

13 months ago

Do you get a test on all codes? And what other tests are there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John312 in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

G said: No don't need to know them

Of course you need to know city codes. It's probably the most fundamental thing you'll need to know in order to perform the job.

2nd career

13 months ago

SMKevin22 in Folsom, California said: I'm going to be heading to Dallas, TX for a week of training later this month. I'm a part time ramp agent. What should I expect heading out there? Anything I should be prepared for? What's the hours like and are the classes tough? What are rules I need to know about?

Has anybody been through the training out in Dallas?

Where do they put you up?

Theboss in Florida

13 months ago

Motel 6

John312 in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

Not Motel 6...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theboss in Florida

13 months ago

I was jk

Theboss in Florida

13 months ago

I did a phone interview today and from looking on the Internet it says you clean the plane. However people on this site say they hire out.

In4am0spun in Mountain View, California

13 months ago

Theboss in Florida said: I did a phone interview today and from looking on the Internet it says you clean the plane. However people on this site say they hire out.

Cleaning the plane is done overnight by contractors, through out the day tho, there's certain agents that take out the trash for every inbound, flight attendants pick up the trash left behind every flight

FloridaA in Florida

13 months ago

Thanks that helps me out

mkdsk101 in Corinth, New York

13 months ago

When training in Dallas do have your own hotel room?

Rsw-JetBlue man in Florida

13 months ago

No

13 months ago

With someone

13 months ago

And ramp is just 6 or 7 days. Ticket is 12 or 14

13 months ago

Rsw-JetBlue man in Florida said: And ramp is just 6 or 7 days. Ticket is 12 or 14

What kind of ramp training is done in Dallas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Rsw-JetBlue man in Florida said: With someone

That turns me off right away to even apply for the job. Sharing a hotel room with a complete stranger is I am not doing. Oh well.

13 months ago

Well it's with some you work with, you will know them for about two weeks by then. You can pay for your Owen room but it's about 125 night 6 nights

Joe T. in Manchester, New Hampshire

12 months ago

mkdsk101 in Corinth, New York said: What kind of ramp training is done in Dallas?

I'm just into my 7th month with SWA (2 years ramp) so just completed probation period.
Hotels in Dallas are nice, at class you get a SWA Visa to use on food, I believe it was like $80 also the hotel I was at we got $10/day food voucher for the restaurant in house. Typically you get a roommate, I lucked out and had a room to myself. Roommate is usually another from same station as you.
First day you will go to FLY class where they go over SWA history, culture, insight and some speakers go over insurance, benefits, stuff like that. At the start of ramp class, it's all classroom, my airport codes were done before I left for Dallas, all on computer at work. Study, have fun and keep positive it goes by quick but a great time it is for sure!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

tpin94 in Lockport, Illinois

1 month ago

Joe T. in Manchester, New Hampshire said: I'm just into my 7th month with SWA (2 years ramp) so just completed probation period.
Hotels in Dallas are nice, at class you get a SWA Visa to use on food , I believe it was like $80 also the hotel I was at we got $10/day food voucher for the restaurant in house. Typically you get a roommate, I lucked out and had a room to myself. Roommate is usually another from same station as you.
First day you will go to FLY class where they go over SWA history, culture, insight and some speakers go over insurance , benefits, stuff like that. At the start of ramp class, it's all classroom, my airport codes were done before I left for Dallas, all on computer at work. Study, have fun and keep positive it goes by quick but a great time it is for sure!

hey I rexe a contingent letter saying I was hired pending my background check how long should the bg check take & also can you please explain to me how vacation time works????

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.