Training in Dallas (Ramp Agent)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

SMKevin22 in Folsom, California

51 months ago

I'm going to be heading to Dallas, TX for a week of training later this month. I'm a part time ramp agent. What should I expect heading out there? Anything I should be prepared for? What's the hours like and are the classes tough? What are rules I need to know about?

Has anybody been through the training out in Dallas?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Theboss in Florida

49 months ago

Motel 6

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

mkdsk101 in Corinth, New York

49 months ago

Rsw-JetBlue man in Florida said: And ramp is just 6 or 7 days. Ticket is 12 or 14

What kind of ramp training is done in Dallas?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Joe T. in Manchester, New Hampshire

48 months ago

mkdsk101 in Corinth, New York said: What kind of ramp training is done in Dallas?

I'm just into my 7th month with SWA (2 years ramp) so just completed probation period.
Hotels in Dallas are nice, at class you get a SWA Visa to use on food, I believe it was like $80 also the hotel I was at we got $10/day food voucher for the restaurant in house. Typically you get a roommate, I lucked out and had a room to myself. Roommate is usually another from same station as you.
First day you will go to FLY class where they go over SWA history, culture, insight and some speakers go over insurance, benefits, stuff like that. At the start of ramp class, it's all classroom, my airport codes were done before I left for Dallas, all on computer at work. Study, have fun and keep positive it goes by quick but a great time it is for sure!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

tpin94 in Lockport, Illinois

37 months ago

Joe T. in Manchester, New Hampshire said: I'm just into my 7th month with SWA (2 years ramp) so just completed probation period.
Hotels in Dallas are nice, at class you get a SWA Visa to use on food , I believe it was like $80 also the hotel I was at we got $10/day food voucher for the restaurant in house. Typically you get a roommate, I lucked out and had a room to myself. Roommate is usually another from same station as you.
First day you will go to FLY class where they go over SWA history, culture, insight and some speakers go over insurance , benefits, stuff like that. At the start of ramp class, it's all classroom, my airport codes were done before I left for Dallas, all on computer at work. Study, have fun and keep positive it goes by quick but a great time it is for sure!

hey I rexe a contingent letter saying I was hired pending my background check how long should the bg check take & also can you please explain to me how vacation time works????

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

bsmith44 in New Philadelphia, Ohio

34 months ago

Pending bg check and drug test, I should be going to dallas for operations agent training. How do you get around down there? Do you get a rental car? Also, I take medicine when traveling which my wife usually administers thru injection. Would southwest allow for her to travel with me for the week? Obviously she wouldn't be paid for by the company but I'm just checking to see. I see someone said something about a roommate. How large are the training classes usually? Also, are written exams hard? Is there anything I should study? Which hotel were some of you put up in?

Thanks for the answers!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

MmoodyAZ in Queen Creek, Arizona

27 months ago

Rsw-JetBlue man in Florida said: Well it's with some you work with, you will know them for about two weeks by then. You can pay for your Owen room but it's about 125 night 6 nights

People who complain about sharing a room make me laugh. It's not like you're sharing a bed there must be something terribly wrong with the person who is so against sharing a room with a coworker for about a week. You get a job with a great company where you can work for the rest of your life with benefits that compare to or are better than a state or government job and sharing a room with someone is that much of a concern? Haha what a joke.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

baddie bey in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

MmoodyAZ in Queen Creek, Arizona said: People who complain about sharing a room make me laugh. It's not like you're sharing a bed there must be something terribly wrong with the person who is so against sharing a room with a coworker for about a week. You get a job with a great company where you can work for the rest of your life with benefits that compare to or are better than a state or government job and sharing a room with someone is that much of a concern? Haha what a joke.

Wow you are negative! Who would want to share a room with a stranger? You have to share a bathroom with someone you don't know and/or may have strange habits. You must be nasty to be okay with that. BUT, you don't share a room during training.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Daniel G. in Lubbock, Texas

25 months ago

I am currently working as a ramp agent at another company. I read about Southwest and I loved it. I applied and I have to call back to get a phone interview, I don't even know if I can take the job. I have no car of my own and the position sounded pretty good, 3 months working at this company. The training sounded good almost a week, can't beat that. I kind of already know the city codes, just need to study more. I have my off days at this job. I just wished Southwest had a position here for me, I would take it in a minute. Don't you take a shuttle from the hotel to Love Field, where is the training going to be at?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

joshuarobles in Orlando, Florida

24 months ago

Hey guys if I go to Dallas and take my city codes test and fail it would they let me go even if I have a learning disability? I really don't wanna mess up this opportunity!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

mattbos in Massachusetts

24 months ago

Joshua Robles in Orlando, Florida said: Hey guys if I go to Dallas and take my city codes test and fail it would they let me go even if I have a learning disability? I really don't wanna mess up this opportunity!

They will make reasonable accommodations for your disability, but you still have to be able to perform all task and pass all test as your peers.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

joshuarobles in Orlando, Florida

24 months ago

Okay I just got a call today and they schedule me to take my picture for my badge at the ticket counter do u know what the next step after that? I did my fingerprints and drug test last week

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

ramrod90 in Allen, Texas

21 months ago

Green74 in Mesquite, Texas said: Just got hired on at SWA in Dallas as a Ramp Agent, just wondering what might be on the training test that I might get a head start on studying? Airport Codes? All of them? Thanks

I just got hired on as well. At this point I finished all my background check stuff. I'm still waiting on my welcome letter. Did you get a date for training yet?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

mattbos in Massachusetts

21 months ago

Green74 in Mesquite, Texas said: Just got hired on at SWA in Dallas as a Ramp Agent, just wondering what might be on the training test that I might get a head start on studying? Airport Codes? All of them? Thanks

Yes, all of them. You'll be expected to know every single one for the test. Outside of that everything else you're tested on they'll teach you. It's mostly stuff like how to fill out paperwork properly, proper procedures, etc.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Gsusa01 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

mattbos in Massachusetts said: Yes, all of them. You'll be expected to know every single one for the test. Outside of that everything else you're tested on they'll teach you. It's mostly stuff like how to fill out paperwork properly, proper procedures, etc.

Hey Mat, I just got one question, I will be starting soon at the BOS location as a CSR, and I just have one question, how airport codes test given and if you can give any tips it would really help out. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

mattbos in Massachusetts

21 months ago

Gsusa01 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hey Mat, I just got one question, I will be starting soon at the BOS location as a CSR, and I just have one question, how airport codes test given and if you can give any tips it would really help out. Thanks

I was given paper test and then my final test was on the computer. I download the quizlet app from the AppStore and they specifically have an SWA city codes test, I found that the most helpful. Outside of that they tell you everything else you need to know. Don't stress to much and welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Gsusa01 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

mattbos in Massachusetts said: I was given paper test and then my final test was on the computer. I download the quizlet app from the AppStore and they specifically have an SWA city codes test, I found that the most helpful. Outside of that they tell you everything else you need to know. Don't stress to much and welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for the advice, I just have one more question about the airport test, what's the passing score, and can you give an example of how the test is. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

AmericanAbroad in Calgary, Alberta

21 months ago

If you're looking for an airport quiz there is one at www.flightattendantlobby.com/airport-code-quiz/ that people have found useful.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

donrtch5 in Ashburn, Virginia

18 months ago

what do I need to study now to prepare for dallas? what is on the test other than the airport codes?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Keyfew in Mcdonough, Georgia

12 months ago

Hello I am heading to Dallas for training customer service representative what type of things should I study now I know one is airport codes what else do they test you on

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

ashleyrapolla in Ellicott City, Maryland

7 months ago

Keyfew in Mcdonough, Georgia said: Hello I am heading to Dallas for training customer service representative what type of things should I study now I know one is airport codes what else do they test you on

hi idk how to get started with trying to be a flight attended, if you could help!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Victor in Littleton, Colorado

3 months ago

Has anyone token the ramp agent code test and was it hard?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Victor in Littleton, Colorado

3 months ago

I meant taken lol

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

deenice in Baltimore, Maryland

1 month ago

What do i need to study for a ramp agent and what is pass or fail how many changes do they give you to pass

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.