WN Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Chelle in Mission Viejo, California

35 months ago

Did anybody get a phone interview for ONT? Or know what is going on? I applied a couple of weeks ago, received email, did phone interview. Phone interview went great last week. Advised it will take up to 4 weeks...yikes! Recruiter called back next day and asked a few more questions. Told to be patient, its just gonna take them some time to get thru all interviews. So, is this a good or bad sign? Cause it seems that everybody is getting a f2f interview on the initial phone interview, from what I am reading. Or is it handled different since it is a small station? Should I just give up and move on?

I appreciate all input...really need it!!! Thanks :0)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in O Fallon, Missouri

35 months ago

Hello Chelle,

I have sat in a seminar that contained a panel of 7 Human Resource Managers and Directors that were from large corporations, BJC Hospital, to small companies and even recruiters, they all agreed that the process of finding employees to hire is more cumbersome and processing all the applications is longer than it has been in decades. It is a bad sign that the unemployed workers are still struggling to find a job and the companies are really sticking to selecting applicants that meet ALL qualification requirements. If the applicant submits an application and does not meet the qualifications their application does not even get the 4 seconds HR managers are spending skimming the massive amount of papers to review. The normal processing time can take up to 8 weeks maximum and 5 weeks minimum for the position to be filled. The HR director of BJC hospital said his company received over 7,000 resumes in a quarter for just ONE position! That is unheard of and very overwhelming especially for HR, no offense, but their job is to strategically process there job tasks thoroughly which can take an extremely long time. I think it is a good sign that you received a phone interview because that means you are in the top running applicants that are being considered. HR would not waste their time, even with a phone interview these days, if you were not a possibility. DON'T GIVE UP UNTIL YOU HEAR THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CHOSEN! I know it is distraunting and even a negative hit to the self esteem for ourselves but this is truely the case scenerio now due to the economy on the verge of a depression and the unemployment rate being the highest since the Great Depression. I would advise that you keep applying to other companies for positions too so that you can have a back door plan should you not be chosen for this job, God lets hope not, but that way you won't have to wait another full 5 to 8 weeks just for your application to be processed again. Good Luck. Jay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

One more comment regarding this topic is that applying, hunting, searching, and getting out on the street to find a job these days is extremely tiresome and a huge amount of effort. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chelle in Mission Viejo, California

35 months ago

Mr. Jay,

Thank you sooo much for your encouraging words! I really do appreciate it. I used to work for an airline a looooooong time ago.

However, if any airline picked me up today, no skills in that type of industry would be lost. Trust me. These other jobs that I have acquired over the years, they have no idea on how to handle a person who have real standards for customer service, and prove it by their actions. I don't just talk, I actually walk the walk.
That is one of the reasons why I want to get back in the industry. All these other companies lack drive!
At my current job, I am such a go-getter it is blowing my manager's mind, where I am beginning to make him look bad. It is so sad, he is trying to catch up with me...lol

A great quality that I love about myself is that I am the glue where I work. I am a friend, counselor, therapist, motivator, confidant...and what I am proud of to say the most, I am a leader!

I am confident when an airline is ready, they will realize they have a true gem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

It is actually Mrs. Jay.... LOL!!! No offense taken I am know to be an aggressive business woman and a straight shooter too. No playing around with what I do.... Time is money and there is no time for anything else....however that is not how my life is but that is the sick disease of the workaholic within me that keeps me faithly in that frame of mind for when the day comes and I can fall off the wagon again, so to speak. LOL!
The airline is only going to be ready for you when you make it very apparent, daily and weekly persistant inquiries on the status of your application (making sure you are heard and your name is stuck in their head), and a strong cover letter focusing on your real standards for customer service and examples of how you performed that in your current position. You have the desire and the motivation so I am confident you will get what you go after. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SWA Flight Attendant in Gilbert, Arizona

9 months ago

Jay in O Fallon, Missouri said: It is actually Mrs. Jay.... LOL!!! No offense taken I am know to be an aggressive business woman and a straight shooter too. No playing around with what I do.... Time is money and there is no time for anything else....however that is not how my life is but that is the sick disease of the workaholic within me that keeps me faithly in that frame of mind for when the day comes and I can fall off the wagon again, so to speak. LOL!
The airline is only going to be ready for you when you make it very apparent, daily and weekly persistant inquiries on the status of your application (making sure you are heard and your name is stuck in their head), and a strong cover letter focusing on your real standards for customer service and examples of how you performed that in your current position. You have the desire and the motivation so I am confident you will get what you go after. Good luck.

Southwest will be hiring 750 new Flight Attendants for 2014. They will be posting the position on Wednesday 18, 2013! You can apply only on that day when the posting becomes available at www.southwest.com/careers. Good luck to everyone! Thats all the info. I have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John312 in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

SWA Flight Attendant in Gilbert, Arizona said: Southwest will be hiring 750 new Flight Attendants for 2014. They will be posting the position on Wednesday 18, 2013! You can apply only on that day when the posting becomes available at www.southwest.com/careers . Good luck to everyone! Thats all the info. I have.

Again, you're not supposed to go and just post this publicly. We were given this information in confidentiality to notify family and friends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.