How long is the background check?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 82)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Virisbear in Hayward, California

6 months ago

I had my F2F and finger prints last Monday. I did the drug test but haven't hear back from sterling.. I did a review on my job and I had mad a mistake on one of my dates for my previous job.. will that be a probably ? I want to fix it but don't want to bother them but I'd figured I'd wait to hear back from sterling .. any advice?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Yoshi92 in Oakland, California

6 months ago

You could definitely give sterling a call and ask about your back ground just to give you a relief .

Reply - Report abuse

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

6 months ago

Virisbear in Hayward, California said: I had my F2F and finger prints last Monday. I did the drug test but haven't hear back from sterling.. I did a review on my job and I had mad a mistake on one of my dates for my previous job.. will that be a probably ? I want to fix it but don't want to bother them but I'd figured I'd wait to hear back from sterling .. any advice?

I have had background checks take as long as a month. It depends on the job, the position and the company doing the background check. If there is a problem, they (usually) will call.

Going forward, you need to save everything now, from all your employers: paystubs, W2s, Performance Reviews, etc. Keep it in a safe place. My sister once had to "prove it" that she once worked for a bank that went out-of-business. They are getting tougher on this.

Reply - Report abuse

Anxious in San Leandro, California

6 months ago

So I called sterling and they said they completed the background check on march 15th. I called southwest today march 21st and they said my drug test passed but still waiting on my background check. Still hope? If they didn't select me for some reason would they have called me by now ?

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I have had background checks take as long as a month. It depends on the job, the position and the company doing the background check. If there is a problem, they (usually) will call.

Going forward, you need to save everything now, from all your employers: paystubs, W2s, Performance Reviews, etc. Keep it in a safe place. My sister once had to "prove it" that she once worked for a bank that went out-of- business . They are getting tougher on this.

Reply - Report abuse

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

Anxious in San Leandro, California said: So I called sterling and they said they completed the background check on march 15th. I called southwest today march 21st and they said my drug test passed but still waiting on my background check. Still hope? If they didn't select me for some reason would they have called me by now ?

Hello. I am in same boat drug test and fingerprints cleared 3/14/17
Called Sterling and they said my BC was completed in the 21st...mu recruiter said swa does a final audit...was not told outcome of BC just that it was completed...waiting process...have you heard anything yet

Reply - Report abuse

qmon in Schenectady, New York

6 months ago

Be patient, I was in the same boat as you, it took about 30 days

Reply - Report abuse

Anxious in Hayward, California

6 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hello. I am in same boat drug test and fingerprints cleared 3/14/17
Called Sterling and they said my BC was completed in the 21st...mu recruiter said swa does a final audit...was not told outcome of BC just that it was completed...waiting process...have you heard anything yet

Haven't heard anything yet.. let me know when you do and I'll post also !! Thanks everyone

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

qmon in Schenectady, New York said: Be patient, I was in the same boat as you, it took about 30 days

Thanks !! Def helps!!

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

@ anxious in Hayward...how long has it been for you...and what stage of the wait process are You? @qmon..
You waited 30 days from what point and when did You start with southwest? Thank you both for reaponding

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: @ anxious in Hayward...how long has it been for you...and what stage of the wait process are You? @qmon..
You waited 30 days from what point and when did You start with southwest? Thank you both for reaponding

2/27 phone interview
3/6 f2f then fingerprints . They said they gonna do my background check and I went for my drug test my next day

Now I'm just waiting to hear from southwest hoping everything is cleared

What stage are you in?

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

@ RubyDeefor the background to clear, everyone's case is different. I have a start date of this coming Monday, I fly to Baltimore for a week for some Federal Training and to get my ID badge. Best of luck to you

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

@qmon...Thank you...will you be working in Baltimore and when are you scheduled for Dallas...how long did it take you to get the call after everything cleared

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Anxious in Hayward, California said: 2/27 phone interview
3/6 f2f then fingerprints . They said they gonna do my background check and I went for my drug test my next day

Now I'm just waiting to hear from southwest hoping everything is cleared

What stage are you in?

Same...just waiting to hear from swa...bc completed 3/21...dt and do cleared 3/12

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: @qmon...Thank you...will you be working in Baltimore and when are you scheduled for Dallas...how long did it take you to get the call after everything cleared

I'll be working in Albany, NY. As for Dallas, not sure, I do some training at the station for 2 weeks or so, then Dallas, whenever there's another ramp class. It took about 2-3 days after I got the all clear for Southwest to email some information.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Same...just waiting to hear from swa...bc completed 3/21...dt and do cleared 3/12

I got an email yesterday to verify some employment which I just emailed over today?
Have you heard anything ?

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

My background already complete...just waiting

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: My background already complete...just waiting

Southwest CSA
-Applied 1/11/17
-Phone Interview 2/16/17
-Face to Face 3/1/17
-Initiate Background & Fingerprint 3/1/17
-Sterling asked for job info 3/6/17
-Drug test 3/8/17
-Background completed (Sterling ) 3/15/17
-Southwest requested job info sent it right
over 3/27/17
-Southwest called with start date for April 10. 3/28/17

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Wow...ok..
Congrats...what location

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Wow...ok..
Congrats...what location

Thanks & OAK .

Reply - Report abuse

max in Tampa, Florida

6 months ago

I called sterling and my background was clearwd the 3/23/17 and sent to Southwest still waiting

Reply - Report abuse

max in Tampa, Florida

6 months ago

I contact my coordinator and she send me this info

Thank you for reaching out to me. You are still in the background process. It can generally take anywhere from 30-45 days. Once the background company has completed the verification of your information, they will send it over to the SWA Background department to review. Once that step happens, you will either receive a “Pre-Adverse” Letter that requires you to contact SWA within 5 days or I will receive an email stating that you have passed. If you receive the Pre-Adverse Letter, do not fret – just email or call and leave a message with the representative they leave in the email. They do get pretty busy sometimes, so as long as you email or call and leave a message within the 5 day timeframe, you are still eligible.

Reply - Report abuse

max in Tampa, Florida

6 months ago

max in Tampa, Florida said: I contact my coordinator and she send me this info

Thank you for reaching out to me. You are still in the background process. It can generally take anywhere from 30-45 days. Once the background company has completed the verification of your information, they will send it over to the SWA Background department to review. Once that step happens, you will either receive a “Pre-Adverse” Letter that requires you to contact SWA within 5 days or I will receive an email stating that you have passed. If you receive the Pre-Adverse Letter, do not fret – just email or call and leave a message with the representative they leave in the email. They do get pretty busy sometimes, so as long as you email or call and leave a message within the 5 day timeframe, you are still eligible.

I emailed her on the 27 still waiting anxiously

Reply - Report abuse

max in Tampa, Florida

6 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: My background already complete...just waiting

Did you hear back anything

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

That is basically the same thing I was told...i guess we can just stress and wait together...lol...what airport did you apply to

Reply - Report abuse

max in Tampa, Florida

6 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: That is basically the same thing I was told...i guess we can just stress and wait together...lol...what airport did you apply to

Fll what airport did you apply to?????

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Yoshi92 in Oakland, California said: Thanks & OAK .

Hopefully...i will hear something soon...

Reply - Report abuse

max in South Carolina

5 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hopefully...i will hear something soon...

Did u hear anything I got a email a pre adverse letter

Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

I have not heard anything yet...what did your letter say

Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

I got an email and a pre adverse letter too...Sterling did not verify anything...i will call swa in the am and keep you posted

Reply - Report abuse

max in South Carolina

5 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I got an email and a pre adverse letter too...Sterling did not verify anything...i will call swa in the am and keep you posted

The same thing happen to me ruby sterling seems to be joking and send crap over to Southwest so we have to call to find out what else they need keep me posted

Reply - Report abuse

max in South Carolina

5 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have not heard anything yet...what did your letter say

What position did you apply for ruby

Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

CSA Baltimore

Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

I will...you do the same..im calling in a few hours...i think Texas is an hour behind me

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

max in South Carolina

5 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I will...you do the same..im calling in a few hours...i think Texas is an hour behind me

I called but i had to leave a msg so I just have to wait until they called me

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

qmon in New York

5 months ago

Background checks take an excessive amount of time because of the nature of the job, they could take up to 45 days. Best of luck to you all!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Update...got a call back from SWA...provided the W2s requested...got a call back and stated completed and that will be sending my completed paperwork back to SWA recruitment dept...hopefully I receive a call on Monday...what about you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

max in South Carolina

5 months ago

Same here ruby tomarrow I'll send off mines with my current employer....but I had a company that didn't had a end date for me but they verified that I work there I don't know how am going do this and that was back in another country

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Hey so did they verify that employer or do you need to provide info...did you speak with Taylor

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

max in South Carolina

5 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hey so did they verify that employer or do you need to provide info...did you speak with Taylor

I spoke with some1 else and they verify yes but they don't have a end date for me...but I have every other info they asked for so idk what to think ruby

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Good morning...i don't think you have anything to worry about as long as they verified you worked there...you should be ok...now we sit and wait for next phase... nerve wrecking...so you provided everything to them right

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Ikr...thank you...how are you doing

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

max in Miami, Florida

5 months ago

RubyDee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Ikr...thank you...how are you doing

Ruby I have everything for my current employer but the other 1 verified I work there but don't have a date when I stop so if the company don't have it what am I going to do????....they said they need something to verify and the don't use w2 in that country

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

RubyDee in Washington, District of Columbia

5 months ago

Well it's obvious I don't work there anymore...its a whole other country...i wouldn't worry

Reply - Report abuse

max in Miami, Florida

5 months ago

RubyDee in Washington, District of Columbia said: Well it's obvious I don't work there anymore...its a whole other country...i wouldn't worry

I sent all the documents from my current employer now am already working at the airport by the way for this employer....just that the other 1 give a start date but no end date so how can I solve this I don't know what to do trust me

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Please help me understand why that might pose as a problem...you no longer work there...what country is this

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

max in Plant City, Florida

5 months ago

RubyDee in Washington, District of Columbia said: Please help me understand why that might pose as a problem...you no longer work there...what country is this

Jamaica I don't know why but they said if I can get anything from them to verify I should.....but sterling called and they confirm I work there just don't have a time when I left....so if I can't force that I don't know what will happen.....but I am keeping my fingers crossed

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

5 months ago

max in Plant City, Florida said: Jamaica I don't know why but they said if I can get anything from them to verify I should.....but sterling called and they confirm I work there just don't have a time when I left....so if I can't force that I don't know what will happen.....but I am keeping my fingers crossed

Can't help you now but going forward you need to save everything relating to a job: paystubs, W2's, performance reviews, business cards, newspaper articles, letters of reduction in force, etc.

My sister once had to "prove it" that she worked for a bank that went belly up. She had all of her old paystubs. We save everything now because companies are very picky now. If you get too many UTV (Unable o Verify), they won't hire you and you will never know.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

max in Plant City, Florida

5 months ago

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Can't help you now but going forward you need to save everything relating to a job: paystubs, W2's, performance reviews, business cards, newspaper articles, letters of reduction in force, etc.

My sister once had to "prove it" that she worked for a bank that went belly up. She had all of her old paystubs. We save everything now because companies are very picky now. If you get too many UTV (Unable o Verify), they won't hire you and you will never know.

Ruby I know but I don't have any of that and it's just that 1 company and they had spoke to human resource....I provided them with the ones from my current employer and am currently working as a ramper at another company don't know what to think

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

max in Miami, Florida

5 months ago

Have u hear anything yet ruby

Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

No...what about you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.