southwest airline hiring process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5901 to 5950 of 7004)
Page:  « First « Previous   116  117  118  119  120  121  122  Next »   Last »

Jim in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York said: Is that all?

There is probably more things you should no but if you work hard and don't have any attendance issues you'll be good. Don't take a job at SWA for granted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York

14 months ago

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. If anyone else have any knowledge to spare please share.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

km562 in Gardena, California

14 months ago

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York said: Thanks I'll keep it in mind. If anyone else have any knowledge to spare please share.

How are you doing with learning the airport codes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York

14 months ago

km562 in Gardena, California said: How are you doing with learning the airport codes?

I got the main ones down but not airtran as much. You?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SplashyH in Newark, New Jersey

14 months ago

Does anyone know when SWA will begin interviewing people for open ramp agents openings at EWR ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

SplashyH in Newark, New Jersey said: Does anyone know when SWA will begin interviewing people for open ramp agents openings at EWR ?

When was the job opening?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

km562 in Gardena, California

14 months ago

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York said: I got the main ones down but not airtran as much. You?

Same here. I made flash cards to help me. Just worried about the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SplashyH in Newark, New Jersey

14 months ago

Jim in Chicago, Illinois said: When was the job opening?

The end of April

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York

14 months ago

km562 in Gardena, California said: Same here. I made flash cards to help me. Just worried about the exam.

Why you worried about the exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

km562 in Gardena, California

14 months ago

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York said: Why you worried about the exam?

I heard you must pass it. Not sure What happens if you dont pass it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York

14 months ago

Are you serious where did you hear or read that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

km562 in Gardena, California

14 months ago

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York said: Are you serious where did you hear or read that?

On this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York

14 months ago

Well this is just a forum but who knows.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

NewYorkNativ3 in New York, New York said: Are you serious where did you hear or read that?

As an employee in CS&S (Customer Support and Services, aka Reservations) it is my understanding that all airport employees (Ramp, Ops and CSA) need to know all airport names and codes as they are used on a regular basis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

Just an FYI, CS&S requires us to know them as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KM562 in Long Beach, California

14 months ago

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona said: Just an FYI, CS&S requires us to know them as well.

Where you required to take an exam? and if so was it multiple choice, fill in the blank? and what percent did you have to past with? and if you dont pass do you know what happens?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: Where you required to take an exam? and if so was it multiple choice, fill in the blank? and what percent did you have to past with? and if you dont pass do you know what happens?

90% or greater. It was fill in the blank. Roughly half of them were the airport code and you had to write out the airport name and others had the airport name in which you write out the airport code.

We ended up having a total of 7 tests if I remember correctly over a 6 week training period and had to score over 90% average. I'm not sure what the requirements are for airport personnel in regards to how many tests, how long training is, how many tests or if the score on the tests have to average over 90% or if a 90% on each exam is required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

And because it was an average in CS&S there no retakes and if there was no possibility of you "coming back" with an average greater than 90%, you were let go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KM562 in Long Beach, California

14 months ago

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona said: And because it was an average in CS&S there no retakes and if there was no possibility of you "coming back" with an average greater than 90%, you were let go.

That worries me, because I am leaving my job for SW. And I would hate to be let go... Guess I will keep studying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KM562 in Long Beach, California

14 months ago

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona said: 90% or greater. It was fill in the blank. Roughly half of them were the airport code and you had to write out the airport name and others had the airport name in which you write out the airport code.

We ended up having a total of 7 tests if I remember correctly over a 6 week training period and had to score over 90% average. I'm not sure what the requirements are for airport personnel in regards to how many tests, how long training is, how many tests or if the score on the tests have to average over 90% or if a 90% on each exam is required.

Did they tell you what airports you would be tested on? so you knew which ones to study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: Did they tell you what airports you would be tested on? so you knew which ones to study?

Totally understand. I moved 1/2 way across country to get my foot in the door. Now I'm working toward getting back to where I came. Trying to get in at the airport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KM562 in Long Beach, California

14 months ago

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona said: Totally understand. I moved 1/2 way across country to get my foot in the door. Now I'm working toward getting back to where I came. Trying to get in at the airport.

Well I am thankful I don't have to move. But just worried about the exam.

When you took the test did they tell you which airports you would be tested on for that individual test so you know which ones to focus on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: Did they tell you what airports you would be tested on? so you knew which ones to study?

We were tested on every one of them. Of course this was before they started integrating AirTran, which have since had to learn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DDHSDCA in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

So, our first two days were fly class in Dallas. The third day we went to the call center and were tested that day in all of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FromARtoTX in Little Rock, Arkansas

14 months ago

Hi. I have spent the last couple of hours reading through these posts and forums. I've looked at where people are posting from and how interview processes are played out. I'm moving to Dallas next month and am determined to work for SWA. I recently applied for a customer service representative position but it's been four weeks and I haven't heard anything back since. I have two friends at SWA in Dallas but they're in two completely different departments, neither of which are in the department I applied for. When I was last in Dallas two weeks ago I went with a friend on their day off and got the complete tour. It was so great and just made me realize how much more I wanted to work there.

Can anyone employed at headquarters in Dallas give me any advice? It's ridiculous that I look everyday online, morning and night, to see if any positions have been posted that I would be eligible for. (College degree + eight years restaurant experience + three years retail experience). I'm thinking of taking a job at the Wyndham Love Field just because I figure it would get me that much closer to working for SWA (it's their hotel + customer service, so that's the connection I'm trying to justify).

I really want this and to be apart of the team. Most of the posts have been related to positions outside of Dallas. I'm moving to Dallas and must get in. Any advice at all? I know I will land a job, I just don't want it to take forever; therefore, any advice is welcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John312 in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

FromARtoTX in Little Rock, Arkansas said: Hi. I have spent the last couple of hours reading through these posts and forums. I've looked at where people are posting from and how interview processes are played out. I'm moving to Dallas next month and am determined to work for SWA. I recently applied for a customer service representative position but it's been four weeks and I haven't heard anything back since. I have two friends at SWA in Dallas but they're in two completely different departments, neither of which are in the department I applied for. When I was last in Dallas two weeks ago I went with a friend on their day off and got the complete tour. It was so great and just made me realize how much more I wanted to work there.

Can anyone employed at headquarters in Dallas give me any advice? It's ridiculous that I look everyday online, morning and night, to see if any positions have been posted that I would be eligible for. (College degree + eight years restaurant experience + three years retail experience). I'm thinking of taking a job at the Wyndham Love Field just because I figure it would get me that much closer to working for SWA (it's their hotel + customer service, so that's the connection I'm trying to justify).

I really want this and to be apart of the team. Most of the posts have been related to pos...

Do you have any idea what type of job you're after? If you're shooting for a job at headquarters, are you some type of fuel hedging analyst, meteorologist, or some type of efficiency scientist? Or a potential executive? Because if you're not already a highly degreed highly experienced worker in a specific airline related field I'm not sure living closer to the headquarters helps your chances. Because if a more traditional job at Southwest is what you're after you need to be paying more attention to the airport. And the bigger the Southwest station the better. DAL is not the biggest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FromARtoTX in Little Rock, Arkansas

14 months ago

John312 in Chicago, Illinois said: Do you have any idea what type of job you're after? If you're shooting for a job at headquarters, are you some type of fuel hedging analyst, meteorologist, or some type of efficiency scientist? Or a potential executive? Because if you're not already a highly degreed highly experienced worker in a specific airline related field I'm not sure living closer to the headquarters helps your chances. Because if a more traditional job at Southwest is what you're after you need to be paying more attention to the airport. And the bigger the Southwest station the better. DAL is not the biggest.

Any entry-level position, which do come open; they're just few and far between. The likeliest candidate would be in CSR. It just seems like an incredible company. I've done my research and I'm aching to get my foot in the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

Has anyone heard anything for the part time ramp agent position in Chicago from 3 weeks ago?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KDubb in Hutto, Texas

14 months ago

so I interviewed last week for a position and was told I would be contacted this friday. I'm so nervous. Do they normally call back when they say they will? You know I'll be checking my phone all day tomorrow! My boss has been acting a bit funny lately. I'm wondering if they called him for a reference. I have not been asked to be fingerprinted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SplashyH in Newark, New Jersey

14 months ago

Do anybody get any updates on open ramp agents for SWA at EWR ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lets_fly_today in Nevada

14 months ago

So I applied for Delta Customer service/Gate Agent, but their forum is dead, so I decided it may be worth a try to ask here. Anyways, I had my drug, agility, fingerprints done already. They said I passed. But Im still waiting to hear about training dates. How long does it take to be contacted about training? or for the background results to return? How long did you have to wait. I dont know if I should contact the recruiter at the airport to follow up, if that would hurt my chances.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Indianapolis, Indiana

13 months ago

I had my phone interview for the ramp agent position in Chicago today. Completely nailed it. Scheduled a f2f interview for June 10. Can anyone explain to me the training process for a ramp agent?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TravisC1007 in Brooklyn, Maryland

13 months ago

Today marks the 2 weeks I was supposed to receive a call for the phone interview. So do they sometimes call after the two weeks or am I out of the running?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in La Grange, Illinois

13 months ago

TravisC1007 in Brooklyn, Maryland said: Today marks the 2 weeks I was supposed to receive a call for the phone interview. So do they sometimes call after the two weeks or am I out of the running?

It took them exactly 4 weeks to contact me after I applied for a ramp agent position. They emailed me and told me to call them and I did the phone interview right on the spot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TravisC1007 in Brooklyn, Maryland

13 months ago

Jim in La Grange, Illinois said: It took them exactly 4 weeks to contact me after I applied for a ramp agent position. They emailed me and told me to call them and I did the phone interview right on the spot.

I should have mentioned I have received the email saying the would contact me "within 2 WEEKS" so I didn't know if they already found enough people for f2f or if that's even a possibility. Just anxious I guess. I've been trying to stay prepared and don't want to get caught off guard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in La Grange, Illinois

13 months ago

TravisC1007 in Brooklyn, Maryland said: I should have mentioned I have received the email saying the would contact me "within 2 WEEKS" so I didn't know if they already found enough people for f2f or if that's even a possibility. Just anxious I guess. I've been trying to stay prepared and don't want to get caught off guard.

I did my phone interview yesterday and was offered a f2f on the spot and scheduled it for June 10th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Travis1007 in Brooklyn, Maryland

13 months ago

Jim in La Grange, Illinois said: I did my phone interview yesterday and was offered a f2f on the spot and scheduled it for June 10th.

Well good luck. How was the phone interview? Any surprises?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rkfoster in Washington, District of Columbia

13 months ago

Anyone apply for the ramp position at DCA (Washington DC) and hear anything back? I've already completed the phone, F2F, drug, fingerprints, and apparently my background was completed last week. Anxious like most of you here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DCU in Alexandria, Virginia

13 months ago

rkfoster in Washington, District of Columbia said: Anyone apply for the ramp position at DCA (Washington DC) and hear anything back? I've already completed the phone, F2F, drug, fingerprints, and apparently my background was completed last week. Anxious like most of you here.

They should contact u soon, im going to be transferring to DCA from IAD, our start date is June 15 so I'm guessing they will contact you before then

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rkfoster8 in Waldorf, Maryland

13 months ago

DCU in Alexandria, Virginia said: They should contact u soon, im going to be transferring to DCA from IAD, our start date is June 15 so I'm guessing they will contact you before then

Thanks for the info! Knowing this makes me even more anxious now...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in La Grange, Illinois

13 months ago

rkfoster in Washington, District of Columbia said: Anyone apply for the ramp position at DCA (Washington DC) and hear anything back? I've already completed the phone, F2F, drug, fingerprints, and apparently my background was completed last week. Anxious like most of you here.

How long did it take for them to contact you after the f2f?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Oak Lawn, Illinois

13 months ago

Travis1007 in Brooklyn, Maryland said: Well good luck. How was the phone interview? Any surprises?

No surprises. They asked about me, why southwest, past jobs from my résumé, why I consider leaving my current job, what I know about this job, and just basic qualification questions. I was very thorough on all my answers and wasn't fumbling for answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rkfoster in Washington, District of Columbia

13 months ago

Jim in La Grange, Illinois said: How long did it take for them to contact you after the f2f?

My F2F was on 5/1 (Wednesday) at Reagan and I got a call from the Leadership Dept the following Monday (5/6). The lady who did my interview said I'd hear something in a week, week and a half so I was surprised to hear from them so soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Travis1007 in Washington, District of Columbia

13 months ago

Anyone else apply for the ramp position at BWI?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in La Grange, Illinois

13 months ago

rkfoster in Washington, District of Columbia said: My F2F was on 5/1 (Wednesday) at Reagan and I got a call from the Leadership Dept the following Monday (5/6). The lady who did my interview said I'd hear something in a week, week and a half so I was surprised to hear from them so soon.

Have you heard from them since?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rkfoster in Waldorf, Maryland

13 months ago

Jim in La Grange, Illinois said: Have you heard from them since?

Since my fingerprinting I haven't heard anything. That was on the 14th. The guy doing my background said he was finishing it up and sending it off to Southwest (that was last week). Hoping to hear something soon...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Oak Lawn, Illinois

13 months ago

rkfoster in Waldorf, Maryland said: Since my fingerprinting I haven't heard anything. That was on the 14th. The guy doing my background said he was finishing it up and sending it off to Southwest (that was last week). Hoping to hear something soon...

A guy was doing your background? I thought Southwest had a company do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rkfoster in Manassas, Virginia

13 months ago

Jim in Oak Lawn, Illinois said: A guy was doing your background? I thought Southwest had a company do it.

Well yeah, but I spoke directly with the guy who was doing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in La Grange, Illinois

13 months ago

rkfoster in Manassas, Virginia said: Well yeah, but I spoke directly with the guy who was doing it.

Is the background check based on the full length application you fill out prior to the face to face interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rkfoster in Waldorf, Maryland

13 months ago

Jim in La Grange, Illinois said: Is the background check based on the full length application you fill out prior to the face to face interview?

As far as I know. They contacted all my prior employers and schools. If they can't get a hold of someone they'll contact you (hence how I spoke to the guy doing mine). I thought it was odd my references weren't contacted but the background check was "completed" and being sent off to SWA. Don't know if that means anything...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   116  117  118  119  120  121  122  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.