southwest airline hiring process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 7033)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois

49 months ago

I sent the entire job description...but I was in a position like this for United Airlines...and in a nutshell...when the Res agent, was out of solutions...they would transfer the "irate" customer to our helpdesk...and we would take over the call and if I couldn't make the situation better...we would give them the number for consumer relations at headquarters! I enjoyed the job...However, United closed down in Rockford...and at the time, I couldn't move to Chicago and the job didn't pay enough to commute...but BOY do I miss the benefits of working for an airline...so I am praying that I get this job! PLUS...I want to live in Texas...alot of my family have relocated from Illinois to Texas and Tennessee...so I HAVE to get this job! Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

49 months ago

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois said: I sent the entire job description...but I was in a position like this for United Airlines...and in a nutshell...when the Res agent, was out of solutions...they would transfer the "irate" customer to our helpdesk...and we would take over the call and if I couldn't make the situation better...we would give them the number for consumer relations at headquarters! I enjoyed the job...However, United closed down in Rockford...and at the time, I couldn't move to Chicago and the job didn't pay enough to commute...but BOY do I miss the benefits of working for an airline...so I am praying that I get this job! PLUS...I want to live in Texas...alot of my family have relocated from Illinois to Texas and Tennessee...so I HAVE to get this job! Good luck to you!

I am hoping good things for all of us! Please, anyone that gets any kind of news, good or bad, PLEASE share!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SunnyDayz in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

49 months ago

.. Nothing yet, but have a question for all yall.. When is/was everyones projected Class Date ? Meaning I was told the Res is 8/22

49 months ago

Ok...I got my call today for my face 2 face...I have to fly to DFW...Does anyone know if they help you get to the interview? I am in Illinois and I plan on relocating to DFW. I do have a friend that works for the airlines...and I can get a buddy pass, however...the person from People Services, asked which airport am I flying out which made me think they are going to assist me in getting to the airport. Does that seem weird?

49 months ago

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois said: Ok...I got my call today for my face 2 face...I have to fly to DFW...Does anyone know if they help you get to the interview? I am in Illinois and I plan on relocating to DFW. I do have a friend that works for the airlines...and I can get a buddy pass, however...the person from People Services, asked which airport am I flying out which made me think they are going to assist me in getting to the airport. Does that seem weird?

CONGRATS !!! .. and on that one I would call and "double check.." meaning they may have wanted to know if you were flying into where they are and give you directions from there , i.e, once off jetbridge, hang a right and mosey to terrminal 'X'.. or whatever..... .. I wouldnt think they would assist on that, thinking if you arent doing an internal xfer, the transportation is all on you... I dunno.. what do you think ??

But let us know EVERYTHING !! Whens the big day ??

49 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: I did not get a start date for class date. Is that a bad thing?

No I wouldnt think so since being in RES the class is probably way bigger. I was told 40 ..

When did they say the approx start date was or did you do what I generally do and be so nervous and forget to ask !?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I did not even ask! I was pretty nervous for sure. I was interviewed by 1 HR guy and 2 Veteran Ramp Agents! It was nerve wrecking for sure. My Interview lasted a pretty long time, yet nothing is solid you know?! I know when i applied for Delta Reserve Ready Ramp In LA, they did not pay for the flight. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

OK...I have confirmation...they ARE paying for me to fly there and interview...the HR Rep...explained that I will take a flt from Chicago to Dallas...take an Employee Shuttle to Headquarters...interview should last 1 hour and then the shuttle will take me back the airport. The cool thing is that the flights on the return were full so of course...I told the rep I would stay with family and fly out the next DAY...BONUS!!! =) For whatever reason..I am not nervous about this interview...I have all the documentation that they want me to print and bring...including school transcripts and copies of my degree and Resume...I'm just anxious...ready to get the yes or no!!! Wish me Luck...I HAVE to get this job...TEXAS Here I COME!

49 months ago

CONGRATULATIONS !!! .. and I say that whole heartdly as generally they DONT pay for your flight to the interview... Case in point.. 2 people were waiting with me at my f2f from out of state, and they had to fend for themselves... Perhaps it has to do with the position !!!! And it sounds to me like your are well on your way to join their team !!! When is THE day ???

And I STILL have heard nada... I would rather hear NOPE than sit and wonder !!!!

Keep us all updated !!

49 months ago

Thank you Sunny...The interview is THIS Thursday...but that's all I know...the HR person said that a 5 week training class will start in August...so I am assuming that I should hear something within a week or 2 after my F2F...I will keep you posted. I hope WE are all selected. But...even If I am not, I won't let it deter me from applying for other positions. I have my heart set on working for SWA and yes the waiting game is the WORSE!

49 months ago

Good Luck! Please share your experience!

49 months ago

Thanks, I will keep you all posted! Tomorrow is the big day! (Cheesing from ear to ear)!!!!

49 months ago

I too was so happy during my F2F!!!!!!! I emailed my recruiter last night, and they are finishing up their last round of interviews within the next couple of days for Ramp here in DAL. Finger's crossed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois said: OK...I have confirmation...they ARE paying for me to fly there and interview...the HR Rep...explained that I will take a flt from Chicago to Dallas...take an Employee Shuttle to Headquarters...interview should last 1 hour and then the shuttle will take me back the airport. The cool thing is that the flights on the return were full so of course...I told the rep I would stay with family and fly out the next DAY...BONUS!!! =) For whatever reason..I am not nervous about this interview...I have all the documentation that they want me to print and bring...including school transcripts and copies of my degree and Resume...I'm just anxious...ready to get the yes or no!!! Wish me Luck...I HAVE to get this job...TEXAS Here I COME!

I worked for UAL too!!!! Ramp/CSR!

49 months ago

Ok everyone...My F2F went well...I now have to wait like everyone else...(This is the hard part)...I was told they would be wrapping up interviews Friday...and I would hear something within a couple of weeks. I had 3 people in the room with me...and they were saying how impressed they were with my paperwork and the reference letters and a copy of my degree...throughout the entire interview I felt comfortable and the staff there were great...everyone were casually dressed and I think that helped my nerves...I didn't get my fingerprinting because the lady left at 4 pm and I wasn't finished with my 3 pm interview until 4:20...so they said that was ok...which made me a little nervous...I just am prayerful that I did as well as I think I did and I will be getting good news in a week or so...This forum is great...because you have a place of support to go to...thank you all for being so open with your experiences!

49 months ago

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois said: Ok everyone...My F2F went well...I now have to wait like everyone else...(This is the hard part)...I was told they would be wrapping up interviews Friday...and I would hear something within a couple of weeks. I had 3 people in the room with me...and they were saying how impressed they were with my paperwork and the reference letters and a copy of my degree...throughout the entire interview I felt comfortable and the staff there were great...everyone were casually dressed and I think that helped my nerves...I didn't get my fingerprinting because the lady left at 4 pm and I wasn't finished with my 3 pm interview until 4:20...so they said that was ok...which made me a little nervous...I just am prayerful that I did as well as I think I did and I will be getting good news in a week or so...This forum is great...because you have a place of support to go to...thank you all for being so open with your experiences!

Good to hear. I too feel my interview went well, yet as time passes, it is kind of difficult to stay positive. Please let us know what happens!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Anybody have any news??????????

49 months ago

Nothing here... and I finally did email the phone interviewer/ recruiter asking for status and cant even get a reply... I think this pretty much tells me the answer, when you ask for update and they ignore you, its like " maybe if I dont reply , they will go away !!.."

49 months ago

SunnyDayz in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Nothing here... and I finally did email the phone interviewer/ recruiter asking for status and cant even get a reply... I think this pretty much tells me the answer, when you ask for update and they ignore you, its like " maybe if I dont reply , they will go away !!.."

I too emailed my recruiter, and she DID call me back, but i am not really hopeful at this point. She said they may be behind schedule etc etc........... Blah!

49 months ago

Yours sounds WAY more favorable tho !!.. At least she called you back !!! .. But I feel ya.. just say yea or nay !! Im a big girl, I promise I can take it !!! HA !

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York

49 months ago

EJ FRESH in Grand Prairie, Texas said: Well today is june 6 2010. i have just been cleared for everything. drug test, work backround and finger prints. its a preety long process. i started everything may 21 2010. and it depends on your experience. like me i have a year and ahalf experience work on alaska airlines as a ramp agent at DFW airport. so right away she got me set up for the interview. the same day i did the interview i did finger printing. then couple days later i did drug test. then 2 weeks got cleared from backround check=] i just takes time but if she didnt offer u a interview or say she will refer you then the odds are high that you wont get the face to face. but you should keep calling back every week check in

Hello,
EJ I have a question for you.. I was told after my face to face that I would hear something in 2 weeks. ok well it is going into the 4th week and I have not heard anything. The recruiter said the class would start August 1st that is Sunday can I assume that I did not get the joB?

49 months ago

Mildred01MOM in New York, New York said: Hello,
EJ I have a question for you.. I was told after my face to face that I would hear something in 2 weeks. ok well it is going into the 4th week and I have not heard anything. The recruiter said the class would start August 1st that is Sunday can I assume that I did not get the joB?

Mildred, i think we are all in the same boat. I too am going on the second week. It is so frustrating.

49 months ago

Still NOTHING and tomorrow is 2 weeks since my f2f..... I just cant believe my phone recruiter wont even be professional enough to to at least send a one word reply( I say this in jest ) since Ive emailed a couple of times for status... *sigh*

49 months ago

yes, tomorrow is week 2 for me as well. Kinda bummed out, but anything is possible right? Even though my recruiter called me, it does not mean a thing, trust me. We are in the same boat. Lets just keep everyone posted!

49 months ago

Well, I just now called and left a VM requesting update via "preferably phone as thats always a good sign" HA, or email so I know if I should continue checking the SW website for other opportunities.. Cheesy, but hopefully I will hear something tomorrow

49 months ago

I hope you do! me too! Let us know!!!!

49 months ago

Hey if you feel like chatting, I signed up w/ new email ( rocketmail ..?) its a yahoo acct , weird, anyways .. I am not sure if theres a way we can exchange without the whole world seeing our info, is there ?

chinwag3 in Scottsdale, Arizona

49 months ago

I applied for a job as a customer service rep with Southwest Airlines in Arizona about 3 weeks ago. They called and said drug test and background check cleared, so Im ready to go. Im excited. While the money is not great to start, I do believe it will follow and the benefits are great. Good Luck to everybody else. If I can be of help with any information, I will give whatever information I can

49 months ago

CONGRATS !!! Is yours airport or Res ??? When did you do your face to face and what happened after that ? How long did it take for the drug test ? Meaning, were you offered position pending background and drug test on the day you interviewed ??

Again CONGRATS and let us know !!

chinwag3 in Scottsdale, Arizona

49 months ago

Thanks, Im happy. The job is reservations. I did the phone interview on a Thursday, and they asked me to come in person on the following Monday. They didnt say if it would be one on one or panel. It turned out to be one on one. After the one on one, they said I was chosen to move forward. I asked what the next step was and they said drug and background check, but they could not make an official offer until all of that cleared. I went for the drug test right away and they called today. It took 3 weeks.

49 months ago

Thats so GREAT !! When does your class start ??

49 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: I too emailed my recruiter, and she DID call me back, but i am not really hopeful at this point. She said they may be behind schedule etc etc........... Blah!

I didnt get a reply from the recruiter, but I did email and got a reply that " your app is still being processed and OKC is behind in paperwork....." blah blah stinkin blah... Im greatful for some type of response but I dont believe it a bit. Just TELL ME I didnt make it and quit ignoring me. Im not contacting them any more.... This process and being ignored by the recruiter has left a really bad taste in my mouth

49 months ago

Ha! I guess they are telling us all that they are behind. I too, am disappointed with the fact that they may not let me know if i did not get the position. Blah is right! Today has been 2 weeks for us both! I do not know what to say at this point. Let us all stay in touch!

49 months ago

FINALLY.. I didnt get picked.. and after all this Im really glad it came about like this.. If they dont have the balls to tell someone straight up.. U ARENT HIRED and keep ignoring you and blah blah blah.. who the hell wants to put up with that crap working for them ? I hope for yall that do and did get picked that yall are treated a helluva lot better during uour work tenure than those of us that they dont pick !! Congrats to the rest of yall ! hope it works for ya !

49 months ago

Sunny Dayz, what happened? Please tell me.You and i interviewed the same day, and now, i am just waitinf for the finality of all of this.

49 months ago

chinwag3 in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Thanks, Im happy. The job is reservations. I did the phone interview on a Thursday, and they asked me to come in person on the following Monday. They didnt say if it would be one on one or panel. It turned out to be one on one. After the one on one, they said I was chosen to move forward. I asked what the next step was and they said drug and background check, but they could not make an official offer until all of that cleared. I went for the drug test right away and they called today. It took 3 weeks.

How long, or how many days after the F2F, did you do the drug test?

dnhoward

49 months ago

Ok....its week 1 and they haven't called me yet! I'm supposed rti hear something today...but I'm still hopeful that I am getting it! However I didn't get a drug screening or fingerprinting yet...I'm in Illinois and the job is in DFW! Has anyone here interviewed for the SOS position? There
Were about 10 of us sitting there to interview last Thursday!
The panel was impressed so I hope I hear good news...if not I'm going to keep applying for a position until I get one! I'm determined!

phillygurl in Beltsville, Maryland

49 months ago

I'm here in philly and I was called on 7/19/10 for a phone interview and the next day I was calles to come in for a f2f on that friday. And on Monday I was called bcuz they wanted to hire me me providing I could pass the drug test and background. So I went on Tuesday for my drug test now I'm waiting to here back for my start date.

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

I'm tryna figure out how long after my drug test will I knw something?.....if anyone knws plz let me knw!!! I went for the ramp agent position...its only been 4 days and the recruiter said the results from the drug test takes abt 7 to 10 days. I'm just really excited!!!!

49 months ago

DnHoward, you will just have to play the wait and pray game ! Wedenesday was my 2 weeks, and i am still waiting. I have not received a yay or nay. I did do the fingerprinting,but no drug test.

Congrats Phillygurl, at least you did do the drug test. That seems like a good sign to me. My entire experience with United was completely different, so not all airlines process the same!

49 months ago

Yikes, i just want to know either way! Does everybody that is waiting have anxiety like me??????? Haha!

49 months ago

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I'm tryna figure out how long after my drug test will I knw something?.....if anyone knws plz let me knw!!! I went for the ramp agent position...its only been 4 days and the recruiter said the results from the drug test takes abt 7 to 10 days. I'm just really excited!!!!

Did you have prior Ramp experience? I am just curious, as i worked the Ramp with United for a year, yet experience is NOT all SWA is looking for.

49 months ago

Yes!!! I'm going crazy just thinking abt the possibilites of working with SWA...I refuse to contact anyone bcuz I don't wanna be a nagg!!

49 months ago

I had no ramp agent experience of any kind.

49 months ago

Welcome to the club Phillygurl! Haha! We all want to work for SWA ya know? I think you will be fine! I did contact my recruiter, and maybe because i have been employed with the airlines before, i did not sweat it. Use your own judgement. Good luck, and keep us posted!

EJ FRESH in Grand Prairie, Texas

49 months ago

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I sure will!!! Does anyone knw if u have to do training in Texas for SWA jobs?

YES!
I AM A CURRENT RAMP AGENT HERE AT DALLAS LOVE FEILD!
TRAINING WILL BE HERE AT DALLAS HEADQUATERS AFTER A WEEK OF OJT WHEREVER YOUR STATION IS AT!

YOUR GUNNA HAVE FUNN, IT WAS ALMOTS LIKE A COLLEGE CLASS!

49 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: Did you have prior Ramp experience? I am just curious, as i worked the Ramp with United for a year, yet experience is NOT all SWA is looking for.

ARE YOU THE NEWBIES THAT JUST GOT HIRED HERE IN DALLAS? FOR THE RAMP? WE HEARD ABOUT YA! WELCOME! =]

49 months ago

EJ FRESH in Grand Prairie, Texas said: ARE YOU THE NEWBIES THAT JUST GOT HIRED HERE IN DALLAS? FOR THE RAMP? WE HEARD ABOUT YA! WELCOME! =]

Ej! I interviewed in Dallas on July 14th, and still have not heard a thing.What do you know, as i am still waiting for a yea or nay!!!!!!!!! I did work for United, but i do not think that matters! Do tell!

49 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: Ej! I interviewed in Dallas on July 14th, and still have not heard a thing.What do you know, as i am still waiting for a yea or nay!!!!!!!!! I did work for United, but i do not think that matters! Do tell!

well i heard that they allready got their mind made up. their only gunna hire 9 people. maybe 11 cuz 2 of sum new hires here already quit. but yeah preety much if u dont get a call in the next day or so forget it................you will no if u dunt get it because you will ethier get a email saying thanks for applying but were not interested or youll get a piece of mail in ur mail box saying the same thing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

EJ FRESH in Grand Prairie, Texas said: well i heard that they allready got their mind made up. their only gunna hire 9 people. maybe 11 cuz 2 of sum new hires here already quit. but yeah preety much if u dont get a call in the next day or so forget it................you will no if u dunt get it because you will ethier get a email saying thanks for applying but were not interested or youll get a piece of mail in ur mail box saying the same thing

Dude, Ej! This is so crazy! I cannot handle this stuff! haha! Did you hear anything about them hiring a girl who was a ramp agent???

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.