southwest airline hiring process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 7326)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

jake 11 in Wentzville, Missouri said: hey phillygurl how long does it take to get an answer about getting hired i did the drug test and fingerprints last thursday the 29th and the suspense is killing me. they havent said im hired yet but i hope that they went to the expense of all that im in the thick of it still . hopin for a ramp agent in stl, need it.

Well ur one step ahead of me bcuz I haven't done any finger printing yet!! But I would assume that we both are hired providing everything is good with background....did u do ur drug test and finger printing together? Bcuz I wanna knw when I'm doing my finger printing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

To jake: did ur recruiter mention anything abt traveling to TEXAS for training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jake 11 in O Fallon, Missouri

53 months ago

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: To jake: did ur recruiter mention anything abt traveling to TEXAS for training?

yes he said chicago for a day and then on the job training i guess in dallas. i did the drug test then a couple days later they called and sent me for fingerprints, i am so pumped for this job i want it bad, i been out of work for over a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chinwag3 in Scottsdale, Arizona

53 months ago

Hi,

I had anxiety big time, just wanted to know either way. I was wondering, what type of background do you have for the ramp agents. I applied and was turned down, which is cook because I got in for customer service, but ultimately I would love to work at the airport as ticket agent. Once Im in I hoped I could move around after the first year. Does anybody know what type of background for working at the airport?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

chinwag3 in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Hi,

I had anxiety big time, just wanted to know either way. I was wondering, what type of background do you have for the ramp agents. I applied and was turned down, which is cook because I got in for customer service, but ultimately I would love to work at the airport as ticket agent. Once Im in I hoped I could move around after the first year. Does anybody know what type of background for working at the airport?

I was a Ramp Agent for United, and honestly, it is not all about experience.I had a F2F on July 14th and Fingerprints,yet i have not heard a thing. I am still hopeful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

Has anyone ever heard of a person getting alway to the finger printing and drug testing and still not being hired for reasons other than a bad background? I can't see them investing all this money and time n2 ppl and just not hiring them bcuz......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Has anyone ever heard of a person getting alway to the finger printing and drug testing and still not being hired for reasons other than a bad background? I can't see them investing all this money and time n2 ppl and just not hiring them bcuz......

Well, yes and no. If you notice, some of us have had fingerprinting, and some of us have had drug testing, and some of us have had both. I did hear they do not like job hoping, bad driving records to. We will just have to wait and see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

hello, everyone!!! I was just checking n 2 c how everyones hiring process is going....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

Well, nothing yet. Wow, i cannot believe how frustrating this can be. I am starting to accept the fact that i did not get the position, just based on no news.I hope i am wrong, as i want this so much. Please keep us all posted, good or bad news!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

EJ FRESH in Grand Prairie, Texas said: no i didnt hear who they hired i just know that theyve made thier mind up on who

Ej, still no word, but could you post on this forum when they are all done hiring at Lovefield, as then, i will know, i was not chosen. Thanks Again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: Well, nothing yet. Wow, i cannot believe how frustrating this can be. I am starting to accept the fact that i did not get the position, just based on no news.I hope i am wrong, as i want this so much. Please keep us all posted, good or bad news!

how long has ur process been going on for? are u in contact with any ppl that was hire recently?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

to onemackmommy what was the last thing u did in the hiring process? i just recently completed a driver request form for my driving history have u done that yet and what position are u applying for?
I really think we should stay in contact so we can get a better understanding of whats going on with the job.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: to onemackmommy what was the last thing u did in the hiring process? i just recently completed a driver request form for my driving history have u done that yet and what position are u applying for?
I really think we should stay in contact so we can get a better understanding of whats going on with the job.....

My F2F was on July 14th, I did Fingerprints, had my Interview, and my HR guy said they would contact me in 2 weeks. Being the Hub, i believe dallas may be a little busier, but it has been almost 3 weeks.Ej, who works In Dallas said they had their mind made up this week, and said they were hiring 9-11 people.I was a Ramp Agent for United in Dallas, but that really may not mean too much! That is that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: My F2F was on July 14th, I did Fingerprints, had my Interview, and my HR guy said they would contact me in 2 weeks. Being the Hub, i believe dallas may be a little busier, but it has been almost 3 weeks.Ej, who works In Dallas said they had their mind made up this week, and said they were hiring 9-11 people.I was a Ramp Agent for United in Dallas, but that really may not mean too much! That is that!

I am applying for Ramp, and nothing about my driving record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: I am applying for Ramp, and nothing about my driving record.

BTW, i filled out a form about my driving record in the initial application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: BTW, i filled out a form about my driving record in the initial application.

Yes. EJ , who is a new hire for Dallas, is on here as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

RAMP in Brooklyn, New York said: Does United Airlines send New Hire packets in the mail or via email?

I was hired In 2006, and the entire App was sent via email, printed out and taken to my interview. Then to follow was a trip to Denver for fingerprints and Drug testing, then a start date for training.You could be sent to ORD(Chicago) or IAD(Dulles) as well since Denver is a little far from NY. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

dnhoward said: I am anxiety wasted!!! LOL

Any word?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

RAMP in Brooklyn, New York said: Does United Airlines send New Hire packets in the mail or via email?

You should receive your New Hire Packet at the Fingerprint and Drug testing trip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dnhoward

53 months ago

I haven't heard anything yet about the Source of Support Rep position at HDQ! I'm starting to think I didn't get it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

dnhoward said: I haven't heard anything yet about the Source of Support Rep position at HDQ! I'm starting to think I didn't get it!

Isn't it crazy how you think the interview went so well???? I know i thought mine went well! It is a shame that we have to sit and think about all of the things that happened or could happen. SAD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

Well, I just received my Thank you, but you were not chosen letter.I am bummed out, but that is ok. I feel that they do not really like to hire people that have experience in the airline industry all too much.It obviously is not based on experience.Good luck to all.......................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: Well, I just received my Thank you, but you were not chosen letter.I am bummed out, but that is ok. I feel that they do not really like to hire people that have experience in the airline industry all too much.It obviously is not based on experience.Good luck to all.......................

Funny how things work, i just got off the phone with Delta for a baggage handler position here in DFW!!!! We shall see....Pay is the same, but it is a Ready-reserve PT position, and NO health benefits. I am determined to get in the industry again, no matter what! Your loss SWA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

SunnyDayz in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: FINALLY.. I didnt get picked.. and after all this Im really glad it came about like this.. If they dont have the balls to tell someone straight up.. U ARENT HIRED and keep ignoring you and blah blah blah.. who the hell wants to put up with that crap working for them ? I hope for yall that do and did get picked that yall are treated a helluva lot better during uour work tenure than those of us that they dont pick !! Congrats to the rest of yall ! hope it works for ya !

Me too. I just got my letter today. Their loss!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois

53 months ago

WELL...I haven't been home to check my mail...That stinks...Well...I am sure I was a lucky recipient of a Thank you, but No Thank you letter! I am so anxious to leave work and check my mailbox...you would think I was waiting on an extra check or something. However, I am still going to apply for other positions for SWA, because I know that is the airline I want to be part of. I worked for you United Airlines for 8 years..and I miss it so much! AND...I really want to relocate to Dallas, and leave COLD COLD CHICAGO/ROCKFORD area!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois said: WELL...I haven't been home to check my mail...That stinks...Well...I am sure I was a lucky recipient of a Thank you, but No Thank you letter! I am so anxious to leave work and check my mailbox...you would think I was waiting on an extra check or something. However, I am still going to apply for other positions for SWA, because I know that is the airline I want to be part of. I worked for you United Airlines for 8 years..and I miss it so much! AND...I really want to relocate to Dallas, and leave COLD COLD CHICAGO/ROCKFORD area!

It is funny, In the dnial letter, it does not say anything about reapplying in the future. It is almost like a cut off with the company. Maybe it was my age? I do not know, but i tell you experience is not anything with SWA. I remember something someone said about SWA, and it was that SWA did NOT like to hire people from United or any other large carrier. It could be just a silly rumor, but if I interviewed someone that had experience, especially with Ramp, being you work with such huge machines, i would highly consider them. I loved United, but had to resign due to pregnancy, and I did not have enough senority to hold CSR. I am pursuing Delta now, and believe this, I just got off the phone with them and was asked to move on to a F2F in the near future. Crazy how things happen. It does say on their web questionnaire that they do like previous experience, but it is not neccessary. I will keep you posted, and please let us know what happens to you on your SWA journey! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: It is funny, In the dnial letter, it does not say anything about reapplying in the future. It is almost like a cut off with the company. Maybe it was my age? I do not know, but i tell you experience is not anything with SWA. I remember something someone said about SWA, and it was that SWA did NOT like to hire people from United or any other large carrier. It could be just a silly rumor, but if I interviewed someone that had experience, especially with Ramp, being you work with such huge machines, i would highly consider them. I loved United, but had to resign due to pregnancy, and I did not have enough senority to hold CSR. I am pursuing Delta now, and believe this, I just got off the phone with them and was asked to move on to a F2F in the near future. Crazy how things happen. It does say on their web questionnaire that they do like previous experience, but it is not neccessary. I will keep you posted, and please let us know what happens to you on your SWA journey! Good luck!

Try Delta, as they are actively hiring in DFW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

RAMP in New York, New York

53 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: You should receive your New Hire Packet at the Fingerprint and Drug testing trip.

Thanks! So,you think the training will be at ORD or IAD?? How long is the training? 2 weeks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

RAMP in New York, New York said: Thanks! So,you think the training will be at ORD or IAD?? How long is the training? 2 weeks?

I just realized you were for Ramp. Interestingly enough, they do some Ramp training In Dallas! I remember the training is for 2 weeks, all expenses paid of course. I was a Rampie for United for 1 year, and i only left due to Pregnancy. But i do remember a lot of people flew out for training from Ohio, Minnesota, Philly etc....It is a good chance it will be in Dallas or of course one of the 5 hubs, LAX,SFO,IAD,ORD,or DEN. My drug testing and Fingerprints were In DEN.GOOd Luck! Let me know if they send you to Dallas, as i have a lot of friends on the Ramp!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois

53 months ago

No word yesterday...I called left a voicemail today, since they told me that I would hear something by today either way...SO NOW...I am really thinking the answer is NO...I am on my way home from work...maybe my letter came today! I am trying to remain hopeful, but each day gets a little more difficult! I am going over everything I said in my F2F that would have caused me NOT to get it, but I honestly think I did well! After, the interview one of the ladies on the panel even smiled, nodded her head and winked as we were wrapping up! SO...I just don't know what's going on and how come it takes this long to say NO or YES! Ok...that's my vent for the day! LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois

53 months ago

Did anyone in this forum interview in DFW for the SOS Rep 1 position? Just curious~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois said: No word yesterday...I called left a voicemail today, since they told me that I would hear something by today either way...SO NOW...I am really thinking the answer is NO...I am on my way home from work...maybe my letter came today! I am trying to remain hopeful, but each day gets a little more difficult! I am going over everything I said in my F2F that would have caused me NOT to get it, but I honestly think I did well! After, the interview one of the ladies on the panel even smiled, nodded her head and winked as we were wrapping up! SO...I just don't know what's going on and how come it takes this long to say NO or YES! Ok...that's my vent for the day! LOL

Yes, just like all of us. As each day passes after they tell you they would contact you, unfortunately, it does get discouraging.I do hope you get this job, but please know, we all wanted this job too, and we understand what you will go through! You never know! Chin Up! I even had experience and i felt really bad when i got my letter! Please let us know what happens ok?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois said: Did anyone in this forum interview in DFW for the SOS Rep 1 position? Just curious~

Any news yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dnhoward

53 months ago

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas said: Any news yet?

I'm sorry I haven't posted an update...but YES...the HR Coord...finally called me back on Friday last week and was very nice...she apologized first and explained how they were behind on getting back with all of the applicants! She also explained how they have a contracted group that does the reference checks and that has been taking the longest! Long story short...I DID pass my panel Face 2 Face interview and I have been selected to go on to the next part of the hiring phase...I asked what does that mean and she basically said once they complete the reference/background check and drug test...they will make me an offer...but before she hung up the phone she says don't quit your job just yet!!! I feel confident about it because I was honest on everything...and I have never used drugs nor do I have any kind of record...but this has been a long and tedious process!!! I wonder if they put you up while you are in training? I will be relocating and I don't have a clue where I will stay!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

53 months ago

dnhoward said: I'm sorry I haven't posted an update...but YES...the HR Coord...finally called me back on Friday last week and was very nice...she apologized first and explained how they were behind on getting back with all of the applicants! She also explained how they have a contracted group that does the reference checks and that has been taking the longest! Long story short...I DID pass my panel Face 2 Face interview and I have been selected to go on to the next part of the hiring phase...I asked what does that mean and she basically said once they complete the reference/background check and drug test...they will make me an offer...but before she hung up the phone she says don't quit your job just yet!!! I feel confident about it because I was honest on everything...and I have never used drugs nor do I have any kind of record...but this has been a long and tedious process!!! I wonder if they put you up while you are in training? I will be relocating and I don't have a clue where I will stay!!!

Congrats!!!!! It was meant to be! I believe they do put you up for training, as United put me up when i was hired for them. As far as housing, i am pretty sure they will not cover that. You may just need to find a small apt or such! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jake 11 in Wentzville, Missouri

53 months ago

hey dn, The suspense is killing me i have done the drug test and fingerprints and just waiting on the backgroung check to come back its been three weeks in the entire process so far. the company that does the background must be behind so good luck and i will let you know how long it takes. Have you got as far as the fingerprints and drug test yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bgallery in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

Congratulations dnhoward. i also applied for sos position about 2 months ago and have a face to inteview set up for the 19th of this month in dallas where i applied. how strict do you think they are on background issues and i want to be as upfront and honest as possible. i have a felony on my record but its 17 years old and really hasnt stopped me from working in most places. im still employed with my current employer and have been for the past 8 years. the sos position is paying way less then what i am making now, but i am willing to take the pay cut in order to work for southwest with the potential for growth. other than that i have never had any other "issues" with background. i am hoping they will not look at it as harsh since it does not fall into the category of the 28 convictions that are mentioned on their website. any advice? How many were on the panel interviewing you? congrats again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

dnhoward said: I'm sorry I haven't posted an update...but YES...the HR Coord...finally called me back on Friday last week and was very nice...she apologized first and explained how they were behind on getting back with all of the applicants! She also explained how they have a contracted group that does the reference checks and that has been taking the longest! Long story short...I DID pass my panel Face 2 Face interview and I have been selected to go on to the next part of the hiring phase...I asked what does that mean and she basically said once they complete the reference/background check and drug test...they will make me an offer...but before she hung up the phone she says don't quit your job just yet!!! I feel confident about it because I was honest on everything...and I have never used drugs nor do I have any kind of record...but this has been a long and tedious process!!! I wonder if they put you up while you are in training? I will be relocating and I don't have a clue where I will stay!!!

That's crazy bcuz that is the exact same thing the hr rep said to me yesterday!! She was very very nice to me....I do feel much better after speaking with her. I can now rest knwing I will be called in due time. I'm just really excited abt this opportunity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

dnhoward said: I'm sorry I haven't posted an update...but YES...the HR Coord...finally called me back on Friday last week and was very nice...she apologized first and explained how they were behind on getting back with all of the applicants! She also explained how they have a contracted group that does the reference checks and that has been taking the longest! Long story short...I DID pass my panel Face 2 Face interview and I have been selected to go on to the next part of the hiring phase...I asked what does that mean and she basically said once they complete the reference/background check and drug test...they will make me an offer...but before she hung up the phone she says don't quit your job just yet!!! I feel confident about it because I was honest on everything...and I have never used drugs nor do I have any kind of record...but this has been a long and tedious process!!! I wonder if they put you up while you are in training? I will be relocating and I don't have a clue where I will stay!!!

That's crazy bcuz that is the exact same thing the hr rep said to me yesterday!! She was very very nice to me....I do feel much better after speaking with her. I can now rest knwing I will be called in due time. I'm just really excited abt this opportunity!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

phillygurl in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

Hello??? Where has everyone been? And has anyone heard back regarding the next step in the hiring process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Justin in Santa Clarita, California

53 months ago

I heard back.

I did a phone interview and was invited to a face to face on the spot. A week later, I was called back and selected to be hired pending the results of my drug test and background check. In the meantime, I was flown to Phoenix for fingerprinting. That's where I am now. Still waiting for some final employment verification for my background check, then I'm done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DnHoward in Rockford, Illinois

53 months ago

Hello ALL-
Well today is the day...I am supposed to hear back about my pre-employment drug test that I took last Friday...Southwest told me it takes 2 - 3 business days to process and I took the test here in Rockford at a contracted vendor they use called CMSI..or something like that. I was also told that I didn't need a fingerprinting because I would not be working at the airport which makes sense! Now I am just in the holding stage...holding on to my seat that is...because things will move fast after I get my offer! Does anyone have any information on training? I applied for the SOS Rep 1 position and I know it is 5 weeks...but do they put you in a hotel for that long...or should I be looking for housing? Please help with that question!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

someone in Altoona, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

Not to discourage anyone but the fingerprinting part means nothing in terms of whether you got the job or not. By what I hear, many candidates get fingerprinted right before the F2F and never ended up getting the job.

However, by the time they ask you to get drug tested, they most likely will have told you that they're moving you forward.

I'm not quite done yet but here is how my process went so far:
- Applied for Ramp Agent position
- Position closed out next day, got a "we'd like to talk to you" email about 2 weeks later
- Called the next day, phone interview on the spot
- Was told that I may hear from them next week
- Got a call the following Monday for a F2F that Friday
- Was told right after the interview that they'd like to move me forward, got fingerprinted the same day, waiting to receive call to be drug-tested

Here is my advice for anyone seriously interested in working for SWA:
- Check their career site EVERY DAY! Opportunities come and go in a matter of hours because they're so competitive.
- For the Ramp Agent position at least, keep in mind that you will have to figure out on your own how to get to the interview. SWA will also not assist with relocation cost so remember that when you put in your application. But if you're truly serious about it, this should not be an issue anyway.
- Don't be discouraged if you get an email saying that they will not move you forward or you do not make it past the phone or F2F interview. If you truly believe that you will be an excellent match and did not make it because you were nervous or unprepared, keep trying but keep in mind that the recruiters are extremely busy: don't bombard them with emails, be respectful, and don't be offended if they don't write you back every time.
- You will most likely only make it into the company if you're passionate and truly serious about getting in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois

52 months ago

Well...it's official...My 1st day at Southwest Airlines as an SOS Rep is Monday, September 13...I have no clue where I will live...does anyone have any leads on a nice apartment complex under $700 a month...close to DAL airport? Please let me know...ASAP!!! Thanks and wish me luck! I prefer a 1bdrm, laundry hook up around 550 - 600 sq ft.

Sincerely,
Homeless in Dallas!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bgallery in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

WOW, dnhoward....i am sooooo jealous of you. However, i mean it in a good way. Congratulations!! there are tons of nice apartments near the lovefield airport area around your price range. check out craigslist.com in the dallas section. i have lived in Dallas basically all my life so feel free to contact me and hopefully i can be of service to you. I have not heard a word as of yet. i was told it would take a week to let me know something but its been much longer than that. i will just be patient and keep looking at the same time as well for some of their other positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onemackmommy in Carrollton, Texas

52 months ago

dnhoward in Rockford, Illinois said: Well...it's official...My 1st day at Southwest Airlines as an SOS Rep is Monday, September 13...I have no clue where I will live...does anyone have any leads on a nice apartment complex under $700 a month...close to DAL airport? Please let me know...ASAP!!! Thanks and wish me luck! I prefer a 1bdrm, laundry hook up around 550 - 600 sq ft.

Sincerely,
Homeless in Dallas!

Do not rent near Lovefield .You could not pay me to live there. It is not a safe area, and it is very high crime! I live in N Carrollton, and you can totally get a nice place here for your price range, about 15 highway miles down the 34. Check crime stats all over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deon B in North Miami Beach, Florida

51 months ago

Just received an email this morning saying that I have to fly to Baltimore to be finger printed...do they also drug test or will I have to wait? Anyway I am soooo excited....been unemployed since April 30 2009. Always wanted to work for WN....did 12 years at United...ramp in my past life. Worked for B6(Jetblue)...Airport Ops....seasonal though....luved it but season ended....you guessed it April 30 2009.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deon B in North Miami Beach, Florida

51 months ago

Deon B in North Miami Beach, Florida said: Just received an email this morning saying that I have to fly to Baltimore to be finger printed...do they also drug test or will I have to wait? Anyway I am soooo excited....been unemployed since April 30 2009. Always wanted to work for WN....did 12 years at United...ramp in my past life. Worked for B6(Jetblue)...Airport Ops....seasonal though....luved it but season ended....you guessed it April 30 2009.

Correction April 30 2010

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SD Native in San Diego, California

49 months ago

New to this site. Good to read everyone's comments. Alot of useful info and great support.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SandFlysBy in Texas

49 months ago

I had a f2f interview for CSA position in MCO recently. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this job! It was scheduled 45 min. & I was out in about 30 min. I had the CSA Mgr. & a recruiter in the room with me. I was comfortable, but at the same time I don't have "feel" one way or another for how the interview went. When I asked how soon they were looking to fill the position(s), I was told I would know something in about 10 days. Is this a good or bad sign? (ps: I have prior aviation/airline experience).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.