southwest airlines ramp agent hiring process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

infamous.trini

36 months ago

Two weeks ago today I interviewed for a southwest airlines ramp agent position. After the f2f interview I was asked to move forward in the hiring process. I did my fingerprints on the spot along with submitting some documents. Also I already completed my drug test shortly there after. I have yet to here anything from southwest and I am starting to grow nervous. Both my background check and drug test will come back as clean as whistle. Should I be nervous or is this the norm with southwest? I am giving it till next week before I try and initiate contact with a hr rep. Advice?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York

36 months ago

Was this at LGA ? I interviewed two weeks ago also I haven't heard anything I also haven't taking a drug test or fingerprints . I know they sent out denial emails haven't received one of those either . I'm trying not to call HR... No news is good news I'm not sure that's what I'm hoping ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

infamous.trini

36 months ago

yup lga... ive done already what they asked of me drug test, fingerprints everything just waiting on them. This uncertainty is killing me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Was this at LGA ? I interviewed two weeks ago also I haven't heard anything I also haven't taking a drug test or fingerprints . I know they sent out denial emails haven't received one of those either . I'm trying not to call HR... No news is good news I'm not sure that's what I'm hoping ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

infamous.trini said: yup lga... ive done already what they asked of me drug test, fingerprints everything just waiting on them. This uncertainty is killing me.

Yep me to well it seems that atleast you are on the last faze of the process . I only did the interview . I wonder if they do the background check based on the application

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Trini in Stony Point, New York

36 months ago

infamous.trini said: Two weeks ago today I interviewed for a southwest airlines ramp agent position. After the f2f interview I was asked to move forward in the hiring process. I did my fingerprints on the spot along with submitting some documents. Also I already completed my drug test shortly there after. I have yet to here anything from southwest and I am starting to grow nervous. Both my background check and drug test will come back as clean as whistle. Should I be nervous or is this the norm with southwest? I am giving it till next week before I try and initiate contact with a hr rep. Advice?

Thanks

Don't worry everthing will be fine ! I was contacted just the other. An HR Rep calls me and asked when can I start. I said NOW !!! She replies with , there playing with some numbers to start a class and she will get back to me about a start date. So we will be coworkers LOL .... I will meet you soon my fellow Trinidadian !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Trini in Stony Point, New York said: Don't worry everthing will be fine ! I was contacted just the other. An HR Rep calls me and asked when can I start. I said NOW !!! She replies with , there playing with some numbers to start a class and she will get back to me about a start date. So we will be coworkers LOL .... I will meet you soon my fellow Trinidadian !!

Hello were you fingerprinted and drug tested the same day also? I haven't received a denial email I also haven't been tested . What day were you contacted ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

infamous.trini

36 months ago

Trini in Stony Point, New York said: Don't worry everthing will be fine ! I was contacted just the other. An HR Rep calls me and asked when can I start. I said NOW !!! She replies with , there playing with some numbers to start a class and she will get back to me about a start date. So we will be coworkers LOL .... I will meet you soon my fellow Trinidadian !!

when did you interview?when did they call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Trini in Plainview, New York

36 months ago

infamous.trini said: when did you interview?when did they call?

I had my interview on September 8 @ 1100am !!! I'm off to training Ocotber 5, 2011 in Tulsa, Ok

infamous.trini

36 months ago

Trini in Plainview, New York said: I had my interview on September 8 @ 1100am !!! I'm off to training Ocotber 5, 2011 in Tulsa, Ok

hope my call comes soon i interviewed the same day just a couple hours later

infamous.trini

36 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: Hello were you fingerprinted and drug tested the same day also? I haven't received a denial email I also haven't been tested . What day were you contacted ?

Have you gotten any updates as of yet? This thursday marks 3 wks for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

infamous.trini said: Have you gotten any updates as of yet? This thursday marks 3 wks for me.

No . I called a few minutes ago . I was told they would call or email me in a few days they were going to call Baltimore for an update on my application status .

I'm a nervous wreck trying to pray for the best.. I also emailed them Friday no response to the email as of yet

Goodluck to you

infamous.trini

36 months ago

i got my call today.. hang in there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: No . I called a few minutes ago . I was told they would call or email me in a few days they were going to call Baltimore for an update on my application status .

I'm a nervous wreck trying to pray for the best.. I also emailed them Friday no response to the email as of yet

Goodluck to you

I received this email earlier today

Our apologies for the delay in corresponding with you.  The LGA Ramp Agent posting was very large and we still need to get in contact with over 400 Applicants.  We are trying to follow up with each person as quickly as possible but it is taking much longer than we had anticipated.  Please hang in there.  You will be contacted about your status within the next week.

Bpardellas in West New York, New Jersey

36 months ago

Hey there, I also had an interview with SWA in LGA about 3 weeks ago. I did my finger printin & drug test. I was getting very anxious because was not hearing from them. Patrice contacted me about 2 days ago & told me im clear & ask me when can I start. I said asap, she said now shes waiting for a start date. I asked her does she know where is the training going to be and how long? She said she dont know but this friday there is a group leaving to Houston & another group left to Oklahoma. She said the training is possibly from 30 to 60 days. Im so excited I cant wait to start!

36 months ago

Bpardellas in West New York, New Jersey said: Hey there, I also had an interview with SWA in LGA about 3 weeks ago. I did my finger printin & drug test. I was getting very anxious because was not hearing from them. Patrice contacted me about 2 days ago & told me im clear & ask me when can I start. I said asap, she said now shes waiting for a start date. I asked her does she know where is the training going to be and how long? She said she dont know but this friday there is a group leaving to Houston & another group left to Oklahoma. She said the training is possibly from 30 to 60 days. Im so excited I cant wait to start!

That's good congratulations ! Im at a l

36 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: That's good congratulations ! Im at a l

I just don't know what to think . I haven't been tested only interviewed I inquired and was told I will her something by next week . I haven't received a denial email and a few others have SMH ssssiigggghhh I
Thinking Im not moving forward but still hoping I am if that makes any sense

36 months ago

Bpardellas in West New York, New Jersey said: Hey there, I also had an interview with SWA in LGA about 3 weeks ago. I did my finger printin & drug test. I was getting very anxious because was not hearing from them. Patrice contacted me about 2 days ago & told me im clear & ask me when can I start. I said asap, she said now shes waiting for a start date. I asked her does she know where is the training going to be and how long? She said she dont know but this friday there is a group leaving to Houston & another group left to Oklahoma. She said the training is possibly from 30 to 60 days. Im so excited I cant wait to start!

Did you get fingerprinted the same day ? When did get drug tested ? If you dont mind just trying to figure it all out ... Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bpardellas in Elizabeth, New Jersey

36 months ago

Yea, they told me in the interview that they want me part of SWA. Then they walked me to another room to get finger printed. She then gave me a paper with a phone number to call to get drug tested. I had 48 hrs to get drug tested.

36 months ago

Bpardellas in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Yea, they told me in the interview that they want me part of SWA. Then they walked me to another room to get finger printed. She then gave me a paper with a phone number to call to get drug tested. I had 48 hrs to get drug tested.

Yeah It doesn't look promising for me .. Oh well good luck to you I've only heard good things about SW . I know you are excited !!!

36 months ago

Yea just stay positive. I donna y they didn't fingerprint u though. That's the start of the hiring process.

36 months ago

Bpardellas in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Yea just stay positive. I donna y they didn't fingerprint u though. That's the start of the hiring process.

They are hiring 40 people that's a lot I didn't know 400 people applied it was only around 40 people being interviewed the day I went they must have done interviews another day also

MOM!! in Leavenworth, Kansas

36 months ago

marie43 in South Richmond Hill, New York said: They are hiring 40 people that's a lot I didn't know 400 people applied it was only around 40 people being interviewed the day I went they must have done interviews another day also

My son applied 3 times and the first time phone and f2f, second no phone call, third time phone interview,f2f and then sent to DT and had to get some info from previous employer (pay stubs) And we are now in limbo or ( the holding pattern)!! I say we because I too am waiting for the flight benefits!!!! LOL ..I know this forum is for Southwest people to be hired but I love it !!!

Yuriy-Denver in Denver, Colorado

35 months ago

Good day to everyone. Quick question - here is my bad apple: back in 2008 i spend 2 ( two ) days with one company - kind a probation to see if i fit with they position. I am not. So, later they went out of business. I have no pay stub - for 2 days that i actually work for them i got one check, not a regular pay stub, but a simple check - which i , of course, cashed. Ha no copy of it - only tax return paper. My featured employer run BG check... didn't pass it... can-t found any info that i have been with that company for 2 days... Any good idea, please... And, from another point of view - if there is no any record of that job place, for next time - when i will apply for same employer again - should i even put that work for my record? Already passed drug check, criminal, traffic records ...

35 months ago

Yuriy-Denver in Denver, Colorado said: Good day to everyone. Quick question - here is my bad apple: back in 2008 i spend 2 ( two ) days with one company - kind a probation to see if i fit with they position. I am not. So, later they went out of business. I have no pay stub - for 2 days that i actually work for them i got one check, not a regular pay stub, but a simple check - which i , of course, cashed. Ha no copy of it - only tax return paper. My featured employer run BG check... didn't pass it... can-t found any info that i have been with that company for 2 days... Any good idea, please... And, from another point of view - if there is no any record of that job place, for next time - when i will apply for same employer again - should i even put that work for my record? Already passed drug check, criminal, traffic records ...

Honestly yu shouldnt even report u worked for that company. Cuz it was only for two days & its probably gonna save u a whole lot of trouble from trynna find proof u worked for that company.

Yuriy-Denver in Denver, Colorado

35 months ago

Bpardellas in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Honestly yu shouldnt even report u worked for that company. Cuz it was only for two days & its probably gonna save u a whole lot of trouble from trynna find proof u worked for that company.

Thanks. Have read so much info about if BG Adency find anything you not put in your history, than you done. And, they can't verify it, too bad.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

32 months ago

South West employee killed :-( yhoo.it/zLiswE

Patrickg112 in Elmhurst, New York

32 months ago

Any updates????

Freqflyer in Saint Charles, Missouri

22 months ago

My son applied for a ramp agent about 2 months ago, phone, f2f, DT, fingerprinting all done, in BG check they couldn't verify working for a family member (sister & exboyfriend) this delayed verification of BG check, they said he expired his 45 days allotted. Now an operations agent position is now open to which he is applying for. What do you think his chances are for obtaining this job? He will not include that job on this application.

LUV SouthWest Airlines in Kansas City, Missouri

22 months ago

Slim! Sorry! They just don't bend

22 months ago

Freqflyer in Saint Charles, Missouri said: My son applied for a ramp agent about 2 months ago, phone, f2f, DT, fingerprinting all done, in BG check they couldn't verify working for a family member (sister & exboyfriend) this delayed verification of BG check, they said he expired his 45 days allotted. Now an operations agent position is now open to which he is applying for. What do you think his chances are for obtaining this job? He will not include that job on this application.

Well getting a job in ops is harder than ramp agent. & if he already applied before, they already have his information. When he apply for ops make sure he calls the Pple dept.

Shay88 in St louis, Missouri

15 months ago

Does anyone know if southwest verifies all employment?

Shay88 in St louis, Missouri

15 months ago

Does Southwest call every job on your application? And what if your employment dates aren't accurate?

Tabbott in Spring, Texas

15 months ago

Yes they do and they better be able to get in touch with all your contacts in a timely manner my son had the job as a ramp agent and when they couldn't locate the owner of one of his employers (which happened to be my daughter and an ex boyfriend (they wouldn't accept my daughters acknowledgement bcs of being family) they said his allotted time was up!! However he could never get in touch with the (contracted out) person, she never answered the phone it was always phone tag.

Airport Safety in Enfield, Connecticut

15 months ago

Shay88 in St louis, Missouri said: Does Southwest call every job on your application? And what if your employment dates aren't accurate?

Yes, I was rejected on the ground that my last company folded and the former owner could not be contacted- regardless of the fact that I had every pay stub and tax records

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cory in Spring Grove, Illinois

11 months ago

How often do they hire at Chicago Midway?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.