Staffing Companies (List of the worst)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 136)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Beth in Canyon Lake, Texas

92 months ago

Here is a list of Staffing Companies the are a waste of time to register with.

1.APPLEONE--Blacklists you for turning down anything.
2.SPHERION--Ignores you and doesn't keep you informed.
3.ADECCO--In San Antonio--Once they place you and you find you don't like it and leave they will not replace you anywhere.

4.V.I.P in San Antonio--They require a drug test before they place you and if they do place you again you have to retake it for the company. My opinion that it upon placement.

5.RANSTAD--If you have limits on what hours you can work they will not really try to place you.

6.COMSYS--WORST OF ALL recruiter will call you,offer job, you come in register, at the end of registration,recruiter will say she needs to get authorization to send you to the job opening, recruiter doesn't get ahold of the person that day or next, I then decide to call recruiter at the end of week to find out when I can start, recruiter then tells me I am sorry but the company decided to fill position internally, this has happend 2 times with this same staffing company.I called the corporate office to complain they never responded and did nothing to help me, recruiter then emailed me and said she could no longer help me. DON'T EVEN REGISTER WITH THEM MAJOR LET DOWN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

HEADHUNTER1 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

91 months ago

Why would you reply if someone offered you a job taht you knew going into the details and then you turn it down you are a waste of their time. same things goes for you leaving if you leave with out a standard notice why would we want to replace you somewhere else? Some companies take the time to Place you and not ignore you. Get your facts straight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (68) Reply - Report abuse

HEADHUNTER1 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

91 months ago

Beth in Canyon Lake, Texas said: Here is a list of Staffing Companies the are a waste of time to register with.

3.ADECCO--In San Antonio--Once they place you and you find you don't like it and leave they will not replace you anywhere.

4.V.I.P in San Antonio--They require a drug test before they place you and if they do place you again you have to retake it for the company. My opinion that it upon placement.

5.RANSTAD--If you have limits on what hours you can work they will not really try to place you.

6.COMSYS--WORST OF ALL recruiter will call you,offer job, you come in register, at the end of registration,recruiter will say she needs to get authorization to send you to the job opening, recruiter doesn't get ahold of the person that day or next, I then decide to call recruiter at the end of week to find out when I can start, recruiter then tells me I am sorry but the company decided to fill position internally, this has happend 2 times with this same staffing company.I called the corporate office to complain they never responded and did nothing to help me, recruiter then emailed me and said she could no longer help me. DON'T EVEN REGISTER WITH THEM MAJOR LET DOWN.

Candidates List of the Worst

1. Beth
2. John Doe
3. Jane Doe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (61) Reply - Report abuse

954/Recruiter in Bothell, Washington

91 months ago

Just a wild guess but I'm thinking Headhunter1 is a Spherion employee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David

91 months ago

Spherion in York, PA is HORRIBLE, They have you come in thinking you are being sent on a position that advertised starting @ $20. an hour, you do all the paperwork and they say they have to get your background check done...
A few days later I'm calling for an update because I haven't heard back and whoa!
They are so sorry that this position has been filled internally but good news they have another for $9.00 an hour, YEAH Right I'm not driving 40 miles each way for nearly minimum wage. I can work at a convenience store and make that.
After stating I will not accept that position they now refuse to try to help with anything else. (They asked and I stated what pay range I was looking for)
When I call to the Recruiter the person who answered asked for my name, I am put on hold only to have them come back and say sorry, she just stepped out... Three times this happened, I finally called and gave a muffled name then she answered.
GAME PLAYERS.
What's the deal, they make money buy placing you so they should know that if you are offered less than what you come for your going to turn it down.
Spherion also uses recruiting Ads which bait people to sign up with them. They actually admitted this stating that its standard practice in this industry.
I totally hate agency positions and I think that contractor jobs which seem to be the thing nowadays have pretty much done away with the old HR Dept. This is one of the biggest mistakes ever.
These people are far worse than a used car salesman.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No Reply - Report abuse

private in Louisville, Kentucky

90 months ago

Spherion is bad in Louisville too. I filed out a posting online for an eletronics tech. I went through a 100 question online form, and spent another hour filing out other stuff. I received an email later that day by the Louisville office lady (name will be withheld) who said please come in to complete the process. When I arrived, same lady did not know of that job although I had an email stating thank you for applying for the Electronic technician job with Spherion. I filled out 10 pages of forms in the local office although she kept assuring me she had something. I told her I do computer work too, three different time. Another guy said he was looking for computer work and she sent him to the "office that handles that". But he was white and I am not. My 4 hours wasted in vein that day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Glenda in Fort Collins, Colorado

90 months ago

private in Louisville, Kentucky said: Spherion is bad in Louisville too. I filed out a posting online for an eletronics tech. I went through a 100 question online form, and spent another hour filing out other stuff. I received an email later that day by the Louisville office lady (name will be withheld) who said please come in to complete the process. When I arrived, same lady did not know of that job although I had an email stating thank you for applying for the Electronic technician job with Spherion. I filled out 10 pages of forms in the local office although she kept assuring me she had something. I told her I do computer work too, three different time. Another guy said he was looking for computer work and she sent him to the "office that handles that". But he was white and I am not. My 4 hours wasted in vein that day.

This sounds like discrimination. PLEASE report this to your local federal EEOC office. They can do a 'sting' operation and see if this is a trend. == Perhaps prevent someone else from going thru this frustration. Do it for you and for future applicants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Advice in Lynchburg, Virginia

90 months ago

Ajilon is also a bad placing agency.

My experience, have worked for Ajion for a couple of assignments and worked out very well then the next assignment they send me to some mortgage company on the brink of closing and have be filing papers all day. I called the first day on the assignment and told them I wanted something different because it was too far and work to redundant. They said if I could stick it out for a week they wouldn't hold it against me because I would have given them a weeks notice which I did and if I felt the same way by Friday they would look for something else for me. Well Friday comes I try to call and tell them I want out couldn't get a hold of the chic then later she calls me and asks if I could stick it out one more week, I declined and she says your sure I said YES. I just don't have patience for job a monkey could do all day and they never worked with me again. I complained to the headquarters but nothing happened.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Helped by Resource Accounting... in Charlotte, North Carolina

90 months ago

I work in Charlotte and have recently been placed by a firm called Resource Accounting. I was also placed with them while living in Dallas/Fort Worth area and was treated great in both situations. If you are tired of being treated bad... Reach out to Resource Accounting as they seemed to truly be looking out for my best interests!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

craig in New York, New York

90 months ago

Avoid working through Placement companies. It is like adding an extra step, they may know about some jobs that you do not, but with a tiny bit of research you usually end up finding out abou the jobs without them. Plus if you find a job without a placement company there are less hoops to jump through to get a job (less interviews, drug/background tests.) Placement companies are bad!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gaylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois

90 months ago

I oewe evrything to Spherion. When other companies would not hire me and other agency would not place me becase of my criminAL Record. Spherion took a chance and now i have been a contract work for the 3+ years. Spherion is great in my opinion all you other got bad attitue. YOU DO NOT CRAP WERE YOU SLEEP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

David

90 months ago

Gaylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois said: I oewe evrything to Spherion. When other companies would not hire me and other agency would not place me becase of my criminAL Record. Spherion took a chance and now i have been a contract work for the 3+ years. Spherion is great in my opinion all you other got bad attitue. YOU DO NOT CRAP WERE YOU SLEEP

Your comment says it all... Obviously Spherion must have received some sort of job order needing to be filled by someone with no experience (your spelling and lack of computer skills to use spell check is proof of that).
If Spherion is so helpful for you, then ask yourself why have you been a contracted worker for 3+ years?... no benefits or permanant placement, I wouldn't exactly consider this helpful.
You mean nothing to Spherion except that they are drawing a check each week from YOU doing the actual work while they cut you a check for part of what is being paid by the company you go to work for each day.
By the way, if you really cared about yourself you could have found a job even with a past criminal record within the 3 years of contracting.
I have worked in the past with people who have been convicted felons and that does not stop them from being hired into high paying jobs. You may have to go through more to actually get the job but proving that you are worthy is part of what you will have to deal with in life after having been convicted of being a criminal.
Just because you have done something in the past does not mean it should slow you down for your future. You and only YOU can make changes in your life for the better. By allowing Spherion to hold you back working you only as a contractor you are not allowing yourself to find your true potential.
If you are really smart you will work your contracted job and continue to search for something that is permanant, long time and can give you a better future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sick of Spherion in Darien, Illinois

90 months ago

Spherion is the worst as far as getting a response to any postings
and lets not forget Officeteam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wow!!! in Madison, New Jersey

90 months ago

WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

Gaylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois said: Maybe you are not a good work. Spherion is great. Form ur posstis seem u have abad attitued. and sound like a prick

I think Gaylord Finkkles is telln' da trut az he seez it. Form hiz expuranse u al hav uh attitued prubllem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Wow!!! in Madison, New Jersey

90 months ago

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!!?!?!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dedalus in Plainview, New York

90 months ago

I had no luck with Spherion at all.

They advertised some contract jobs, near me, at a pretty good wage. But, I had to go through their "on line application" process first.

Fill out BIG LONG FORM. Then, their spiffy computer insists on assigning me to their Connecticut office, because it's the closest. It sure is...if you can fly.

Then, nothing. Complete waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Luck Dragon in Plano, Texas

90 months ago

David said: Your comment says it all... Obviously Spherion must have received some sort of job order needing to be filled by someone with no experience (your spelling and lack of computer skills to use spell check is proof of that).
If Spherion is so helpful for you, then ask yourself why have you been a contracted worker for 3+ years?... no benefits or permanant placement, I wouldn't exactly consider this helpful.
You mean nothing to Spherion except that they are drawing a check each week from YOU doing the actual work while they cut you a check for part of what is being paid by the company you go to work for each day.
By the way, if you really cared about yourself you could have found a job even with a past criminal record within the 3 years of contracting.
I have worked in the past with people who have been convicted felons and that does not stop them from being hired into high paying jobs. You may have to go through more to actually get the job but proving that you are worthy is part of what you will have to deal with in life after having been convicted of being a criminal.
Just because you have done something in the past does not mean it should slow you down for your future. You and only YOU can make changes in your life for the better. By allowing Spherion to hold you back working you only as a contractor you are not allowing yourself to find your true potential.
If you are really smart you will work your contracted job and continue to search for something that is permanant, long time and can give you a better future.

David you're a punk. Grow up. At least the poster HAS a job and HAS been working.

PS. You misspelled permanent TWICE
"(your spelling and lack of computer skills to use spell check is proof of that)."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Private in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

Spherion - home of low wages and lies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Private in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

Damn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in San Diego, California

90 months ago

Luck Dragon in Plano, Texas said: With the way you write, I'm surprised they let you out of your cardboard box.

FYI, there should be a comma after "writes" and after "computer"

To quote you; "What a Retard."

Have a nice day.

You are a total idiot. You probably work for Spherion making a whopping $6.50 an hour. Guess that can be expected from an idiot in Texas. (You don't know any better)
And so you know, my Home probably is worth 10x more than yours in that stink hole suburb of Dallas called Plano and I guarantee its not made of cardboard. If you want to argue anymore bring it on. It's smart asses like yourself who keep these forums going.
By the way, what makes you think the poster named "David" does not have a job? He never said he was unemployed?
So you have yourself a nice day too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

90 months ago

I agree with all of the above and like to add one more staffing agency to the list. Nelson Staffing. I am not sure if there is one, but once they send you on assignment and if the client happens to send a temp home because the assignment wasn't finish yet, you won't get another call from them ever again. That happened to me. The company needed 2 temps and she managed to tell me she no longer needs me. The assignment wasn't finish because there was a lot of data entry that needed to be done. I got sent home and never received another assignment ever again from them. I am glad I found myself a job that is permanent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tired. in Lynchburg, Virginia

90 months ago

I remember I was sent to a job from Paige Personnel in IL to do some data entry work. When I arrived at the job site this guy took me into his office and he said a couple of words to me and then I'm waiting until he is ready to show me what to do, while he is typing on his computer and drinking his coffee. I think I waited for about an hour or two then he finally shows me what I am to be doing. I already confirmed with the agency that I had an appointment to go to and the guy also knew. I left to go to my appointment about 30 minutes to lunch time and almost after I got out of the appointment my cell phone rings and its the agency telling me not to come back to the job. Some lame excuse that he doesn't need me, I was glad anyway and I begin to tell the agency lady about how he had me sitting there for almost 2 hours while he acts as if I'm not there typing and drinking coffee. I should have left but I didn't want to ruin my chances with the agency as far as getting other jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EMPLOYED in Spartanburg, South Carolina

90 months ago

Sometimes it takes going through an agency just to get your foot in the door. Do not get discouraged, I started as a "TEMP" and now I have been employed with the company for 8 years and I make $92,875.00 a year. If you want it you have to go get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

unjob in Tampa, Florida

90 months ago

Beth in Canyon Lake, Texas said: Here is a list of Staffing Companies the are a waste of time to register with.

Spherion in FL also is horrible, if you have friends just tell them NOT to use this agency, is the only way to fight against mediocre agencies and stop their abuse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

unjob in Tampa, Florida

90 months ago

David said: Spherion in York, PA is HORRIBLE, They have you come in thinking you are being sent on a position that advertised starting @ $20. an hour, you do all the paperwork and they say they have to get your background check done...
A few days later I'm calling for an update because I haven't heard back and whoa!
They are so sorry that this position has been filled internally but good news they have another for $9.00 an hour, YEAH Right I'm not driving 40 miles each way for nearly minimum wage. I can work at a convenience store and make that.
After stating I will not accept that position they now refuse to try to help with anything else. (They asked and I stated what pay range I was looking for)
When I call to the Recruiter the person who answered asked for my name, I am put on hold only to have them come back and say sorry, she just stepped out... Three times this happened, I finally called and gave a muffled name then she answered.
GAME PLAYERS.
What's the deal, they make money buy placing you so they should know that if you are offered less than what you come for your going to turn it down.
Spherion also uses recruiting Ads which bait people to sign up with them. They actually admitted this stating that its standard practice in this industry.
I totally hate agency positions and I think that contractor jobs which seem to be the thing nowadays have pretty much done away with the old HR Dept. This is one of the biggest mistakes ever.
These people are far worse than a used car salesman.

Spherion in FL also is horrible, if you have friends just tell them NOT to use this agency, is the only way to fight against mediocre agencies and stop their abuse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobseeking Guru in Lebanon, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Rule #1
Never call a temp service back. Let them call you

Rule #2
Never accept a temp position. Direct-hire only

Most recruiting firms are nothing more than p_i_m_p_s for job seekers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

renee in Hayward, California

89 months ago

umm whats a good Staffing Company? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Louisville, Kentucky

89 months ago

Good question, sweety Renee, but wrong forum! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BL in Tucson

89 months ago

There is a sort of irony in that (with rare exception) staffing firms only benefit jobseekers who would likely have minimal trouble securing a job if they looked on their own.

From my perspective, it seems that these firms only concentrate on the totally obvious fits. The very good recruiter should be able to realize and make matches in less obvious cases and actually provide a benefit to the client but I am finding such recruiters elusive to find.

In my own situation, I have been away from Accounting for a number of years and am now finding re-entry into the field seemingly impossible, despite the massive shortage of quality candidates. I could understand it if it was a tough job market for those seeking but that isn't the case at all. Very frustrating when it is presumed I have somehow forgotten all I ever learned when I haven't forgotten a thing.

Anyway, I'm a perfect situation of someone flying under the radar (and thus a great opportunity for a placement firm) but will likely not be placed because only the rare recruiter actually adds any value (beyond finding a job for someone who doesn't want to spend any time looking for himself).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tenacious in Fayetteville, Arkansas

89 months ago

Gaylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois said: Maybe you are not a good work. Spherion is great. Form ur posstis seem u have abad attitued. and sound like a prick

Before you cast stones at others, please look at your grammar, spelling and sentence structure skills. Knowledge is power and education is the core of success. Just my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christopher in Charlotte, North Carolina

89 months ago

Well I'm finding it hard to get a job here I had some problems because my mom's boyfriend robed a store with me in the truck I was never in trobble befor but pled gulty so I could get out of jail it was to be with held but now ther say I have a back ground I need to find a job but don't know where to look because of this if you have an helpful ides please let my know my e-mail is st0on3r@yahoo.com thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Precious in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Gaylord Finkkles in Rockford, Illinois said: I oewe evrything to Spherion. When other companies would not hire me and other agency would not place me becase of my criminAL Record. Spherion took a chance and now i have been a contract work for the 3+ years. Spherion is great in my opinion all you other got bad attitue. YOU DO NOT CRAP WERE YOU SLEEP

Thanks for your input because I was a school teacher for the last five years but due to me being a victim of a scam ( trusting someone I thought was a friend)has costed me to have a criminal background record in which I've now lost my career and so much more. It's been difficult finding a job.All I'm seeking for is for a company to just give me a chance so I can work and get my life started all over again. Thanks again for your remarks. Remarks such as yours really helps a person that is in the same situation as you and I to realize there is still hope to get a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Network Engineer in Louisville, Kentucky

89 months ago

CHRISTY SPENCE in LOUISVILLE KY/ SOUTHERN INDIANA and a company called EBIT. I cannot find this company on the web and she will take you to a cheap azz coffee meeting, waste 2 hours of your time, promise to send you alot of places where she has "connections" and their openings, secretly contact former jobs without your permission, then never respond to your emails except after 2 weeks and with some jobs you said you DID NOT want to do. A name search on Google reveals some investigator by same name. BUYER BEWARE......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida

89 months ago

HEADHUNTER1 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Why would you reply if someone offered you a job taht you knew going into the details and then you turn it down you are a waste of their time. same things goes for you leaving if you leave with out a standard notice why would we want to replace you somewhere else? Some companies take the time to Place you and not ignore you. Get your facts straight.

How do you know what your supervisor is going to be like, or the corporate environment.
The biggest flaw with you guys is you call some one and say I have a position , and after jumping thru your hoops you never hear anything again,
What the heck is up with that
I have had Appleone call me twice this week stating they have a position that matches my skills and abilities
Filled out the application on line, went in for the interview, the young lady stated she would contact the company the next morning I called Tue after noon she had not sent it in, Wed she was going to do it today, Thur. unavailable to speak with me and ditto for the second lady as well
So what the heck is up with you guys, you can call me at 8:30 at night but nothing else right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob Slidel in Hollywood, Florida

89 months ago

A lot of these agencies do not have "true" recruiters. Most of them are sales people that may have at most 2 years of true recruiting experience. Their skill is simply matching buzz words on your resume to their job requisition and probably have never conducted a real behavioral interview in their life. This is much different than an in-house recruiter. They need your first to jump through the hoops or "register" with their company in order to legally represent you to their client. If their client passes on you, then you no longer are a value to the agency and at most times pitched into the trash.

Take notice on how the agency approaches you. Did they actually go through a phone interview with you or was it "hey I got a job that would be great for you"? Do they ask you any questions about what your looking for? What is a fit for you? If no, then its pretty obvious that they didn't care in the first place. You just a number. Fact is - NEVER rely on an agency to find you a job. They can be a good back up if all else fails but you must do your own job search as well. You come with a price tag when your being represented by an agency. Usually 15%-30% of your first years salary. If the client is budget conscious, they going with the candidate that doesn't come with a price tag.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

michele in New York in Brooklyn, New York

89 months ago

In a perfect world, we wouldn't have to worry about all this dishonesty and
shoddy work ethic that seems to pervade the job landscape. Jobs are misrepresented to candidates. And clients never want to pay a fee. The job seeker often gets used and hurt in the process. There still is no substitute for a good relationship. And good relationships need to be forged. Staffing agencies need to exhibit some leadership in this area.

Plus, there is a general veil of trade secrets that hovers over the whole mess. Candidates should just be aware of all this and hold on to their integrity no matter what. If you sense a deceptive practice, turn down the job and run for the elevator.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Boca Raton, Florida

89 months ago

AUGUST 26, 2007 ARE THERE ANY UPRIGHT, CONSCIENTIOUS, PROFESSIONAL RECRUITING AGENCIES OUT THERE IN THE SOUTH FLORIDA REGION? I HAVE HAD MANY OF THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE READ COMMENTS ABOUT SO WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST THAT THE RECRUITING AGENCY THAT ACTUALLY PROVIDES A SERVICE TO ITS EMPLOYEES WILL PROBABLY DO VERY WELL IN SOUTH FLORIDA. PLEASE RECRUITERS, HELP US OUT!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mypie in Cary, Illinois

89 months ago

Add to this list Working World in Crystal Lake!

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

89 months ago

Guide

I'm saddened to read so much frustration people have gone through with staffing/recruiting firms.
At one time, I was co-owner of a small, but successful firm (until the recession knocked us out of the business.) We called EVERYONE who interviewed for employers - and returned almost (can't claim 100% - no one can) every call from people who signed up with us.

Further, we made certain as best we could the "fit" was good for BOTH the employer AND the candidate.

We felt if we did what was right and worked very hard we could succeed. For some time we did.

Because we were small, each of us worked what's called a "full desk." We dealt with BOTH candidates and employers the whole way through the process. We found candidates and brought them in; we found business via sales to employers and focused on service. So, each of us knew our "people" better - and felt a real stake in what happened with each person and with each company.

That approach has enabled me to sustain positive relationships with companies and former candidates over 5 years since we had to close.

However, most firms seem to divide between recruiters and "account managers" who handle business development.

I think it's much less personal and leads to more of a hurry to get things done, not to get things done right.

And that may be a major factor as to why so many people have issues with staffing firms.

No, we could never guarantee people a job.
No one can or should.

But, if you know who you are dealing with, you might end up caring about them enough to treat them more like people and less like revenue streams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mypie in Cary, Illinois

89 months ago

Staffing Agencies used to be a good place to find a job or fill in time when you were between jobs - But now, they just s u c k! They Don't Help You A Bit. And, if you get a bad employer - and the employer lies about you - you get blackballed from any other jobs - not the employer.

Examples of this - Kelly Services. I was temp-to-hire for a small office job. I spent 2 weeks training with the girl that was leaving, then the first week I was alone the SOB chased me around the office! I'll never forget him is last name was Andognini (emphasis on DOG). As soon as he left the office for lunch - I called Kelly and explained the situation - Kelly told me to leave! What he was doing was illegal! Yet, Kelly refused to send me on another assignment. I WAS BLACKBALLED!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

William Free in Forest Park, Illinois

89 months ago

Question? Mark did have experience for the job you were applying for? Matter of fact did all the people on this site look at themselves before they blamed the recruiting firms. Recruiters can only do so much, so why dont you guys stop looking for someone to blame, and start looking in the mirror. But, when you look at yourself in the mirror, ask yourself these simple questions, am i qualified? Do I have a degree in the field I'm apply for? Do i have the necessary years of experience this job requires? If you answered "yes" to these simple questions, you have a right to be mad, but if you answered "noooo" maybe you should re-route your dreams and certainly not blame the recruiter.

Mark in Houston, Texas said: Spherion - home of low wages and lies.
recruiter List of the Worst
Kia Patterson

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Worked for a temp agency in San Diego, California

88 months ago

I worked with a specialized temp agency for two years, and I can tell you that at least my company cared very much about their temps. I worked in sales and account management, and I will tell you that if you walk off a job, you shouldn't hold the agency responsible. Do you realize what it does to the agency's reputation when you walk off? You need to take the time to ask the recruiter the right questions, and you will not be surprised your first day on the job.

Now that being said.......

Stick with the specialized agencies. If you have to come into the office to complete tests, forget about it. Go to a national agency that specializes in your field, and take a little time on a website like this to see what others think about them. Also, find out if the company is privately or publicly held.

Best of luck to all of you looking for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

heather-b in Stone Mountain, Georgia

88 months ago

Why does everything have to be a racial issue?

private in Louisville, Kentucky said: Spherion is bad in Louisville too. I filed out a posting online for an eletronics tech. I went through a 100 question online form, and spent another hour filing out other stuff. I received an email later that day by the Louisville office lady (name will be withheld) who said please come in to complete the process. When I arrived, same lady did not know of that job although I had an email stating thank you for applying for the Electronic technician job with Spherion. I filled out 10 pages of forms in the local office although she kept assuring me she had something. I told her I do computer work too, three different time. Another guy said he was looking for computer work and she sent him to the "office that handles that". But he was white and I am not. My 4 hours wasted in vein that day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Staffing Veteran in Somewhere, Alabama

88 months ago

Please understand that not every applicant to a position is a good fit. Are you contacted immediately by every private employer that you contact for an advertised position? Staffing firms are no different, as they are paid by their clients to present only candidates that represent a fit based on previous experience, qualifications, credentials, etc. Though you may not have received immediate communication when applying for a position, trust that when a position surfaces that meets your qualifications, you will be contacted.

That being said, what do you look for in a staffing agency? One that sends you on an assignment the second you apply? These firms are not looking for qualified employees, rather bodies to fill a slot in their client base. Did they check your professional references? Did they ask you to provide any? I would also note that any staffing firm that sends you on a temporary/contract assignment without performing "due diligence" i.e reference checking, criminal record checking, drug screening, represents a firm that few employers would consider as a business partner.

The staffing industry provides job opportunities to millions of individuals every year. The ultimate goal of every reputable firm is to place qualified candidates in positions in which they can succeed, and become a permanent employee, unless the position is truly contract and the employee is compensated fairly on contract status.

Ask anyone who has worked in the staffing industry and you will find that their greatest achievements have been placing individuals who exceeded expectations and found a position that they love! Conversely, we all have stories of candidates who failed beyond our wildest dreams, and put us in precarious situations with our clients. We work with people, not machines. Not every placement is a success. Any employee that gives a "good faith" effort is generally considered for future employment, while those who prove to be unreliable employees are not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joey Azatta in Las Vegas, Nevada

88 months ago

954/Recruiter in Bothell, Washington said: Just a wild guess but I'm thinking Headhunter1 is a Spherion employee?

I would agree...

Joey Azatta in Las Vegas, Nevada

88 months ago

Your a prime example of a "low Life" ...the others have clean records, yours is obvious..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Past Recruiter in Sammamish, Washington

88 months ago

Ok, I worked for this terrible company on assignment at a cool client. The onsite Spherion staff were unprofessional, non-performing, and thank god I was out of there quickly to a place..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless GA Mom in Lawrenceville, Georgia

88 months ago

heather-b in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Why does everything have to be a racial issue?

Because it is a true fact that they are racist in Georgia! Of course you wouldn't understand because you are on the other side of the fence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Understood in Lynchburg, Virginia

88 months ago

I hear ya! They think they have problems. Its nothing compared to finding work as a minority. Constantly going to interview hoping someone will look at your skills rather than your skin and how compatible you are with the rest of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.