DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

landofentrashment in Rio Rancho, New Mexico

97 months ago

I agree this company is the worst company. They have no respect for customers, I can only imagine how they must treat their employees

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ron pessia in Hayward, California

97 months ago

I worked for sprint in altamont springs, florida and would take a job here if I could get one. As far as how they treated technicians it was fine. Even the on-call was optional, I worked there over a year and never took the on-call. When I left they took me to lunch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ava in Dallas, Texas

96 months ago

sprint is the worst company in the world. sweat shop is right. i've worked there for over 3 years. the reason we treat our customer like crap is because our big bosses up there teat us like crap. we are nothing but workers for them and that's it. they don't care if we quit or die.money is there #1 thing.the only reason I haven't quit is because I get free service and I don't need another bill.if the head people would get out of their fancy offices and actually work in a store with us , then maybe they could see what we have to put up . you can't make decision sitting in an office you need to go out in the field. I hate there ways and it will never get better for us or the customers. true story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

justbeachin in Pensacola, Florida

95 months ago

Hate to burst your bubble, but there are thousands of good companies that ARE in business that shouldn't be...Just because a company is in business, does not mean that they are a "Good" company...What a weird "assumption"..(We all know what assume means too..LOL.) Haven't had experience with Spring personally, but not all big companies are good ones either. There are some that need to have the whistle blown on them!!!...Been there and done that with some of the bad ones!!..Don't need to experience bad ones anymore!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

T A in Kansas City, Missouri

95 months ago

Perhaps you should look inward if you have had so much experience with "bad" companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

kevin13 ting in Singapore, Singapore

93 months ago

Seriously.....NEVER EVER work in MediaVision singapore. The manager has been changed for 10 PA"s". Some of the bosses have bad temper.. I think it is fine, as long as they are smart and know how to manage their time and so on. BUT GUESS WHAT?! He is soOOoooo ridiculous!!! He himself not so sure what he talk... He can tell you go for lunch now, then yet he call and scold you why you go for lunch??? He can tell you there will be have a meeting with client at 2pm. then 2PM he is still in the office, when you remind him, he will scold you not to teach him how to do. It is not the worse part!!! He knows you have a meeting at 3pm, but he drag for time still talk to you when you have informed you have a meeting at 3pm.. thill 220pm, he pass you something and ask you to do right now. Then if you remind him again if you have a meeting at 3pm, then there is no time for you to do right now. maybe after meeting client will do the rest of the job. He will scold you and say you duno how to manage your time!!!!! Is it ridiculous!!!! Stay in the company is not good for all the stuff.. Coz he like to control all things.. even small things he also wanna control!!! Go to toilet, go for lunch!!! Come on! If you are such a boss that dun even can't trust you stuff in this small matter, I don't think you can keep your good stuff in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kevin13 ting in Singapore, Singapore

93 months ago

For all the good stuff !!! IF you really wanna work and grow in a company PLS PLS PLS Don't put your leg in Tiger's mouth!!!. When you gonna leave the company , he will THREATEN you!!!!! SO the best choice is DUN EVER GO IN TO INTERVIEW!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kgoundan in Kansas City, Missouri

69 months ago

I had worked at Sprint many years ago and it was a hellhole for me. During my time there I had so much difficulty understanding how to do my job, what to do, and what was expected from me that I wondered how I even got the job. No matter how hard I strained myself to understand the job I still couldn't do it well enough, and I had a hard time dealing with the internal customers. I was eventually put on the disciplinary process because of my poor performance and my performance slipped even more because of the increased stress and pressure in my department to get new applications tested on time and to perform testing support, which I especially failed miserably at because of my poor communication skills. Rather than risk getting fired, I quit when I was on the verge of being fired after a final written warning of my performance. They even cut training for the whole department because of the increased demands, so I couldn't better myself there.

I ended up having to learn new skills to get a new job, but I am happy with the job I have now. Don't get duped at Sprint no matter how much they offer you. I had joined after getting laid off at my previous company and Sprint was not the company I imagined it to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Caspiansails in Jefferson, Maryland

56 months ago

I have worked for Sprint for more than ten years and have generally found the experience to be positive. I work as an Engineer and have always had good relationships with my peers and management teams including the VP level management teams. It is true for the past couple of years training and other expenses have been cut back but are now beginning to return. I will say, though, that another year with no salary increases will cause me to begin to explore other opportunities. It is the same with most companies - if you have the right skills, are willing to continually learn new ones and adapt you can be successful. Even with very technical jobs you need to have soft skills to excel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gary "Clueless" Forsee in Broomfield, Colorado

29 months ago

T A in Kansas City, Missouri said: Perhaps you should look inward if you have had so much experience with "bad" companies.

And this is a typical Sprint passive-aggressive attitude response - arrogant and accusatory.

I was unfortunate enough to have to work WITH (not for) Sprint for a few years, and I have never seen a more dysfunctional outfit in my life. The joke among all of us in the account team that had to work with Sprint employees and, even worse, their executive management
was that Sprint is where the author of the comic strip "Dilbert" got all his material.

Even worse was the corruption and waste from their internal vendor, Trammell Crow, creating unnecessary projects for themselves, moving people around for no reason, and then billing Sprint for work THEY needlessly created.

Perhaps YOU should go pound sand on your OP "campus" (looks more like a penitentiary) and look inward yourself, if you can stand it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Javier26 in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

By ignoring its customers Sprint shows great arrogance and, like the saying goes, pride comes before a fall. Not only that, but Sprint also fails to realize that their multitude of unhappy employees and call center agents also account for a very large majority of lost customers threefold : first, the employees and call center agents will not become potential customers if unhappy and treated poorly; second, if they are already customers then they will likely terminate relationship; and last, word of mouth for potential customers becomes impossible when workers are unhappy. It's like they consider the two to be separate when, in fact, employees and customers are the same -- literally. The most successful companies recognize this wisdom and that is why they value and respect customers and workers alike because they know each possesses the great potential to become one in the same. And without one you will eventually lose the other. The most successful companies realize this and that is why companies such as Apple are leading the way. Apple knows how to treat its employees like gold and, in turn, they become loyal customers; and vice versa, the customers are so happy with Apple they want to become employees. Hence this makes for a very happy Apple environment. It is truly a shame that Sprint does not realize this and it is the reason why turnover is so high. Instead of making improvements in management they blame the help -- which, in reality, is like blaming the customers. And then they wonder why they have amongst the highest rate of lost customers. It's like a dog spinning around chasing its own tail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ughblah in Blue Springs, Missouri

17 months ago

I worked for one of the Sprint Call centers as a csr and I hated it! Every call I had to take was an angry customer yelling about how much they hate Sprint and how they have had bad service for years yet they keep renewing their contract. I took calls for our "most valued" customers yet we could not transfer them if they threatened to cancel but we didn't access to any kind of tools to help retain customers and could only offer them up to a $15 credit. If they weren't satisfied with that we had to get a sup and keep the customer on hold forever while we waited for the supervisor to get off another escalated call before we could transfer or get assistance. Another thing I couldn't stand was they started changing everything to self service so we couldn't take payments, swap phones, block numbers, and other things customers needed help with. We had to refer customers to Sprint's website and walk them through when they were already frustrated when it would of been easier in the first place if we could just do it for them. I remember I had a customer ask me, "well, what DO you guys do?" While all this is going on I had to get no survey score under a 4 and keep my average handle time low. I also clearly remember when I had my phone interview they said this is NOT a sales position yet when I got on the floor they made us push offers and if we didn't meet the quota we would get coached or written up. One good thing about working there though was that you could bonus out but the offers were apart of that so if you're not comfortable pushing offers on customers who are already mad because of network vision forget about that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gbraines in Waco, Texas

16 months ago

kevin13 ting in Singapore, Singapore said: For all the good stuff !!! IF you really wanna work and grow in a company PLS PLS PLS Don't put your leg in Tiger's mouth!!!. When you gonna leave the company , he will THREATEN you!!!!! SO the best choice is DUN EVER GO IN TO INTERVIEW!!!

I too was a vict. from a sham of a company. after repeat insults in 3 days i finally told the " mentor" to let me out of his "road hazard" of a car. then when i got back to my vehicle, my non-mentor called the boss. i told him the deal, and he sounded like he cared. however, the HR people got mad at me for not resigning the right way! Excuse me, I no longer work for you. Sorry that i caused you to do some actual HR work!! i could not believe that she said that. the only thing that they wanted to pin on me was using profane language " screw this noise" was all the dirt that they could put on me. i replied that if i wanted to be profane i would use the F work. what a job.if you see COMPUC** burn the message. i did however have satisfaction knowing that the A**hole had a bad weekend!! yea!! i don't normally wish bad on anyone, this guy was a piece of work. yes, BURN BABY, BURN!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

prae in Simpsonville, South Carolina

7 months ago

Sprint is UNPROFESSIONAL!!
A friend referred me to apply at sprint. I did the application and was called in for an interview. I interviewed with the store manager and district manager and was offered the job. The same week I went to the temp Service they used and filled out all the paperwork and then took the drug test. Three weeks went by and I haven't head anything. I called to check up on the process and the store manager said he knew nothing. Then I hear from the temp service calls me and says they told her they were not bringing me in anymore. This is after I did all my paperwork work, quit my 2 part time jobs! And till this day they haven't called me and told me this. This company is just as bad as their crappy service. Stay far far away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.