How to get a job at Sprint.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Sprint? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

diana in Pensacola, Florida

89 months ago

i would love to wotk with sprint i am a great people person and i am fun to wotk with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

AshleyReneeMason in Golden Eagle, Illinois

89 months ago

I am intersted in a job at sprint.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

Although someone from Sprint may see this forum, you may have a better response by applying directly to the job posting. You can do a company search on Indeed by typing in "company:company name" in the What search box. When you find a job listing that interests you, click on it and you'll be directed to the site the job is originally posted, and there you will find instructions on how to apply. Here is a sample search, you can just add a location: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=sprint&rbc=Sprint&jcid=88d070a75f3896d5 Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

miranda

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Sprint? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

my advice is to apply on line and call your local sprint store or go in and talk to the manager and see if they have reviewed your application..you will get an even faster response if you go in with a copy of your resume and the copy of your application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sunr in Holland, Ohio

88 months ago

miranda said: my advice is to apply on line and call your local sprint store or go in and talk to the manager and see if they have reviewed your application..you will get an even faster response if you go in with a copy of your resume and the copy of your application.

you are correct thats how I got my job at Sprint I just walked in and asked if they were hiring and gave the manager my resume, I dont work for them any longer but the pay is excellant and benefits are great too. I just couldnt stand the demands from the customer's...and I went into another field of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

notachance in Rio Rancho, New Mexico

86 months ago

If working for them is anything like having sprint as your cell phone carrier then it must be a nightmare to work for them...read up on Sprint, they recieved the worst customer satisfaction rating of any company on the entire planet earth.

I would live under a bridge before I worked for them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Grammarian in Mobile, Alabama

86 months ago

Sprint named itself for what its customers should do when leaving the store to find a better carrier.

Sprint is also the bald infinitive form of the verb describing how quickly a job applicant should avoid this low quality employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bryan

84 months ago

This job was posted in early August. I mailed my resume/cover letter, took one to a Sprint Store and applied online. I have ten years of account management, merchandising and calling on accounts. This one of those companies who keep renewing their ad and could vey well be not interview for it. I would not put all of my equity in them calling you!

Bryan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Ingoglia in Rio Rancho, New Mexico

83 months ago

<Edited by Host: Job opportunity removed>

Thank you all for using the indeed forums. In accordance with our policies, any advertising, contact info or employment offers posted on these forums will be removed. If you would like to contact each other please set up a profile and put your contact info there www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fannie in Farmington, Michigan

83 months ago

Hey SPRINT! Do you seriously pay someone to put the same old ads into these websites on a daily basis? If so, I want the minimum wage job! What a WASTE of time!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Chris James in Lake Mary, Florida

74 months ago

I just went to take an assessment test at sprint for a call center job. I finished the assessment test before everyone else. But my test didnt prompt me to take any of the other portions of the test. So i asked an assistant and they said "There are long and short versions of the assessment test". After that, they said they would contact me by e-mail within 7-10 days and took my resume. What does this mean? Is this normal? I was expecting to at least have an interview today, and I am very qualified and have passed many assessments before no problem. Can anyone help??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Jamesdoolen in San Diego, California

73 months ago

How long did it take for you to hear after submitting for the background check? Did it take more than a week for Sprint to give you the official job offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Jamesdoolen in San Diego, California

73 months ago

I don't think anyone would do that, and that is a very foolish thing to ask on an open forum. Very dumb. It is illegal and they would risk their job as well as their freedom. If you believe that your wife is being unfaithful you should hire a private Investigator to find out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Kyloo in Timmins, Ontario

70 months ago

Ive worked with Sprint for quite sometime now, and I absolutely dread going to work EVERYDAY. I am a care rep and the abuse is just unreal, when im the 3rd person theyve talked too and theyre nobosy knows what theyre doing because sprint changes policies everyday, i care about the customers and im surprised sprint is still in buisness. not to mention they make it extremely difficult for you to get bonus they changed their evaluations again for the millionth time, because they say "they pay out too much" even so i would think it means were doing a good job. i dont think they really care about theyre employees or their customers. they constantly threat you with being fired if youre not 'up to code' like if you talk on the phone with a customer for more then 8 minutes, i mean come on we cant fix everything in that amount of time especially when it comes to billing. or if you forget to say your closing, or if the cust is off the line and ur noting an account they are on you within 1 minute, or if your on a 45+ minute call you have to track and if u get so many u pretty much get canned, shall i go on? i mean walmart has more competitive wages now. sadly i still work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

slim caramel in Columbia, South Carolina

69 months ago

Disgusted Sprint Employee!! in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I currently work for Sprint in their call center. I am a cust. care rep. I am in my mid 30's and have work experience w/ "Professional" companies and Sprint isn't one of them. They are extremely unprofessional. They disrespect and humiliate their employees right out in the open infront of other employees. You are basically told that if u don't like how ur treated u can leave. Your constantly threatened w/being fired. I am very efficient w/my work. I truely want to help the customers which Sprint hates. Your constantly hounded to get the customer off the phone. They supervisors walk around w/Nextel phones and people shout over the phone employees name who are on long calls. They cuss and yell at employees. They threaten you constantly! This is a easy job. But if u are a good person w/ethics don't work for sprint. I resolve my customers issues so they are happy when I end the call. Oh nooo, I'm threatened to be fired for handle time. They want u to rush customers off the phone. Sprint had NO idea what professionalism is. Dan Heiss lives it up and has Slave Labor going on in their call centers. Pay is $12 hr, no raises. Bonus? If u r lucky. U can't track what u cell so u never know what u should get for a bonus if u get one. If u have no morals and don't care how ur treated then work for them. Myself, I'm looking for a "Professional" company that will appreciate and respect me! Good Luck!

I have a orientation at the sprint call center in charlotte, nc on the 28th. I would like to know what to expect during the interview process. I heard alot of bad things about their administration department, but right now im trying to leave the law enforcement field and if they hire me it would help get the experience i need. Please leave any advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dj

68 months ago

slim caramel in Columbia, South Carolina said: I have a orientation at the sprint call center in charlotte, nc on the 28th. I would like to know what to expect during the interview process. I heard alot of bad things about their administration department, but right now im trying to leave the law enforcement field and if they hire me it would help get the experience i need. Please leave any advice.

Slim, did you get the Sprint job? I want to apply, but I'm hearing alot of negative things. I just moved from Columbia. Icame home to Myrtle Beach for a minute but I'm looking to relocate to Charlotte too. How'd it go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

slim caramel in Columbia, South Carolina

64 months ago

no i didnt get the job i passed the computer test, i thought i did good on the interview but still didnt get the job. i guess it werent meant to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

LineNoise in Bolingbrook, Illinois

63 months ago

I applied for a sales job close to a year ago. It took forever to get a call back, finally got a call back, setup the interview and then someone had to go and die in a different state and I had to go. I never could get in contact with the manager again to reschedule, it was kind of odd. I figured a death was an acceptable postponement excuse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Sam80 in Sacramento, California

50 months ago

How do I get a hold of someone after I submit my application at sprint to follow up? I really could use this job right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ronda in Winter Springs, Florida

36 months ago

J M2008 in Roanoke, Virginia said: That means they aren't going to hire you. They only contact by email, for rejection. Sprint is a weird place. I have four years of wireless experience, I actually sold Sprint at Best Buy Mobile, worked for other providers, have my four-year commncations degree. I currently work for ACS, an outsourced company that handles the Sprint business accounts. I talk to their Corporate customers. Yet Sprint refuses to hire me, mainly because I worked for Embarq. Sprint is a poor company, ran by idiots. Dan Hessee, is likely to help sell off his third company.

Hi i worked for embarq now centurylink and iapplied for sprint i am only waiting for a background check and i should be in but not sure how the background works or how long it takes, do you know by chance.

ronda in Winter Springs, Florida

36 months ago

Jamesdoolen in San Diego, California said: How long did it take for you to hear after submitting for the background check? Did it take more than a week for Sprint to give you the official job offer?

Hi I am also waiting for results of background, did you ever hear back and how long did it officially take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

36 months ago

ronda in Winter Springs, Florida said: Hi I am also waiting for results of background, did you ever hear back and how long did it officially take?

Hi Ronda, I am also waiting to hear something. I took my drug test on Monday. I was wondering also how long it takes. The manager was really busy, so I did not want to bother with all kinds of questions. She only told me I would find out if I was offered part time or full time in the offer letter. Does anyone know if they email you or actually mail it? Praying for fulltime!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ronda bradley in orlando, Florida

36 months ago

not sure how they correspond maybe email but I finished my background tuesday hope its ok being I have no convictions just arrest record mad about that,but my cousin says itshouldnt ne a problem so this is day 1 hope to get good news by friday ill keep u updated. let me know what u findout please, hate the waiting game.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Santa Ana, California

36 months ago

ronda bradley in orlando, Florida said: not sure how they correspond maybe email but I finished my background tuesday hope its ok being I have no convictions just arrest record mad about that,but my cousin says itshouldnt ne a problem so this is day 1 hope to get good news by friday ill keep u updated. let me know what u findout please, hate the waiting game.

Did they let you know it was completed? I think as long as you are up front about that, it does not make a difference.

36 months ago

no the verification comp let me know it was done and that the rest is up to sprint. ill pray we both get it in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Hmmm? Now I am wondering if they have actually started a background yet? She said in her message to pick up the form for my escreen background and drug testing, but I just took the paper to the drug testing location, and that was it??? No one has contacted me from a background check company?? UGH!!! The wait is killing me! Did you use ESCREEN???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

no the verification comp let me know it was done and that the rest is up to sprint. ill pray we both get it in.........no they did it I guess bc the co called bc I needed to send w2 for a past job and they said thats all they needed to complete the background so they probably wouldnt have called me if I didnt need that, the manager did say it takes up to ten days to complete but that was in the interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Okee doke! I guess time will tell...its only been 3 days, so I guess I have to wait it out! I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well. They may be getting your offer letter ready and training info togther? That may be the hold up????\

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

I hope thats what their doin, good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Jenny in Rocky Mount, North Carolina said: Okee doke! I guess time will tell...its only been 3 days, so I guess I have to wait it out! I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well. They may be getting your offer letter ready and training info togther? That may be the hold up????\

Finally got my offer letter! any luck on your end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Finally got my offer letter after the long wait. Good luck to me thru the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bria in Columbus, Georgia

35 months ago

I had an interview for a business tech support rep about two weeks ago and I was asked to take the drug screen the same day. I didn't hear anything for about a week so I contacted HR. She told me that I couldn't officially be offered the job because they didn't know when training would start even though I was originally told a date. Does anyone know if this is common? Should I continue my job search? I was contacted a few days ago and told again that they are working on when they can have a class. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Also, what is the salary for this position?

Successfulmama in Snellville, Georgia

35 months ago

i have a pretty decent hob now.. but my company has no room for advancement opportunities does anyone know how much retail sales rep start at?? Also call center employees?? Thanks.. I recently applied for 4 jobs and my status currently says under consideration. Thanks

fhc in Des Plaines, Illinois

33 months ago

why would you want to work at sprint? judging from their customer service, i'm sure it's an awful place to work. all you'd do is read off of a script. you wouldn't be empowered to do anything to improve customer relationships or satisfaction. most people can't wait until they're out of business....

33 months ago

fhc in Des Plaines, Illinois said: why would you want to work at sprint? judging from their customer service, i'm sure it's an awful place to work. all you'd do is read off of a script. you wouldn't be empowered to do anything to improve customer relationships or satisfaction. most people can't wait until they're out of business....

Lol no worries I quit after the 4th or 5th week, too many complaints from employees dont want to work somewhere where employees are complaining before i even get my feet wet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mithos in Minneapolis, Minnesota

33 months ago

Sorry for the wall of text...but beware of Sprint right now.

I worked here for about 6 months and got fired for not meeting my accessory quota. I would advise most people to look elsewhere for a job IMO. The job is very cutthroat/ first come first serve. What I mean by that is there are no filters to the customers. Since unlike best buy, etc there are mostly no customer service reps (my store didn't), we lacked techs because they fired our best tech even tho we had only three of them, and we had no host. So every rep has to take a turn in hosting, and we had to handle ALL customer service complaints/ returns and exchanges/ bill payments (which was 40% of all customers), the other 50% were phone problems ( and since we had 2 techs b4 I left we had to fix some phones ourselves or deal with customers getting pissed about waiting 2-3 hours for their phone), and 10% was sales....and did I mention you are a sales rep on commission and you get those from sales and customer reviews.

So basically you could spend your whole day w/o a single sale.....especially since best buy mobile, radioshack, etc are gonna be close to your store and they sell the same service (they also have 30 day return policy, no restocking fees, and no mail in rebates). So you will deal with a lot of customers leaving because bestbuy has the same phones with better accessories and they are cheaper >_>. Sprint just took away premier account accessory discounts, billing and credits to an account, discounting, etc. So you have no more leverage over customers that want to go to best buy, etc.

Accessories are hard to sell since you have to sell $40+ per handset. Cases have no variety, and most customers don't want to spend more than $20 for one, and no one comes to sprint to buy a tablet pc (which you have to sell in order to hit quota, and 90% of them get returned). And you have to pass your surveys with all 5's on a scale of 5

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Successfulmama in Snellville, Georgia said: i have a pretty decent hob now.. but my company has no room for advancement opportunities does anyone know how much retail sales rep start at?? Also call center employees?? Thanks.. I recently applied for 4 jobs and my status currently says under consideration. Thanks

In MN it is $11 per hour, and $1100 per month if you hit your quota (which for me was pretty good), and it keeps getting higher if you go above. But if I were you if you do get hired, keep your options open. Because after 2 months depending on your store you might get SUPER stressed out.

And did I mention that even though you are on vacation you are still liable for your full quota >_>, you do get freebies but your manager can still hold you accountable.
Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

an ex rep in Charlotte, North Carolina

32 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Sprint? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Go online to sprint.com/careers All the available job listings are there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Go to their website and apply. There are usually always hiring, you also have to pass the assessment test (you are not told your score, but if you pass and they are hiring you will get the call). If you fail it they will not even call you back. Once you get the interview, you are most likely gonna get the job especially if you can market your skills. Remember that if your experience suck they will not call you and since they did they have seen something in you.

Make sure you remember your best sales experience, etc. They will also ask you about your experience. There is nothing unique about their interview process. It can be intimidating but it is nothing special.

As for advice.......good luck. Sprint corporate stores are not a good place to be right now. You will spend most of your time dealing with customers with phone/account/bill problems than you will selling. And prepare to lose a ton of customers to bestbuy, etc. They reduced their return policy to 14 days, now have restocking fees to new lines of service, no more premier silver accessory discounts, etc.

MLCR in Johnson City, Tennessee

31 months ago

Wow! There are alot of angry and disgruntled folks on here... May I offer a word of advice... Negativity will do you in everytime folks. Sprint can be a great place to work if you want it to be, just like any other work place. It can be very stressful dealing with people all day. I will not say every call is a joy but many are. The pay is good and the benefits are great. I have found that the co-workers who are complaining and griping 24/7 are doing so because they do not actually want to do their job, come to work and actually work. They like many folks seem to have a sense of entitlement. They want to be paid to drink their coffee and gossip with each other, and avoid performing any work. Meeting goals is not impossible, but you do have to actually work. If they spent half as much energy working as they do complaining about management, goals, finding ways to avoid calls, etc they would be suceeding. Like anything in life working for Sprint is what you make of it. At my center they work hard to make the environment fun and a pleasant place to work. They acknowledge when I perform well and if I do something incorrect or don't meet goals they work to find out if there is an issue and help you suceed. Like anywhere there are good, bad and great team leads, managers and supervisors. Sprint is a business. Like any business they are wanting to make a profit. They aim to give good service and customer satisfaction, but that does not mean that they are going to hand out money just to have your business or the pleasure of your presence to just sit there collect a paycheck and do no work. Sprint can be a super great place to work, if you actually want to work. I am grateful for my job, and the benefits I receive. Everyday I strive to ensure that I am doing my job, not only in my obligation & responsibility to sprint but to ensure that the right thing is done for the customer. It is what you make of it. I have found that is true in every aspect of life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SprinterNYC in New York, New York

27 months ago

I used to work for this company for 1 year I had enough. I have since moved on and enjoy better treatment and salary. I must say though a lot of what happens depends on your store manager and district manager. It is hard to hit your goals with sprint because the majority of your customers are service and repair. You must be a sales man/woman and convert the sale to atleast an accessory.

Each store is different though. My store was an A store but I never saw that. I tried my best and did a good job of sales it wasn't enough. They do have a quota of $40 accessories per handset but when you dont have variety it's pretty hard to accomplish that. Not to mention the aircard quota, which most got returned. Can't sell a product that sucks, I told that to my district manager he then had it for me. Pulled me in for a talk, waste of time telling me I don't care what you think you sell it if I tell you. So much for believing in a product.

I was fortunate enough to have a good staff. It is a high stress place but what isn't, that's why there is beer and liquor lol. If you can handle stress and customer who feel they are entitled to everything free this place is for you.

GOOD LUCK

Dont work for sprint in Meadville, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

I worked for sprint for over 1 year and this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They have good customer service.... Until you want to cancel your contract. There service is so bad I had customers come back 1 hour later and return there phone and go to another carrier. I finally got out of there and now I am at a reliable phone company. Sprint is a joke. I know a way to break a contract with sprint because I used to work there and did it for all my friends and when I switched carries all my friends did too. I am top sales rep at my other job and make 75k easy. sprint you will makes less that 40 at the top.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nada1818 in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

I have a question. I had an interview last Saturday ( 4 days ago) and the 2 managers I interviewed with loved me. They were asking me if i had been referred, and if I could teach their employees certain things I mentioned I knew how to do, the main manager told me "I will most likely call you with a job offer, but give me about a week since we are a little busy" he also said how happy he was that I waited for him even though the interview did not start at the time it was supposed to. I wanna know what to expect, I haven't received a call yet, and yes I know he said to give him around a week, but I can't find anything online about other's experiences. My application for that position says "under consideration" still, and the other 2 positions even though I did not interview went from "under consideration" to "under review"...anyone help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

22 months ago

Fannie in Farmington, Michigan said: Hey SPRINT! Do you seriously pay someone to put the same old ads into these websites on a daily basis? If so, I want the minimum wage job! What a WASTE of time!!

I thought the same thing. I can't believe people are even posting about trying to find a job with a retail phone store. Oh boy, nights, weekends, no benefits, low pay. Everything you could want in a job.

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

22 months ago

Nada1818 in Miami, Florida said: I have a question. I had an interview last Saturday ( 4 days ago) and the 2 managers I interviewed with loved me. They were asking me if i had been referred, and if I could teach their employees certain things I mentioned I knew how to do, the main manager told me "I will most likely call you with a job offer, but give me about a week since we are a little busy" he also said how happy he was that I waited for him even though the interview did not start at the time it was supposed to. I wanna know what to expect, I haven't received a call yet, and yes I know he said to give him around a week, but I can't find anything online about other's experiences. My application for that position says "under consideration" still, and the other 2 positions even though I did not interview went from "under consideration" to "under review"...anyone help?

Why are you asking anyone for help? Sounds like you want a job like this.

22 months ago

Different strokes for different folks, some jobs are what you make of them. Thank you for the comment, but I am looking for feedback that will help me, not comments that just say how bad of a job it is, or was for someone.

22 months ago

I'm not trying to offend in any way, I have also had bad experiences at jobs but in my situation the type of advice I need is about the hiring process and how long it takes etc, not about the bad things of working for them. Again thank you for the warnings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ashton in Johnson City, Tennessee

22 months ago

In Johnson City, TN jobs are very few and far between so regardless of every negative post on here I do want to work for Sprint. I applied for a customer service/call center job on Saturday and was told that I would receive an email from A-Check(background check company) within 24-48 hours then that would be followed by a drug test. I am still waiting to receive the email for the background check and it has been almost 48 hours and I havent received anything. Just emailed the recruiter a few hours ago but still no response. My record is 100% clear, never been arrested or anything like that. Has anyone had a problem receiving their background check email after the initial on-site interview? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!.....side note: I have been checking my Spam folder, too :)

Ashlynn in Lithonia, Georgia

22 months ago

I'm preparing for an interview with Sprint for their Technical Support Representative position. Could someone tell me what questions they would ask? Any information is helpful. Thanks!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.