What's the company culture at Sprouts Farmers Markets?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Sprouts Farmers Markets?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Sprouts Farmers Markets?

Reply - Report abuse

Mike Maslowski in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

Interviews are a great resource to gauge the corporate culture of a company. During two phone interviews for a Sr. FP&A Manager position with Sprouts I received proof that slavery was not abolished in 1865. All jokes aside, the phone interviews went like this: First, I received a fast response from a recruiter and a phone interview one day later. During that interview I was rather surprised when she asked if I was ok with a 50 - 60 hour work week. I responded that I was not and if folks typically work those hours than I simply was not interested in a career at Sprouts. The next day the recruiter contacted me back and wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager a VP of Finance. I took that interview and it was probably the fastest phone interview ever, 3 minutes tops. He described the company, its history, the position and then mentioned the 50-60 hour work week at which point I said that I simply was not interested unless I was paid considerably more. Folks, a word of caution if you want to work for Sprouts: they describe an "innovative culture" on their website however, it is clear that work-life balance is not part of the culture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

14 months ago

Mike Maslowski in Phoenix, Arizona said: Interviews are a great resource to gauge the corporate culture of a company. During two phone interviews for a Sr. FP&A Manager position with Sprouts I received proof that slavery was not abolished in 1865. All jokes aside, the phone interviews went like this: First, I received a fast response from a recruiter and a phone interview one day later. During that interview I was rather surprised when she asked if I was ok with a 50 - 60 hour work week. I responded that I was not and if folks typically work those hours than I simply was not interested in a career at Sprouts. The next day the recruiter contacted me back and wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager a VP of Finance. I took that interview and it was probably the fastest phone interview ever, 3 minutes tops. He described the company, its history, the position and then mentioned the 50-60 hour work week at which point I said that I simply was not interested unless I was paid considerably more. Folks, a word of caution if you want to work for Sprouts: they describe an "innovative culture" on their website however, it is clear that work-life balance is not part of the culture.

Whole Foods, Mothers and any of the others are the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.