Ssp America News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you think - will Ssp America grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Ssp America stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Pointing and Laughing in Charleston, South Carolina

71 months ago

Hmmm. Formerly Creative Host Services, they were bailed out financially by a British company and restructured under the SSP tradedress. Currently, SSP has the contract at Charleston International Airport and have been repeatedly called to task by the board of trustees (and airport patrons) about the quality of their food service and personnel. Small company for this industry (~26,000 employees). Mediocre to poor benefits in comparison to industry peers.

Extremely inexperienced HR staff and ridiculous screening process (any "interviews" are a series of undirected conversations with various levels of management). Uses dubious standardized testing techniques (very cheap, inaccurate and biased personality inventory, among others) as a final determining/eliminating factor for management employment (that is incredibly sad, SSP). Extremely unprofessional company and interviewing techniques. I would be curious to hear about the company culture (especially if it contradicts my experience) from a current member of management...

They are pressed for a general manager in the Charleston area current summer 2008 (the current one is moving) - I recommend moving on and not applying for this job, recession or not. Go with Sodexho or ARAMARK...

Poorly equipped company for future success - they have zero ability to identify and hire talent and the current operation is under fire (very devastating article in the local paper within the last year or so). Pretty scary outlook - I think they only have a couple of years left on their current contract, but they have options for extensions. To be balanced, SSP has invested heavily in the renovation of this location and the inclusion of some (questionable) national brands, but epic failure will be the likely result (and funny to watch) since they won't have anyone capable to pilot the craft, so to speak...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

summersun in vancouver, British Columbia

46 months ago

I must agree. Most unprofessional interviews I have ever participated in. Would not recommend working for this company if the interview process is any indication of SSp's treatment of employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

suckedin in Sacramento, California

29 months ago

summersun in vancouver, British Columbia said: I must agree. Most unprofessional interviews I have ever participated in. Would not recommend working for this company if the interview process is any indication of SSp's treatment of employees.

I agree as well...I was sucked in and worked for them for a few months...don't let this happen to you, there are better things in life than working for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.