St. Paul Travelers Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at St. Paul Travelers?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Garland, Texas

88 months ago

What type questions do they ask and how many interviews

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tee in Saint Paul, Minnesota

86 months ago

I interviewed for two different positions and the interviews couldn't be more opposite. One manager didn't ask me any questions. We just talked. The other manager asked me every by-the-book interview question out there. Even though the company is huge, there's no real standardization for this stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

orangemen24 in Syracuse, New York

59 months ago

I just had an on campus interview at my school's career center. Interview went well and hoping I get the call for the on site interview. Most of the question's were behavioral based. These are some they asked me:

1. What are your strengths? And which one best signifies/represents you?
2. What is one of your main weaknesses?
3. What do you know about the company and who are its main competitors?
4. Have you used Excel or MS Access? If so, please explain?
5. Tell me a situation where you had to make a drastic decision either in the workplace or school.
6. Why should we pick you out of all the candidates what makes you different?

Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Skywalker in Farmington, Connecticut

57 months ago

I went on 2 different interviews. The first one was formal and it consisted of a call from a recruiter who basically just wanted to verify my resume, ask 2 behavioral questions, and then explained that a 1:1 was going to be set up. A week later someone from HR called to set up the 1:1 for the following week. I went in and the hiring mgr met me in the HR office and was very formal. He asked a few behavioral questions like:

1 - Name a time where your communication skills were used sucessfully?
2 - How do you deal with conflict with internal and external customers?
3 - What was your greatest frustration in your working career?
4 - Explain a time where you were in charge of a project and how did it turn out
5 - How long would it take for you to contriube to the team?

I was told that I would be contacted either way the following week. No response ever.

I went on a second interview 5 months later (for a different job) and it was quite different. Recruiter called and did the same thing as the first time around. I went in and this time I was interviewed in the hiring mgr office. This is where it was odd. She kept getting phone calls during the interview and she kept looking at her screen for some reason. I was very distracted by this behavior. She asked 2 behavioral questions and the rest of the time she just explained the job duties and what it is they do, etc...more focused on briefing me on the position. At the end I was told I'd be contacted either way by HR or herself in a week to let me know if I go on to the second interview. A week later I did get a call to set up the 2nd interview with the director and hiring mgr. Went in and it was just small talk and more briefing. Again was told I'd be contacted in a week if I made the cut. At this time I haven't heard back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

57 months ago

orangemen24 and Skywalker, thanks for the specifics.

Skywalker did you respond to a job posting or was it a campus solicited position?

Which types of jobs were involved?
Customer Service, underwriting, Claims, ....?

Anyone regarding the Tampa, FL office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Skywalker in Farmington, Connecticut

56 months ago

I applied by their website. I have since secured a job with a smaller prop & casualty co. Anyway I NEVER HEARD BACK. So I followed up with the HR recruiter and finally got a hold of her. She just said, "oh they filled that position a few weeks ago...didn't the mgr call or email you???" wow. from how i was treated those 2 times I would NOT work for Travelers. Very inconsiderate!!!! These were both claims jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

What's the physical address of the Human Resources or recruiting office in Tampa, Florida?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FogCityGirl in San Francisco, California

26 months ago

So what happened? Where was this office?
I think it is rude for someone to be on the phone and looking at the computer screen during an interview. They expect our undivided attention, you think the interviewers could do the same!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.