Computer Technician Job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Aiwendil in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

I'm looking for a job involving computer repair, and I heard that Staples has a similar position. What is it called (what job title would I look for when applying)? Do they require any professional experience? I have my CompTIA A+ (computer technician) and Network+ (network technician) certifications and I've been repairing computers for family and friends for years, but I have no professional experience (so Best Buy won't take me).

Any info on this job and advice on how to get it would be appreciated.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anon281 in Chippewa Lake, Ohio

55 months ago

Its called an Easy Resident Tech or ERT and requires no professional experience but you do have to pass a somewhat hard test without previous experience but with the qualifications listed you should have no problem. You must pass that test before they will even consider you for a tech position. FYI the pay isn't very good compared to bestbuy but it will look good on further tech applications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam in La Porte, Indiana

45 months ago

Aiwendil in Denver, Colorado said: I'm looking for a job involving computer repair, and I heard that Staples has a similar position. What is it called (what job title would I look for when applying)? Do they require any professional experience? I have my CompTIA A+ (computer technician) and Network+ (network technician) certifications and I've been repairing computers for family and friends for years, but I have no professional experience (so Best Buy won't take me).

Any info on this job and advice on how to get it would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a degree in networking communications management. I am working at staples for 7.45/hr I am not happy. Do not work for staples. They seriously don't pay me enough to be reliable and use my 3 years of experience in computer repair and my bachelors degree. GETTING OUT AS SOON AS ANYTHING COMES UP...ANYTHING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

icouldcareless in Minot, North Dakota

38 months ago

Sam in La Porte, Indiana said: I have a degree in networking communications management. I am working at staples for 7.45/hr I am not happy. Do not work for staples. They seriously don't pay me enough to be reliable and use my 3 years of experience in computer repair and my bachelors degree. GETTING OUT AS SOON AS ANYTHING COMES UP...ANYTHING

I thought my pay was bad(7.68/hr). but I end up doing EVERYTHING at my store except for CPC stuff, cuz they wont let someone who is certified in that area help people there. Fine with me, means I have one less department to deal with. if it werent for the fact that I'm not EasyTech and havent taken their trainings, I'd be selling their computers too. And they wonder why I don't get anything done...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Johnstown, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

icouldcareless in Minot, North Dakota said: I thought my pay was bad(7.68/hr). but I end up doing EVERYTHING at my store except for CPC stuff, cuz they wont let someone who is certified in that area help people there. Fine with me, means I have one less department to deal with. if it werent for the fact that I'm not EasyTech and havent taken their trainings, I'd be selling their computers too. And they wonder why I don't get anything done...

really ??? 7.68 a hour i started out darn near double that . the assessment test where a complete Joke

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.