Do not work for Staples as a Inside Sales Rep

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

bewareofstaples in Ann Arbor, Michigan

38 months ago

Do not work for Staples as an Inside Sales Rep. I worked there for many many years and will tell you exactly what happend to me. Everything was going well until the start of the year and they raised the quota up huge. I looked at the numbers in the system and was doing well above quota. They did not get the official numbers until three months later because they kept on making mistakes. When they finally came out with the numbers, they were still wrong. We all told the managers that the numbers were not correct but they insisted they were. Two weeks later eleven of us were called into a room and told that we were all layed off for not making our numbers. After the layoff, about three weeks later I found out that they made mistakes on the numbers again and found out they fired us based on incorrect numbers. I don't know if they did this on purpose or what but it is disgusting and cruel to do to someone. One guy who got layed off was having a baby in 4 weeks and was told his medical insurance was going to be cut off three days before the baby was born. Also in the severence contract they stated that the vacation pay was to be paid on a specific date but was never paid and thus making the contract null and void.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jeep in Northville, Michigan

24 months ago

bewareofstaples in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: Do not work for Staples as an Inside Sales Rep. I worked there for many many years and will tell you exactly what happend to me. Everything was going well until the start of the year and they raised the quota up huge. I looked at the numbers in the system and was doing well above quota. They did not get the official numbers until three months later because they kept on making mistakes. When they finally came out with the numbers, they were still wrong. We all told the managers that the numbers were not correct but they insisted they were. Two weeks later eleven of us were called into a room and told that we were all layed off for not making our numbers. After the layoff, about three weeks later I found out that they made mistakes on the numbers again and found out they fired us based on incorrect numbers. I don't know if they did this on purpose or what but it is disgusting and cruel to do to someone. One guy who got layed off was having a baby in 4 weeks and was told his medical insurance was going to be cut off three days before the baby was born. Also in the severence contract they stated that the vacation pay was to be paid on a specific date but was never paid and thus making the contract null and void.

Hi
Was this out of the Novi office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeep in Northville, Michigan

24 months ago

Was this out of the Novi office? Are goals attainable?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.