Hiring????

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Ginpeeb in Medfield, Massachusetts

106 months ago

What do you have to do to get an interview with this company????I've tried & tried.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sara11 in Pennsylvania

104 months ago

you get interviews, they never call you back after they state they would.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

byanes39 in Queens, New York

101 months ago

dude i just got a job there i applied online and next day one of the managers called me for a interview but you gotta make sure theyre hiring...but they pay i not that great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Worcester, Massachusetts

100 months ago

I have submitted alot of resumes to them for a customer service position. They have never called me. I think I will just give up!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Don in Denver, Colorado

98 months ago

Ginpeeb in Medfield, Massachusetts said: What do you have to do to get an interview with this company????I've tried & tried.

I have the same question, although I have retail store management experience and I have even applied for lower department positions, I still haven't even received a response back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jellybelly0315 in Attleboro, Massachusetts

98 months ago

I have worked in the Staples home office in Framingham,MA and left for a year, I am nowgoing back to work there but in a different department. When I first applied no one called me. I then got my first job using a temp agency. The thing is they get more applications then you would think. Some times it can take up to 2 months for someone to call you. Also they hire from within first so you have to compete with all those people. If you know someone that works for any division of Staples use them as a reference. Also try and get the name of the recruiter for the position that you are applying for. If your applying for a store position speak to the store manager in your area. I hope this info helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

j

88 months ago

do not try any harder to work for them big mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Anon281 in Chippewa Lake, Ohio

70 months ago

Staples gets a ton of applications daily and based on how you answer the questionaire and what job you are applying for, the computer pools you in different categories. The initial screen just shows name, if you passed the questionaire and what job your applying for so your just a small fish in the sea. They scroll to what position they are hiring for and randomly click a name and look at application and think yes or no. My recommendation would be if you are applying for a store position: give them a week or two then go into the store you wanna get hired at and introduce yourself to the manager and tell them you applied and what position you applied for. Be sure to give your full name and spelling (I recommend making a professional looking business card because it is less obvious and a more professional approach than a scrap piece of paper). That makes you standout from the other names and they can search by first and last name. When you go in to introduce yourself to the manager, dress professional like you would for an interview (No untucked shirts, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, graphics t-shirts, tennis shoes etc...). They can then put a face to the name and that bumps you ahead of others. Happy job hunting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.